Larry Elders - Black Folk's Problems come from Fatherlessness (70%), not Systemic Racism

To summarize--there is no data to show that the black "illegitimacy" figure of 70 percent has been caused by unmarried black women having more kids than they did in the past. In fact, the trend is the exact opposite. What is clear is that the behavior of married black women has changed, to the point that married black women are actually having less kids than married white women.

To summarize--there is no data to show that the black "illegitimacy" figure of 70 percent has been caused by unmarried black women having more kids than they did in the past. In fact, the trend is the exact opposite. What is clear is that the behavior of married black women has changed, to the point that married black women are actually having less kids than married white women.
The article was informative, but it attempts to counter an argument or conclusion that has never been made, and in my opinion, that makes it somewhat disingenuous.

Caring too much about what white folks think or the gist of conservative talking points possibly caused him to twist himself up in nots to find an explanation for an audience that could care less. He is going to have to come the realization that white folks that mean you harm will make up a reason to hate if they can't find one.

I'm actually surprised that article was written by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Last edited:
To be honest. It was other africans who kidnapped and sold our ancestors.
I have said it once, I will say it again, I will say it a thousand times, slavery on the scale that it happened could not have happen without the help of other Africans. Africa needs to take a look in the mirror on slavery. Yes I said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also gotta get rid of folks like Sexyy Red & Sukihana out here putting out music. I know you old folks don't listen to music today, but these two young ladies are doing real damage to this young generation. These young ladies love them. I mean these girls make Too Live Crew seem like Church boys. They got all these young ladies "Going to Pound Town" and talking about getting head and drilled out.
Women have been singing about their sexual escapades (and in explicit fashion) going all the way back to Bessie Smith in the 1920s.

From the song Empty Bed Blues:
He's a deep sea diver with a stroke that can't go wrong
He can stay at the bottom and his wind holds out so long

Staying in the 1920s, Ma Rainey, a Blues singer, had these lyrics in a song:
I got nipples on my titties, big as the end of my thumb
I got somethin' between my legs'll make a dead man come

And this was "old folks music." And it was popular. Ain't none of this new. It's just we like to blame something -- or in this case song lyrics -- for what we think contributes to moral decline.

Women have been singing about their sexual escapades (and in explicit fashion) going all the way back to Bessie Smith in the 1920s.

And this was "old folks music." And it was popular. Ain't none of this new. It's just we like to blame something -- or in this case song lyrics -- for what we think contributes to moral decline.
LOL!!! Lord knows you are telling the truth. LOL!! I can say that because my parents had some of those records and they were played on those record players that did not run by electricity (gramophone). I was a little boy, but I can remember that. We would listen to those records when my parents were not at home. LOL!!! They were graphic to say the least.

I don't know what life was like for kids in the 1920s, but I doubt it was as easy for younguns to get access to this stuff back then as it is now. We turn folks like this into twisted civil rights heros today.

Back