Lack of black Offensive/Defensive at PWIs...

Mrwiregrass

Why is there a lack of black coaches at these two positions? I look at Tee Martin at Tennessee. He has more college coaching experience than Pruitt. But, he is a lowly assistant. See, this is some true racism.

Hell, Pruitt (Tennessee's head coach) was a high school assistant in 2007. But, he got D.C. position at Florida State, Georgia, and Alabama. A black man will never have that benefit-of-doubt.

No seriously. Look at his "highlights" on YouTube then look at the hype surrounding him. 😐 I promise you it's racism. 🤣

And what's really sad, we send our (HBCUs) coaches to their coaching clinics. We have basically bought into their inferiority complex that they have sold us. We lack the ability to believe in ourselves. I do believe through factual scientific research, our brains are no different than their brains, but we do have an abundance of melanin that gives us more receptive power.

Last edited:
And what's really sad, we send our (HBCUs) coaches to their coaching clinics. We have basically bought into their inferiority complex that they have sold us. We lack the ability believe in ourselves. I do believe through factual scientific research, our brains are no different than their brains, but we do have an abundance of melanin that gives us more receptive power.
Attending coaching clinics could prove extremely helpful for a young upcoming coach. LSU recently hired a very young coach ( who had been with the saints) to install/teach the saints short passing game last spring.
We all saw the results Saturday night in Austin Tx ..
I expect this same coach will receive higher compensation soon..
Clinics should be viewed as an opportunity to improve your skills, update strategies and meet/impress others in your profession which could fast track your career..

Attending coaching clinics could prove extremely helpful for a young upcoming coach. LSU recently hired a very young coach ( who had been with the saints) to install/teach the saints short passing game last spring.
We all saw the results Saturday night in Austin Tx ..
I expect this same coach will receive higher compensation soon..
Clinics should be viewed as an opportunity to improve your skills, update strategies and meet/impress others in your profession which could fast track your career..

Coaching clinics are the dissection of the game in every aspect in order to improve one's ability to coach the game in every aspect. The game is definitely not monolithic, therefore a well skilled coach can make the necessary adjustments to match his opponent's wit. Last time I checked, HBCUs are colleges and universities or institutions of higher learning. Boise State proved to me that it doesn't take much to defeat a giant. All one has to do is out think them, such as David and Goliath. IMO, we need to look for more coaches who have the ability to step outside of the box and out think their opponents. In some cases, our coaches look clueless, especially when they are coaching against PWI's coaches.

Last edited:
Coaching clinics are the dissection of the game in every aspect in order to improve one's ability to coach the game in every aspect. The game is definitely not monolithic, therefore a well skilled coach can make the necessary adjustments to match his opponent's wit. Last time I checked, HBCUs are colleges and universities or institutions of higher learning. Boise State proved to me that it doesn't take much to defeat a giant. All one has to do is out think them, such as David and Goliath. IMO, we need to look for more coaches who have the ability to step outside of the box and out think their opponents. In some cases, our coaches look clueless, especially when they are coaching against PWI's coaches.

Is it clueless or lack of personnel? Hopson at Alcorn didn’t look the same year 1 until talent arrived.

Is it clueless or lack of personnel? Hopson at Alcorn didn’t look the same year 1 until talent arrived.

It might be both. Kids know which coaches are coaching them to the next level. But like I previously stated, Boise State wasn't supposed to have the personnel to beat Oklahoma the year they beat them in the Fiesta Bowl, but they did. Coaching became a key factor in their big wins.

Sorry dude. But Ehlinger can play. He ain’t a scrub at all.

Hurts and even the qb at UofH are actually better than him. Do they get praise like he gets? Does Tua? No they don't. U've seen him play since high school... He's Tebow.2

Hurts and even the qb at UofH are actually better than him. Do they get praise like he gets? Does Tua? No they don't. U've seen him play since high school... He's Tebow.2
Hurts gets way more praise than Ehlinger nationally. In Texas of course they wanna roll with their guy.

With all those articles on Ehlinger being damn near jesus to football? His "unorthodox but brutal play style"? Yet qbs like Hurts are framed as glorified running backs. 😐 I swear some people just want to be right if they don't know...

I know Ehlinger has drawn some praise for his play, but I haven’t seen or heard it at the levels of Tua, Herbert or Sunshine at Clemson.

Last edited:
Back