Keeping in touch with your Ex.

Originally posted by PsiSnake

If your man had problems with this, would you do something about it?
If my man had a problem with this, it would be very clear to me that we need to discuss this and other issues. He definitely has other issues that need to be discussed.

Re: Well..............

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
I fill as though when you're married, all ties should be cut off. L, even if you're dating seriously or engage. I mean, what's the point of keeping in touch with your ex. In my opinion it's not about sercuity. Why even open the door for old memories or flames to present themselves? Now, if you run into them that's different, but hanging out or talking on the phone is BIG NO NO IN MY BOOK. Yes, I'm married and the MRS. fills the same way. If she wants a male friend to conversate with, here I am. She has girlfriends to talk with concerning her female issues, :rolleyes: so what's the point of a EX............ As far as keeping in touch, wish them the best pertaining to their future's and call it done. (personal opinion only)

THANK YOU!

The same goes for if you're not married if you ask me!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just asking, but didn't someone say that if you cannot find all you need in one relationship it was ok to seek it in how many it takes to make you happy. For example, Suge may be good at something, PsiSnake maybe good at something and etc. So if it takes up to five to satisfy wants not needs then it should be ok.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Just asking, but didn't someone say that if you cannot find all you need in one relationship it was ok to seek it in how many it takes to make you happy. For example, Suge may be good at something, PsiSnake maybe good at something and etc. So if it takes up to five to satisfy wants not needs then it should be ok.

NOT!

I believe the comments in that thread were dealing with single/dating life, where you can have ALL of those choices and the freedom. When you are SERIOUSLY involved with someone, I think that is sooo NEGATIVE!

See Ladies....its all about "Codes of Conduct", and yes it goes both ways. Having male friends is fine; but having your ex as your close friend is definately a No No!

MD,

You're right, but I can't remember what thread that was. I feel people should do whatever they want to do. I just think when you're involved with someone, you should be honest. Express your feelings and thoughts on things UPFRONT.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
MD,

You're right, but I can't remember what thread that was. I feel people should do whatever they want to do. I just think when you're involved with someone, you should be honest. Express your feelings and thoughts on things UPFRONT.

I feel what you saying, but if you can do whatever you want to in the relationship and just be UPFRONT about it, why not just stay single. What's the point of being invloved? I feel like if your not ready to fully commit to a person in every aspect, just stay single

I feel what you saying, but if you can do whatever you want to in the relationship and just be UPFRONT about it, why not just stay single. What's the point of being invloved? I feel like if your not ready to fully commit to a person in every aspect, just stay single

You're right and that's probably why I'm single...LOL I'm too upfront and others are not.

It depends on who it is... AND HELL NAW, I don't agree! Move the hell on! Some people have issues in their latest relationships because of drama with the "ex" who should not even be able to hold a twig against your current spoogie!

10 day old doggie dookie won't stink until you stir that isht up! Leave that isht in yester-YEAR!

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Usually, there an "ex" for a reason or two or three. :rolleyes: But sometimes folks are just better as friends. It's probably best once a person gets married to cut those folks off completely. 9 times out of 10, if your boo is still communicating with their ex, you won't be aware of it anyway....cuz they'll never admit that to you.

Dtown: That is some truth!

Re: Well..............

I fill as though when you're married, all ties should be cut off. L, even if you're dating seriously or engage. I mean, what's the point of keeping in touch with your ex. In my opinion it's not about sercuity. Why even open the door for old memories or flames to present themselves? Now, if you run into them that's different, but hanging out or talking on the phone is BIG NO NO IN MY BOOK. Yes, I'm married and the MRS. fills the same way. If she wants a male friend to conversate with, here I am. She has girlfriends to talk with concerning her female issues, :rolleyes: so what's the point of a EX............ As far as keeping in touch, wish them the best pertaining to their future's and call it done. (personal opinion only)

I am with you on that one! It has naught to do with security, but more about <b>respect</b>...in my personal opinion...

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

I am with you on that one! It has naught to do with security, but more about <b>respect</b>...in my personal opinion...

There goes that word again,"Respect"! ;)

Homeboy I am with you. You ain't got nothing to talk to that ninja about when it is over. If I am still calling her I am doing it to keep the lines of communication open so when she is lonely I will get that late night call. Scenerio "What are you doing?", Nothing you feel like company? , Yeah I am on my way. :cool:

Originally posted by CEE DOG
If I am still calling her I am doing it to keep the lines of communication open so when she is lonely I will get that late night call.

:rolleyes:

Snake, you already have my opinion on this topic. :D

It depends

It depends on the situation. I was talkin to this guy and all of a sudden we stopped. his friends were really fun and cool, but I didnt want to make the situation awkward. So I stopped talkin and speakin to them and they became really offended. They felt like it was no big deal about me and the guy not talkin... and that we all were still cool!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
It depends on who it is... AND HELL NAW, I don't agree! Move the hell on! Some people have issues in their latest relationships because of drama with the "ex" who should not even be able to hold a twig against your current spoogie!

10 day old doggie dookie won't stink until you stir that isht up! Leave that isht in yester-YEAR!

Mrs. Evans. Sound like you've been around that block several times. :p

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where tha fellaz at?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

Im here Snake, but man! You've stirred up a true Hornets nest.

They were comin left & right...but preciate that!

ITA

So yall telling me, if you knew your man was calling his ex all the time.....keeping in touch, you wouldn have know problem with it? I think thats BS! :rolleyes: Yall know d@mn well yall'la be trippin!

I feel like all ties should be cut.......PERIOD! What do you have'ta talk about? Aint isht you need'ta discuss....its over! I'm not sayin that you shouldn be friends anymore, but the communication thing must cease. This have nuthin to do with SE-CU-RI-TY!; its all about respect.

I feel the isht is unhealthy and could possibly become a threat.

~shrugs~

....all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

If they still feel the need to communicate like that.....then I gotta bounce...
:cool:

I have no problem with a woman whom I'm seeing remaining friends with her ex. She can be friends with whomever she chooses. I neither insecure nor paranoid enough to panic about that.

Now if she were living with the other gentleman, that would be a different story.

Honestly, how many of you women have male friends that NEVER drop a sexual hint every now and then. Judging from some of these posts...not too many can raise their hands because it seems everyone wants to fugg everyone on here.

Saying "It's cool" is one thing...but all of that goes right out of the window once you find out a dude is talking to his ex or a gal is hollering at her ex.

If I have an ex..they're an ex for a reason. If it was meant to be...it would have been. So the two people go through the cat and mouse thing of "being cordial and friendly" But if circumstances ever change...most ex's would hook back up for a "cut up" So it all comes down to being secure. You have to believe that people are going to do what they want to do. You can't hold a gun to someone's head telling them what to do and what not to do.

If I was dating someone and they were talking to their ex...would I like it? Probably not. Now if brother man disrespects me 24/7, she may have to make a decision. If I'm putting it down right, I would hope that she wouldn't hook back up with the ex. But sometimes people just tool around. Personally I like to be the center of my woman's universe. But the world just isn't like that.

My .02

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Honestly, how many of you women have male friends that NEVER drop a sexual hint every now and then. Judging from some of these posts...not too many can raise their hands because it seems everyone wants to fugg everyone on here.

*raising hand* :wavey:

And no, they are not gay!! :lol:

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
...not too many can raise their hands because it seems everyone wants to fugg everyone on here.

My .02

Everyone has already fugged everyone on here. They just don't say it here. :rolleyes:

Black Bengal: Why would you say that?

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Back