Keeping in touch with your Ex.

PsiSnake

Do you approve of your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband remaining close friends and keeping in touch with there "ex"?.....Ya know, calling each other every other week and checkin up etc.

.......keep in mind, they dont have any "ties",i.e. children that will keep them connected.

Whats your opinion on this and be real!

Usually, there an "ex" for a reason or two or three. :rolleyes: But sometimes folks are just better as friends. It's probably best once a person gets married to cut those folks off completely. 9 times out of 10, if your boo is still communicating with their ex, you won't be aware of it anyway....cuz they'll never admit that to you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It's cool with me, because I am a very secure female. SECURITY is the main issue in this situation. One mate has to be sure they don't give the other mate any reason to be suspicous(sp) of the friendship.

Re: We did this about a month ago

Originally posted by JSTUS
It's cool with me, because I am a very secure female. SECURITY is the main issue in this situation. One mate has to be sure they don't give the other mate any reason to be suspicous(sp) of the friendship.

Very true, if someone wants to do something, it'll happen anyway.

There it be!

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
9 times out of 10, if your boo is still communicating with their ex, you won't be aware of it anyway....cuz they'll never admit that to you.

That's real about you not knowing about it, if your ex is still communicating with em!

I'm a secure female about my relationship, when I'm in one, but I'm also not a FOOL! Huh! I will give me s.o. enough space to do what he do, but every situation is different and if I can help it I will.

Originally posted by ms.sonic96
I will give me s.o. enough space to do what he do, but every situation is different and if I can help it I will.

Whether U give him space or not, he'll make time to do whatever he wants. I learned that a long time ago.:rolleyes:

That's what I'm saying... I give the man a rope long enough to let them hang themselves. I don't worry about that stuff.

So yall telling me, if you knew your man was calling his ex all the time.....keeping in touch, you wouldn have know problem with it? I think thats BS! :rolleyes: Yall know d@mn well yall'la be trippin!

I feel like all ties should be cut.......PERIOD! What do you have'ta talk about? Aint isht you need'ta discuss....its over! I'm not sayin that you shouldn be friends anymore, but the communication thing must cease. This have nuthin to do with SE-CU-RI-TY!; its all about respect.

I feel the isht is unhealthy and could possibly become a threat.

~shrugs~

Yes, to "ex's". No, to "cutty buddies".
888.gif

If that ninja doesn't see a problem with conversing with his ex (girlfriend, lover, mistress, whatever), then trying to get him to see differently is liking talking to the stoplight.

It isn't always worth the hassle.

Plus, if leaves LITTLE ROOM for complaints about who I talk to!

:tup:

I feel that it is respect also..... I stop all contact when I get in a relationship. That's just my side, I believe in loyalty, and I wouldn't want that to happen to me~

Originally posted by PsiSnake
So yall telling me, if you knew your man was calling his ex all the time.....keeping in touch, you wouldn have know problem with it? I think thats BS! :rolleyes: Yall know d@mn well yall'la be trippin!

I feel like all ties should be cut.......PERIOD! What do you have'ta talk about? Aint isht you need'ta discuss....its over! I'm not sayin that you shouldn be friends anymore, but the communication thing must cease. This have nuthin to do with SE-CU-RI-TY!; its all about respect.

~shrugs~

Snake,

U missed the point I think. I didn't say I knew he was communicating with his ex...that's the whole point of my post. U never really know that anyway, men don't tell you that kind of stuff. Personally, I don't wanna know....eventually, I'll find out anyway. All their dirt comes to the light.....trust me. Some things work for some that don't work for others. If you like it, I love it.

This have nuthin to do with SE-CU-RI-TY!; its all about respect.

~shrugs~

Threats are only threats when you believe them. If you know you are giving your mate all they want in a mate, why would they creep with the ex. Apparently, they left the ex for a reason. If they didn't want you and still wanted them, then you 'd know it. Then you'd feel threatened.

RESPECT...Are you saying it's disrespectful for me to be a friend to someone that is a friend to me? Both of my ex-boyfriends and I were friends before the relationship, did not break up on bad terms, and are still true friends.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Usually, there an "ex" for a reason or two or three. :rolleyes: But sometimes folks are just better as friends. It's probably best once a person gets married to cut those folks off completely. 9 times out of 10, if your boo is still communicating with their ex, you won't be aware of it anyway....cuz they'll never admit that to you.
So dayum true.

RESPECT...Are you saying it's disrespectful for me to be a friend to someone that is a friend to me? Both of my ex-boyfriends and I were friends before the relationship, did not break up on bad terms, and are still true friends.

I don't know how many times I've asked that question. :rolleyes:

See Snake, now I see you don't really want the truth, you want justification. Why you asking for the fellas?

LOL

Re: Mannnn......

Where tha fellaz at?

:rolleyes: @ Yvette.....A Lie!

:rolleyes: back @ Snake .........you another!!! :lol:

I'm not the only one with a bad memory! :smh:

Well..............

I fill as though when you're married, all ties should be cut off. L, even if you're dating seriously or engage. I mean, what's the point of keeping in touch with your ex. In my opinion it's not about sercuity. Why even open the door for old memories or flames to present themselves? Now, if you run into them that's different, but hanging out or talking on the phone is BIG NO NO IN MY BOOK. Yes, I'm married and the MRS. fills the same way. If she wants a male friend to conversate with, here I am. She has girlfriends to talk with concerning her female issues, :rolleyes: so what's the point of a EX............ As far as keeping in touch, wish them the best pertaining to their future's and call it done. (personal opinion only)

RESPECT...Are you saying it's disrespectful for me to be a friend to someone that is a friend to me?

No...but you must draw the line somewhere; IF they or you keep calling or whatever. If your man had problems with this, would you do something about it?

Back