JSU marching 339 The Notice has been served...clips

Regarding the part in bold, so I guess we're supposed to be scared of the 339? LMAO! I was talking to sons 1&2 at dinner last night. They both march for SU. Convo went like this:

Me: So ya'll ready for this fall?
Both: Yep.
Me: Any game ya'll looking forward to?
Eldest: Homecoming
Namesake: Bayou Classic
Eldest: (laughs)
Me: Any home games?
Eldest: Nah
Namesake: Dad, we not worried about the band that grew over night. Me and some of my crab brothers started a go fund me account for the missing instruments.
Eldest: Yep and me and some of my crab brothers contributed. Every little bit helps!
(both of them fist bump)
Me: (wipes tears) I'm just so proud of you guys
!
Dude please. When your band director goes out of his way to do what he did, that alone speak volumes. Your boys know what to say to you to please you though.
And speaking of funding, they need to worry about them rusty horns and taped up trumpets in that band room.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Aww, come'on. You know you'z sked of this "50lbs of Base" coming from this 300+39phantom swing@sway. Admit it...you's sked. Please

*snicker*
Come on Blade, you KNOW when The BOOM comes marching into Mumford with The BOOM 300 plus "swingin and swayin", Haymer gone go into panic mode and act a donkey. He won't be able to help himself. I can see it already. Hahahahahaha!!

well im from jersey and live jersey so thats pretty acurate just gotta hold your own weight ..i will be in BR to see a good battle...
Some su folks probably too dumb to be scared until it hits them but they can't say they weren't mercifully warned. Yall will be able to blame that on Haymer and folks like Jax for not warning his chilluns to respect greatness.

Some su folks probably too dumb to be scared until it hits them but they can't say they weren't mercifully warned. Yall will be able to blame that on Haymer and folks like Jax for not warning his chilluns to respect greatness.
lmao... yall need to lay off of haymer.. like do he really get on yall nerves.. i didnt get that from him

Dude please. When your band director goes out of his way to do what he did, that alone speak volumes. Your boys know what to say to you to please you though.
And speaking of funding, they need to worry about them rusty horns and taped up trumpets in that band room.
Trumpet is typically an instrument that is student-owned along with the clarinet, saxophone, trombone, and flute. School-owned instruments would be your larger instruments like mellophones, baritones, sousaphones, and percussion.

Who keeps on hiring SU Grads to work with their band lol.
Dowell Taylor did NOT hire Oneil Sanford! Dr. Myers really did. smh. lol. Soooo basically .... Taylor likes Myers & does what the BOSS tell him to do...lol. Dr. Myers...the PRESIDENT of JSU is EVERYBODYS BOSS...sooo you gonna please ya Boss..i would think, & she is a HUGE SONIC BOOM SUPPORTER!!! lastly....Dr. Sanford is a Great Guy!!! but he dont have any CONTROL over the BOOM.....Taylor & Myers set it up that way. The Doc.. Little is the man who runs the SONIC BOOM , now & future!!!! Also yall SU folks gotta realize, it dont matter who JSU hires or have hired....they have NEVER changed the sound & style of the BOOM! Even back when Paul Adams was there...yes he wrote some nice arrangements & was a great teacher....but the Boom played like the Boom even then, Professor Davis started the Boom sound & as far as Mr. Duplesis..he taught good drills ...etc.....BUT Harold Haugthon...is the one who established JSU style of drilling...which they still do TODAY!!!! The BOOM had the MOST change sound wise around Yr. 2000 & up mainly because of NEW young arrangers...that they didnt have & the instrumentation was greater than ever...bigger brass sections...etc! & arrangers like T. prewitt & Little have ALWAYS been ARRGRESSIVE arrangers...has nothing to do with SU. The Sonic Boom is nothing like SU. People know ya history!!! lol.

Last edited:
I know SU will NOT hire outside band directors, which is crazy.... i would hire on talent.... but does it really matter? ......They may make yall BETTER in something! As long as a SU graduate is the head & have a associate that is SU ....the program is still all good!!!! A Great program is Great & remains great anyways!!!! No matters who is on staff, but I do agree that the head band director..SHOULD be the head of the his schools program.

lmao... yall need to lay off of haymer.. like do he really get on yall nerves.. i didnt get that from him

Man honestly, the current and recent JSU folk ain't thought about Haymer, SU or anybody for the matter besides JSU cuz we don't care lol. Even WE don't understand the logic behind some of the foolishness these older dudes got going on by taking stuff too far. We don't care about nothing Haymer said or did. It is what it is, life goes on. Guess some folks ain't realized that yet lol.

Who keeps on hiring SU Grads to work with their band lol.

Nail on the head. This dude is 5 miles beyond clueless thinking SU(aka Jsu's pappy) wants to be like Southern. Some of these folks type for the sake of it and have NO IDEA about anything.

1. Duplessis 2. Sanford. 3.Adams.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Apparently you didn't see those tarnished tubas from "thee merge." Like JR said, you really don't have a clue. Your reality check bounced and that's sad.

Quit hating man and grow up!

1db35381-e9aa-4fe7-bd7e-b8063e72c40e.jpg

Apparently you didn't see those tarnished tubas from "thee merge." Like JR said, you really don't have a clue. Your reality check bounced and that's sad.
Nah man they have all new instruments! Some of them are so new they are invisible!

Usually folks don't weigh sound.

You have to realize some folks have some weird science going on in their head. If he knew the difference between pounds (lbs.) and decibels (dB), he might be on to something. I still remember when Bose came out with these little bitty speakers that were louder and clearer than most stage speakers. I soon realized they were able to concentrate the right sound pitch and decibel level in several little speakers, such as the cube speakers shown below.

41hkz4lvYyL.jpg

Last edited:
You have to realize some folks have some weird science going on in their head. If he knew difference between pounds (lbs.) and decibels (dB), he might be on to something. I still remember when Bose came out with these little bitty speakers that was louder and clearer than most stage speakers. I soon realized they were able to concentrate the right sound pitch and decibel level in several little speakers, such as the cube speakers shown below.

41hkz4lvYyL.jpg
Man I used to have those speakers and they put out some major watts!!

You have to realize some folks have some weird science going on in their head. If he knew difference between pounds (lbs.) and decibels (dB), he might be on to something. I still remember when Bose came out with these little bitty speakers that was louder and clearer than most stage speakers. I soon realized they were able to concentrate the right sound pitch and decibel level in several little speakers, such as the cube speakers shown below.

41hkz4lvYyL.jpg

MAN...these bad boys are nICE! Got them at the crib. Had them for a while!

Nail on the head. This dude is 5 miles beyond clueless thinking SU(aka Jsu's pappy) wants to be like Southern. Some of these folks type for the sake of it and have NO IDEA about anything.

1. Duplessis 2. Sanford. 3.Adams.

1. Duplessis 2. Adams 3. Sanford (chronological order). JSU has done it's part in lowering the unemployment rate the past 45 years!
mod.gif

1. Duplessis 2. Adams 3. Sanford (chronological order). JSU has done it's part in lowering the unemployment rate the past 45 years!
mod.gif
Exactly BG...lol!!!! I guess SU folks cant READ!!!! I just gave them some history a couple post back, SU people really are crazy IF they think Adams, Duplessis or Sanford have made ANY major changes to the program...They NEVER did!!!! Soooo... im trying to figure out...how in the hell SU grads made the Boom look like & sound like SU.....or made them better, when all I still see is Harold Haughton influence heavily in the drills & as far as the sound...the Boom play louder & have more power tunes...but they Do NOT SOUND like the JUKEBOX! Hell the Boom did NOT even SOUND like SU...when Adams was there! wtf. Any MAJOR changes that happened....the JSU Band director or the kids in the Boom did it! So...WTF!

Last edited:
Back