JSU football team loses 2 key components

1%
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

1n100
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Boy oh Boy

I tell you. Someone could say that its hot in Jackson today and the vultures start flying over this board.

More power to Flen. He is too good a QB to sit on the bench for 3 years. I commend him for the move. The kid is not content just to sit there for mop up duty for years like some QBs I know.

Duece

That was real smart of you to post stats of a backup freshman QB. Lets see if you post his stats this year after Tuskegee bounces yall ass again. That would be "D2" Skegee.

The kid went to the best BCF school in bama.....I wish him the best.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Deuce

Unless you are coming to see COLEBLOODED FOOTBALL, I wouldn't make my reservations just yet.

Oh, I didn't know that someone was gonna hook up their Playstation 2 to the jumbo-tron in Birmingham so that Bama state can be apart of the festivities as well..... How considerate!

Duece,

In 2000, Flen was redshirted, so of course he didn't play. He was also held out of meetings during the season, so he did not get a chance to learn the offense. During 2001, he was just learning the offense and due to lack of PT did not progress as fast as coaches had hoped. This spring he was just beginning to show the talent that everyone knew he possesed. Now I don't know how complex Skegee's system is or how good his competition is, but I know the young man is talented and will compete for the job and give Skegee three good years. Now I know he's not all world like those transfer QB's you guys get, who end up at receiver, but I think he'll hold his own against you guys in Nov., if he has the job.

BTW, how's Mr. Crenshaw coming along?

Originally posted by Get Ready

Lets see if you post his stats this year after Tuskegee bounces yall ass again.

Get Ready,

Let's see what stats YOU post when Bama State bends Jsue's azz over again in Mobile.

Originally posted by Bengal E

. . . . Now I know he's not all world like those transfer QB's you guys get, who end up at receiver, but I think he'll hold his own against you guys in Nov. . . .

LMAO ! ! ! ! !

I guess if you can't beat Bama State, you have to resort to riding the ballz of those who have.

Oh by the way, how is that QB you guys had, who was supposed to be better than Michael Vick, and ended up playing receiver?

I don't thiink you have to sit out a year if you transfer to another 1-AA school. I think that only applies to 1-A. Mayber Flen did not want to get his arse kicked by JSU.

I said he was smart.

ALso, the comments about Goss's grades are not why he is leaving the team. He is doing very well in school and at last report is on schedule to graduate.

Get Ready,

I hope you are serious about Mario Young getting an opportunity to play. He wasted so much time at Gentry playing quarterback (Kent was a linebacker/strong safety) that he could have been a top prospect as receiver out of high school. The boy probably runs a sub 4.40 time and has pretty good hands.

Marios moves up to the 4 spot with Goss' exit. He is very fast and has very good hands. Last year he got hurt in preseason scrimmages. That hurt his chances to crack the starting lineup. Im looking for big things out of him this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved up to the three spot before the season is over. I think once he hits the field, he will distinguish himself.

I wish Kent, Young, and some of the other HBCU players from Gentry would talk Milas Randle out of wasting away at Mississippi State and join the SWAC somewhere.

Why that kid didnt follow Kent to JSU is beyond me. He would be all SWAC right now, waiting to sign an NFL contract next year. Right now he is on special teams at MSU if that. What a waste.

Not only on special teams, but platooning time at strong safety. The boy could have been the next big thing in the SWAC. I wish him well, but the decision not to go SWAC is going to come back to haunt him in the future.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Randle wanted to transfer to JSU a while back, but Jackie Sherril wouldn't release him.
(Straight from the mouth of a MS State player)

Back