Jackson State responds to rumors surrounding departure of Deion Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
says alot about your character my friend. it's not enough to brag about stealing yourself, but you take pride in the fact that you weren't alone in the thieving.

as an HBCU alum more than anyone you know how much our programs rely on that money, even if it's just a few dollars. so you're just like the crakkka who steals from and takes advantage of Black people and then turn around and talk about how Black people can't ever get it together.

Umm, I didn’t steal anything. I was actually let in each time. Simply asking how myself and others got in free would have served you better than attempting to paint a picture that simply ain’t there. I have no problem supporting others as I ALWAYS do financially. You can fact check me on this with any of my friends from other SWAC schools. I was simply pointing out the flaws they have in their own ticket system/gate process.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If the problem is accounting practices, then where is the money? If 60,000 paid, then there should be 60,000 tickets worth of money to deposit. Right?

Like I said, sweep it under the rug and move on.

Getting triggered and being defensive doesn't change the truth.
Ticket CategoriesAdvanced TicketsGameday
General Admission Youth Age 0-5FreeFree
General Admission Youth Age 6-18$16$16
General Admission Age 18+$30$35
Reserved Seats$45$50
Reserved Box Seats$60$65
Parking$25$35

Everybody doesn't pay, you know many of the 6 - 8 year olds will be 5 on game day.

Last edited:
I didn't know the Eddie Robinson Jr. , Bama st. coach was the son of the late great Eddie Robinson of Grambling. Stephen A Smith just reported this. Man do your research.

I can only imagine the negativity he’s spewing behind closed doors. But to be honest, I’m sure the negativity happens with all our coaches towards our university’s. Especially if they hadn’t experienced an HBCU.
Agreed, while the iron hot. TSU needs to be asking what happened to our portion of the payout from the ncaa men's bball tournament appearances.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I didn't know the Eddie Robinson Jr. , Bama st. coach was the son of the late great Eddie Robinson of Grambling. Stephen A Smith just reported this. Man do your research.
I heard Stephen A. Smith say that too. So, is he is, or is he ain't? I didn't think the two were even related.

I know, my point is all these main stream media is acting like they know whats going on behind the scenes and don't have a clue. J State take care of your business. Get to work Mr. AD. You don't have to hit a grand slam. Just hit a 2 run homer. J state and the SWAC will be fine.

I know, my point is all these main stream media is acting like they know whats going on behind the scenes and don't have a clue. J State take care of your business. Get to work Mr. AD. You don't have to hit a grand slam. Just hit a 2 run homer. J state and the SWAC will be fine.

There are so many HBCU "experts" that have come out in this situation when two years ago at this time, they were no where to be found

When will Deion Sanders publicly thank Jackson St. and the SWAC for giving him his first College head coaching job?

Thank Jackson State?

No, he needs to thank ‘Dega. He needed a degree for the JSU gig, but more than likely didn’t want to go finish at FSU cuz it would take time. His opportunity came through an HBCU and their fast-track program.
One HBCU to get to another HBCU, now at a pwi.
Life’s good. 😕😐😑

Exactly. Steven A was debating Bomani Jones during a segment on an ESPN show and made that statement about Eddie Robinson Jr. But the producer caught the mistake before the interview ended and had the host make the correction. Steven apologized, saying he made an assumption that was wrong.

Last edited:
Thank Jackson State?

No, he needs to thank ‘Dega. He needed a degree for the JSU gig, but more than likely didn’t want to go finish at FSU cuz it would take time. His opportunity came through an HBCU and their fast-track program.
One HBCU to get to another HBCU, now at a pwi.
Life’s good. 😕😐😑
I'm glad you posted this. I had to inform some folks last week of the same. None of what has transpired would have taken place without HBCUs paving the way with opportunity for him.

Y'all know at least half of the stadium wasn't paying to get in. Or at least they weren't paying the university. It has been that way for decades. It's a shame that it took Deion Sanders to point out what has been happening for years - stealing.

Should have just swept it under the rug and moved on.

You're not very bright.

“How can we have 60,000 people in the stadium and you told me we sold out? I check the receipts and we only sold 28,000 tickets? Y’all better find out who’s stealing because that affects my pocket,” he said.

No individual was accused of stealing. Nor was the university accused of stealing. However, if there is a difference between the number of tickets sold and the number of people let into the stadium, then something is happening. Some people have seen what has been happening with their own eyes.

"It's a shame that it took Deion Sanders to point out what has been happening for years - stealing."

"No individual was accused of stealing. Nor was the university accused of stealing."

Interesting concept. I guess the school can fire "no individual" for stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back