Jackson State at UL Monroe Game Thread - 8:00pm

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
We weren't terrible, but we definitely got some work to do with the D line, QB play, and better hands on O and D.

Last edited:
JSU played a solid 3 quarters of football vs ULM. I wish they wouldn’t have gotten so conservative in the second half. I hate when FCS programs look up and find themselves in a close game with FBS teams and start trying to play not to get blown out.

Anyway, JSU looks to be tough this year.

JSU played a solid 3 quarters of football vs ULM. I wish they wouldn’t have gotten so conservative in the second half. I hate when FCS programs look up and find themselves in a close game with FBS teams and start trying to play not to get blown out.

Anyway, JSU looks to be tough this year.
Agreed

For 3 quarters, Vegas knew what they were talking about

As someone said, I wish we play to win against FBS schools instead of playing not to lose

Going off last year and this game, almost every East team is gonna be tough defensively. The difference will be QB play

Dude ulm would of dropped 50 on y'all sorry arse 😆. That run defense y'all got isn't stopping anybody. Nothing about that team was slow and small..We Have SIZE.
As stated you have 2 fbs Ls headed your way. Try to get out of September without 3 Ls..
0-1 is what you are and getting ready for loss #2.

After watching both J-State and FAMU play it's safe to say the SWAC East will be "battle" to the end. Good luck to both.......

Reactions: J C
Dude ulm would of dropped 50 on y'all sorry arse 😆. That run defense y'all got isn't stopping anybody. Nothing about that team was slow and small..We Have SIZE.
As stated you have 2 fbs Ls headed your way. Try to get out of September without 3 Ls..
I was at the game…ULM ain’t dropping 50 on FAMU

Aside from that, JSU’s playcalling on offense was pretty watered down…maybe by design. At the end of the day, beating/losing to ULM means nothing.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
I was at the game…ULM ain’t dropping 50 on FAMU

Aside from that, JSU’s playcalling on offense was pretty watered down…maybe by design. At the end of the day, beating/losing to ULM means nothing.
You being at the game doesn't fix Famu's run defense lol. They would of had a field day on y'all..by 50.

And yes be@ting a fbs team would mean a lot for the JSU program in general.

I think the East is wide open…I believe Bama State, BCU, and AAMU can make a push (or ruin someone’s season)
We will see this weekend and also things can change as season goes on. We will see how teams gel and what not. Yall have a lot of new pieces so will be interesting to see FAMU in a few weeks.

We still gone beat yall azz though. lol.

You being at the game doesn't fix Famu's run defense lol. They would of had a field day on y'all..by 50.

And yes be@ting a fbs team would mean a lot for the JSU program in general.
No they wouldn’t. I know you JSU folk think everything is smack, but no, losing to ULM means nothing. Meaning T.C. doesn’t have to show his hand right now…

Also, ULM is not a good FBS team. I said that before the game happened on this forum. JSU could’ve beat them…but TC was really conservative for whatever reason.

Last edited:
We will see this weekend and also things can change as season goes on. We will see how teams gel and what not. Yall have a lot of new pieces so will be interesting to see FAMU in a few weeks.

We still gone beat yall azz though. lol.
If FAMU handles SCSU, I’ll be confident. The Rattlers bottles NSU up after the Spartans’ first two drives.

I will never say that FAMU will lose to JSU…but home field advantage could make the difference. JSU fans remind me so much of FAMU fans when it comes to energy and support.

Rattlers by 80 tho

No they wouldn’t. I know you JSU folk think everything is smack, but no, losing to ULM means nothing. Meaning T.C. doesn’t have to show his hand right now…

Also, ULM is not a good FBS team. I said that before the game happened on this forum
Ulm in the same conference as Troy. Their recent series record is like 9-7 in football. You'll soon get to show how you fare against a not so good fbs squad.

What we do know is that you didn't look good against a 3-8 nsu team most of you claimed would be a blowout.

If FAMU handles SCSU, I’ll be confident. The Rattlers bottles NSU up after the Spartans’ first two drives.

I will never say that FAMU will lose to JSU…but home field advantage could make the difference. JSU fans remind me so much of FAMU fans when it comes to energy and support.

Rattlers by 80 tho
Putting 7/8 men in the box doesn't fix a bad run defense. You were just fortunate nsu starting qb wasn't available. Any team with a decent Qb will have a field day.

Putting 7/8 men in the box doesn't fix a bad run defense. You were just fortunate nsu starting qb wasn't available. Any team with a decent Qb will have a field day.
Whatever helps you sleeps FAMU outscored NSU 24-3 after the first two drives…and up until NSU’s final drive which was extended by a penalty if I’m not mistaking.

Ulm in the same conference as Troy. Their recent series record is like 9-7 in football. You'll soon get to show how you fare against a not so good fbs squad.

What we do know is that you didn't look good against a 3-8 nsu team most of you claimed would be a blowout.

ULM ain’t good…you can spin it any way you want. What ULM eats don’t make Troy sh*t. These G5 games are very winnable.

And before you get into your feelings, that ain’t slighting what JSU was able to do successfully against them. Facts are facts though

Whatever helps you sleeps FAMU outscored NSU 24-3 after the first two drives…and up until NSU’s final drive which was extended by a penalty if I’m not mistaking.
Actually that probably helps you sleep at night. It didn't affect me one way or the other 😆. Truth is you looked bad against a bad team. Got bullied on the ground and escaped with a 1 point win 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back