Is TSU-Prairie View the best hbcu rivalry across all swac sports?

Proximity to each other probably gives PV/Texas Southern a leg up on everyone else ...

Before y'all chastise me and call me names - is tsu and pv the best overall rivalry in swac sports based on interest across the board?

It's the highest attended football game for both schools at their stadiums normally

It's the highest attended basketball annually in the swac when it's in Houston and probably the best pure event hands down - at pv it's their best game but seating has limited who can see it

In baseball macgregor park is jam packed normally when both teams play...Same situation in softball and volleyball (game drew well on a Monday despite it being moved to a neutral site)

Both schools have high attended track meets

-----

I laid out the metrics to go by based on 30 years of being there and seeing how it works in Louisiana also so don't give me any flack and trying to argue using football numbers only and trying to say it's like that across the board cause we know it's not once football ends

I mentioned at least 6 sports
Lsu entire team was at SU game tonight even though their women’s played Tennessee at home 😂😂😂

Jackson State - Alcorn State is just 15-20 miles longer plus less schools in between

Alcorn/JSU is the most hated rivalry, has almost become sort of destructive between the two. I'm glad we moved to the West cause some type of separation was needed.
the JSU SU stuff is more business but I don't see any real hate there.
SU GSU is fierce too, I kinda feel like the Bamas is pretty thorough both of those have maintained good business and healthy practices for the most part.

I do enjoy the PV Texas Southern rivalry, would be more intense if they were traditional football powers

Alcorn/JSU is the most hated rivalry, has almost become sort of destructive between the two. I'm glad we moved to the West cause some type of separation was needed.
SU GSU is fierce too, I kinda feel like the Bamas is pretty thorough both of those have maintained good business and healthy practices for the most part.

I do enjoy the PV Texas Southern rivalry, would be more intense if they were traditional football powers
Oh it’s real hate. You must haven’t gone to our games . SU vs Gram is friendly , family type of deal. SU vs JSU , SU vs Famu is hate.

Dont nobody hate no lil Alcorn. Yall had 6 good years out of 40 and forgot who you were. That's the ONLY problem we had with yall.

he got that from the box score lol - just post pics

Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

He said All sports.... All sports is a stretch when you consider the word ALL... lol

I dont think the football rivalry is really ALL THAT for TxSo-PV.
I would probably have to go with the BAMAs on this one. JSU-Alcorn basketball used to be SUPER LIT! Not a seat in the house in a hot azz gym.
A&T vs NCCU could be another one but I would need the experts to chime in.
It wasn't an empty seat in the house at the Southern vs Jackson State game last night. 🙄

Last edited:
It wasn't an empty seat in the house at the Southern vs Jackson State game last night. 🙄

Everybody watch it tho! I bet they did something to our boys to make them miss all those first half shots. The showed up because it was JSU. They wont show up to watch yall.

Alcorn is just full of audacity. It's the audacity we hate. In our minds, we just wanna tell Alcorn to "Go sit over there lil boy!" 🤣 🤣 🤣

it's what you want to do, but you can't which drives the obsession. "How is this lil school in the woods JSU's guiding light, why do we need them so?"

Dont nobody hate no lil Alcorn. Yall had 6 good years out of 40 and forgot who you were. That's the ONLY problem we had with yall.

there's is only 1 school that has had a Heisman Ceremony Finalist and an Elite 11 QB on it's roster, only 1 school that an FBS Bowl sought after... didn't beg
there's only 1 school with 6 consecutive, there's only 1 school that finished the regular season undefeated and ranked no. 1 in the FCS.
We never forgot who we were... and you didn't either.

The Crown

325951130_557222389773096_7470088669827292852_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there's is only 1 school that has had a Heisman Ceremony Finalist and an Elite 11 QB on it's roster, only 1 school that an FBS Bowl sought after... didn't beg
there's only 1 school with 6 consecutive, there's only 1 school that finished the regular season undefeated and ranked no. 1 in the FCS.

The Crown

Doug Williams was a heisman finalist and finished 4th .

Last edited:
Last edited:
Doug Williams was a heisman finalist and finished 4th .

Key word Heisman Ceremony Finalists
Prior to 1982 only the winner was invited to New York

Screenshot_20230202-154148_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crown

That's all?

Back