Is There A Need For A ...

Blacknbengal said:
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you over this. If you consider Michigan or UConn scrubs then have at it, but name one D2 top notch team that went to the Final four or National Championship. And I'm not talking about the Black National Championships or Black Final Four tourney either.

Don't make statements about AAMU basketball that you can't defend and you won't have to argue about anything.

They have final fours and national championships in Division 2 also.

Oracle said:
Don't make statements about AAMU basketball that you can't defend and you won't have to argue about anything.

They have final fours and national championships in Division 2 also.

Smalltime.

The fact is that AAMU is ga'bage just like the rest of the SWAC this year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Blacknbengal said:
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you over this. If you consider Michigan or UConn scrubs then have at it, but name one D2 top notch team that went to the Final four or National Championship. And I'm not talking about the Black National Championships or Black Final Four tourney either.
Boy you ig'nant. We were playing the best of the best of DII teams while in DII which in turn equals above SWAC talent in basketball still to this day. We have eliminated championship teams from the NCAA tournament. Like I said we were playing against the best there was to offer.

Has JSU ever made it to the Elite Eight? :idea:

PsychoJag said:
Smalltime.

The fact is that AAMU is ga'bage just like the rest of the SWAC this year.
No, the fact is that yo ga'bage arse team got SWEPT.

ltl-kostya-sweeping-sml.jpg

Mr. SWAC said:
Boy you ig'nant. We were playing the best of the best of DII teams while in DII which in turn equals above SWAC talent in basketball still to this day. We have eliminated championship teams from the NCAA tournament. Like I said we were playing against the best there was to offer.

Dude you're just digging the whole deeper and deeper..... :smh:

Mr. SWAC said:
Like I said we were playing against the best there was to offer.

Dude, you sound like DaGSUman trying to defend why they schedule Concordia Parrish football team. The best to offer in D2. :lol: Man, you could have kept that comment to yourself. We're talking about play D1 ball. Have we ever made it to the Elite eight? :lol: Naw man, but we shole kicked UConn and Michigan butts. Now tell me one D1 YT "Big Tyme" school you all beat.

:lmao: These dudes are over here comparing copper pennies to gold coins. :lol:

:lol:

I just had to come back and laugh again before I left to go home. Dude, you all wasnt even good enough to get invited to the D1 or NIT tourney, so you all went to the NAIA tourney. :lol:

You Bama guys are too much for me. Peace out and keep dreamin your D2 dreams of beating the best that D2 had to offer.

:lmao:

Gold coins? More like plugged nikles. lol The SWAC was still losing to D2 teams back in '93 JUST LIKE Y'ALL SORRY ARSES ARE STILL DOING TODAY.

Since we are talking about D-1 ball, let's look at the SWAC records against D-1 teams this year:

2004-2005 Standings
....D-1 Overall........
School.....................W L
Alabama A&M ........14 11
Alabama St ...........12 14
Southern U ............11 12
Miss Valley St ........12 15
Grambling .............11 11
Jackson St .............13 15
Texas Southern ......9 15
Alcorn St ...............5 21
Ark-Pine Bluff .........5 20
Prairie View A&M ....4 22

The only team above .500 is AAMU when it comes to records against D-1 teams. Y'all leave us out of your garbage discussion.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
people said the same thing in 1993. SU beat Georgia Tech and Travis Best that year.

SU got the seeding because of JSU and Lindsey Hunter. That's why they were in the position to GT.

Oracle said:
Beans:

Our best team in the 80's would have beaten your 93' team, which you acknowledges as your best team. If you knew anything about the most profilic teams in black college basketball during that span, you would know that AAMU was at the top of the heap. Our 87-88 team went 29-3. The next year, 88-89, we were 26-6. Has JSU ever won more than 25 games a year? Did the 93' team do it? Once or twice we went 13-0 and undefeated in SIAC play. You even admit that you 93' team lost to SU. I believe we had a 25 or 26 home winning streak during that time.

Our best AAMU team would have run JSU's best team out of Elmore then, just like it does now. Don't attempt to play down the importance of winning the SWAC's regular season title just because our entry into the conference has made it unlikely that JSU will win the regular season title anytime soon.

The same goes for SU.
Its now way in lleh AAMU teams could have beaten any of the teams from SU from the 80's or the early 90's. Remember we took your coach Ben Jobe. Our teams featured players like Avery Johnson(NBA), Bobby Phills(NBA), Robert Youngblood(played overseas), Kevin Flourent(played overseas),Lenard White(NBA), Dewayane Battle(played overseas),Jevane Scales(NBA, and overseas),Jeff Faulkner(overseas),Terry Thames(overseas), plus some others who's names seems to have escaped me at this time. Our team from 1991 was ranked no. 21 during the season for a couple of weeks. That year we beat Georgia which was ranked no.5 at the time we played them. I think we finished like 26-4. We lost in the Swac championship that year to Texas Southern on some very,very questionable calls. We went to the Nit.

Mr. SWAC said:
The SWAC was still losing to D2 teams back in '93 JUST LIKE Y'ALL SORRY ARSES ARE STILL DOING TODAY.
Dude, name one D2 team that the SWAC played in '93. I'm not going to even mention "lost" to in this discussion. I'll be over on here ============> on this topic discussing something more meaningful while you continue to make a donkey's butt of yourself here.

Back