Is There A Need For A ...

Mr. SWAC said:
And trust me. AAMU is not even in the same building of where it was back in 93. I told you we were whipping up on everybody that year. EVERYBODY. We even whooped SCSU (the MEAC champion). I believe we played them in 93 also.

Dude you're talking about MEAC champs and we're talking about past National Champions.

...I get it now.

The SWAC Conference is poorly ran if JSU or SU aint winning. Whether it be the SCG or the Hoop Tourny, neither is necessary or worth a d@mn!

"Snake"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
EGGGGGGG-ZACKLY Snake.

Now, they wanna say that this year no team is really better than the other. All this excuse making and such. When their teams suck the whole conference has to suck too. See the myopia running wild on this board?

Mr. SWAC said:
Beans we would run your rag tag team outta any arena. And you definately wouldn't want your 93 team to face 93 AAMUs basketball squad. Even your coach would have got dunked on. lol We will show you what a GOOD bball squad is suppose to play like Saturday, just wait. The records speak for themselves. Y'ALL ARE SORRY. LEAVE US OUT OF IT.

Man please.

Leave you out of it.
Dude ..............YA'LL ARE JUST ABOVE .500 YOURSELF.

And don't even talk about 93 or any year before that. Nobody even knew AAMU even existed. :idea:
I know you love your team like everybody else, but could the BAMMA's open their eye's to what's being said just ONE DANG TIME. :smh:

Mr. SWAC said:
And trust me. AAMU is not even in the same building of where it was back in 93. I told you we were whipping up on everybody that year. EVERYBODY. We even whooped SCSU (the MEAC champion). I believe we played them in 93 also.

We beat Michigan, UTEP-(ended their home winning streak), and UCONN on their home floor in '93, as well as a few others all on the road. :saw:

Kinda makes whipping BIG BAD SCSU look .......well............smalltime.

JROCK said:
JSU had a nice squad in 93 with Lindsey Hunter and company. They gave several of the "big boys" a fit and outright kicked their butts. I doubt very seriously if AAMU could have handled S.U. or JSU that year. It was the same year S.U. stumped GA. Tech in the first round of the NCAA & JSU lit up UCONN in the first round of the NIT.

(trust........swac basketball ain't nearly what it was a few short years ago)
Rock, dont tell him anything. If he believes that his team was the best team in 93, then so be it. I do remember Southern being on T.V. in 93 for upsetting Ga Tech in the tourney and remember us against UConn that was on T.V. But I dont remember seeing or hearing anything about a 93 AAMU team being on T.V. Maybe I wasnt just paying attention. Did they even make the tourney?

Blacknbengal said:
But I dont remember seeing or hearing anything about a 93 AAMU team being on T.V. Maybe I wasnt just paying attention. Did they even make the tourney?

The division 2-aaaaa .............PROBABLY NOT. :sleeping:

PsiSnake said:
...I get it now.

The SWAC Conference is poorly ran if JSU or SU aint winning. Whether it be the SCG or the Hoop Tourny, neither is necessary or worth a d@mn!

"Snake"
Naw Snake, it's like this. If you all (Season Champs) get beat by Pine Bluff in the tourney or even Gram, then that proves that the teams just isnt what they use to be. Compared to the 93 teams, if you finished first during the season, then no other team would beat you in the tourney. Hell, I think the only lost we took was against Southern in 93 and they was the champs.

Mr. SWAC said:

Coppin St won the MEAC in 93.

Why the hell are y'all always going back to the past like it means something TODAY???? And especially since you all know AAMU wasn't in the SWAC then? All of the teams talking this and that on THIS THREAD have been (or are about to) be swept by the regular season SWAC champs.

Mr. SWAC said:
Why the hell are y'all always going back to the past like it means something TODAY???? And especially since you all know AAMU wasn't in the SWAC then? All of the teams talking this and that on THIS THREAD have been (or are about to) be swept by the regular season SWAC champs.

Don't get mad because you got yourself pinned into a corner bringing up AAMU of '93.

The bottom line TODAY is ...................You are here crowing about how good you are and YOU ARE JUST ABOVE .500 YOURSELF.

Mr. SWAC, since it's obvious that you can't remember your own history from '93 answer this. Have you all ever been to the tourney or even the NIT?

Ok this thread has digressed to smack and futile gibs at each other's respected instititions. I have not done this in 2 years.....so here it is
<center>Come on fellows get yall shat together!</center>
<center>
ywahes.jpg
</center>

<center>
alisaraye_nn008__2_.jpg
</center>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Excuse me. You are right SCSU won the MEAC in '89 and '96. I know we played them one of the two years.

Blacknbengal said:
Naw Snake, it's like this. If you all (Season Champs) get beat by Pine Bluff in the tourney or even Gram, then that proves that the teams just isnt what they use to be. Compared to the 93 teams, if you finished first during the season, then no other team would beat you in the tourney. Hell, I think the only lost we took was against Southern in 93 and they was the champs.

Beans:

Our best team in the 80's would have beaten your 93' team, which you acknowledges as your best team. If you knew anything about the most profilic teams in black college basketball during that span, you would know that AAMU was at the top of the heap. Our 87-88 team went 29-3. The next year, 88-89, we were 26-6. Has JSU ever won more than 25 games a year? Did the 93' team do it? Once or twice we went 13-0 and undefeated in SIAC play. You even admit that you 93' team lost to SU. I believe we had a 25 or 26 home winning streak during that time.

Our best AAMU team would have run JSU's best team out of Elmore then, just like it does now. Don't attempt to play down the importance of winning the SWAC's regular season title just because our entry into the conference has made it unlikely that JSU will win the regular season title anytime soon.

The same goes for SU.

Blacknbengal said:
Mr. SWAC, since it's obvious that you can't remember your own history from '93 answer this. Have you all ever been to the tourney or even the NIT?
Beans, we have MANY years of great bball squad at AAMU. Not just one year that stands out like for JSU. After making as many runs as we did in bball at some point it is just expected that you win/won the conference through a time period. And you don't even want to compare post-season accomplishments because there is no comparison.

Oracle said:
Beans:

Our best team in the 80's would have beaten your 93' team, which you acknowledges as your best team. If you knew anything about the most profilic teams in black college basketball during that span, you would know that AAMU was at the top of the heap. Our 87-88 team went 29-3. The next year, 88-89, we were 26-6. Has JSU ever won more than 25 games a year? Did the 93' team do it? Once or twice we went 13-0 and undefeated in SIAC play. You even admit that you 93' team lost to SU. I believe we had a 25 or 26 home winning streak during that time.

Our best AAMU team would have run JSU's best team out of Elmore then, just like it does now. Don't attempt to play down the importance of winning the SWAC's regular season title just because our entry into the conference has made it unlikely that JSU will win the regular season title anytime soon.

The same goes for SU.
Dude, I never said that this was our best team. I simply said that our 93 teams (SU and JSU) was not anything to play with. Dude, your 87-88 team played D2 teams. We played the Big Boys on their home court and ran them into the ground. Please come better than that.

Now proceeding to scroll up to the above pics and drool over Lisa Raye some more.

Blacknbengal said:
Dude, I never said that this was our best team. I simply said that our 93 teams (SU and JSU) was not anything to play with. Dude, your 87-88 team played D2 teams. We played the Big Boys on their home court and ran them into the ground. Please come better than that.

Now proceeding to scroll up to the above pics and drool over Lisa Raye some more.

It doesn't matter whether 93' was your best team or not. Our best team would have run your best team of any year out of Elmore or any neutral arena.

Yeah, we played D2 team, but the D2 teams we beat were going to Elite Eights, Final Fours and National Championship games. Did you beat any "Big Boys" that won any type of regional or national championships? We beat top notch teams in D2; did JSU beat any top notch teams or just a couple of D1 teams that were having scrub years?

Oracle said:
It doesn't matter whether 93' was your best team or not. Our best team would have run your best team of any year out of Elmore or any neutral arena.

Yeah, we played D2 team, but the D2 teams we beat were going to Elite Eights, Final Fours and National Championship games. Did you beat any "Big Boys" that won any type of regional or national championships? We beat top notch teams in D2; did JSU beat any top notch teams or just a couple of D1 teams that were having scrub years?
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you over this. If you consider Michigan or UConn scrubs then have at it, but name one D2 top notch team that went to the Final four or National Championship. And I'm not talking about the Black National Championships or Black Final Four tourney either.

:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:

Back