I'm calling out Rambling and it's punk arse Coach Melvin Spears!!!!

All I can do is SMH at Spears' comments. He is one sad brother for even attempting this foolishness

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:shame:
Is Spears scared that he won't have the man power at the end of the regular season to play? He biatching like the world is going to end after the Bayou Classic game. Whatever happens will happen and we all will take it. If we don't play Grambling oh well.

I said it before and I will say it again, Change the got dayum date of the SCG. The comissioners office won't consider the change because they are trying to appease ESPN. Nobody should have to play ten straight weeks and there is nothing coming from playing that game on TV for either participant. It might just help attendance by not showing it. :smug:

CATMENDUE2 said:
I said it before and I will say it again, Change the got dayum date of the SCG. The comissioners office won't consider the change because they are trying to appease ESPN. Nobody should have to play ten straight weeks and there is nothing coming from playing that game on TV for either participant. It might just help attendance by not showing it. :smug:
No. You guys just need to play after the Bayou Classic.

G-Man75 said:
We aren't going to play a game the week before the SWAC Championship game and risk injuries....
Ala.St. did it last year.......and won BOTH GAMES. They had a tough road to the SCG, and they ended up champions. Playing a week before the SCG is not the end of the world.

MightyDog said:
They probably need two weeks to develop a game plan. :swink:

MIGHTYFROG, yOU JUST WAIT TIL SATURDAY FOR YOUR AZZKICKING.

Alcorn should have just canceled the game when they first saw it was impossbile to have the game. I would not push for a forfeit but i understand spears. Both are wrong as SOG said but i think Alcorn is making terrible excuses instead of saying they really wanted the money at home and the home field advantage.

VOWELS SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

TEST TUBE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could have squashed all this at once and ordered alcorn to play in grambling or cancel the game by a certain time if things were not right. He let alcorn puzzyfoot around until it was no way for a lorman game and then alcorn says no !!!!!!!!!!

ASU2002 said:
Is Spears scared that he won't have the man power at the end of the regular season to play? He biatching like the world is going to end after the Bayou Classic game.

Typically, except for a couple of flukes in the past 11 years or so, Grambling's world does end after the Bayou Classic after Southern taps that arse. After the Jags get through with them, Grambling will be in no shape to play a game against Prairie View or TSU, let alone Alcorn. :ebrow: :ebrow:

ToPdOg said:
Typically, except for a couple of flukes in the past 11 years or so, Grambling's world does end after the Bayou Classic after Southern taps that arse. After the Jags get through with them, Grambling will be in no shape to play a game against Prairie View or TSU, let alone Alcorn. :ebrow: :ebrow:

OH REALLY

ToPdOg said:

If you are telling the truth, it's not smack. :lol:

"Call out" whomever you'd like; the excuses and the inconsistencies came from Alcorn, not from GSU.

1.)Players voted to not have the game on Tuesday. That should have ended it, but...
2.)Administration (including coaches) at Alcorn announced the game would be played on Sunday; they made this announcement Thursday.
3.)GSU offered to pay for the expenses of moving the game to GSU, plus giving Alcorn all the game receipts
4.)The SWAC office offered to offset expenses for Alcorn to travel to GSU to play the game.
5.)Alcorn cancels the game less than 72 hours before kickoff.

If these assertions are true (and I believe them to be so), then you may continue to "call out" until you are exhausted, but it won't change the fact that whatever fault/blame lies for the confusion, it lies at Alcorn's doorstep.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GRAMBLING ? Grambling State officials will ask every fan who enters its Saturday home opener to donate $10 in an effort to raise thousands for hurricane relief.

"When you get down to it, we can look at it in a very positive nature," said GSU coach Melvin Spears. "If everybody pledges across America, it would be amazing how much revenue we could raise. Rather than thinking about whether we should play, we should focus on raising revenue for the peple who are suffering."

Grambling takes on Alabama A&M at 6:30 p.m. at Robinson Stadium.

http://www.thenewsstar.com

:slap:

Oh my!!!!! :what:

Go 2 Guy: Grambling coach's call for forfeit truly classless

By JIM MOORE
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER COLUMNIST

The Go 2 Guy always wants the Cougars to win, but on Saturday at Qwest Field, I hope they crush their opponent.

I have nothing against Grambling State, just something against its coach, Melvin Spears, whom I'm hoping resembles a stomped-out cigarette butt once the Cougs get through with his team.

<font color=red>I'd settle for 75-3 but would prefer 96-0. :eek: :eek: :eek: :what: :what: :what: </font>

<a href="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/240729_moore15.html">Click Here For Rest of Story...</a>

*rambling, if'n they had their way w/ y'all. They'd surely bust the clock on ya'! I'm sure word has gotten around on the W Coast about Spears' cuttin' up and all. :shame:

Pac 10 Team - 96
SWAC Team - 0

Back