How can you be National Champ and you werent even conference champ? BCS BS.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Media Guy,

This topic has nothing to do with DII Football but even if it did, I don't think that anyone on these boards feel that Morehouse should go to the PB. TU has the tougher schedule and regardless of what Fort Valley did, if that scenerio was NOT in the guidelines, then it was still a 3-way tie and TU wins.

Tigerpride,

You just made my point. The BCS guidelines were in place before the season started. There just happened to be a way that Nebraska could play for a National Title. The DII football controversy is just another example of a set of guidelines/procedures that needs to be looked at. I don't care about TU's schedule or what Fort Valley did. The BCS and SIAC should make some tweaks before the 2002 season.

BCS- Non-conference champions should not play for the National Championship.

SIAC- If one team involved in a three way tie accepts an invitation to the NCAA playoffs(Ex. Fort Valley), then the two way tiebreak system(Ex. Morehouse and Tuskegee) should be used to determine conference repesentative in the Pioneer Bowl.

The first problem is 34 bowls = 68 teams. Your scenario give ~ 32. Your are depriving a lot of teams and thier fans the opportunity Second a lot of the bowl atmophere is built on activites surrounding the games. You can't do that week after week. For the cities hosting the bowl games, a lot is based on travel by the masses of fans of that team. You can't expect the average fan to be able to afford to travel all over the country 5 weeks in a row and participate in all those activites, esp. during the holiday season ( the time of year makes a difference. For most of the major bowls, you spend christmas at home and travel a few days before new years. Lot's of people are off of work then, School is out, and you can make 1 holiday/vacation/bowl game trip. All cause 2 schools are whining cause they got they arse kicked so they ain't playing in the championship game (but are gonna make over 10 million anyway, damn punish me like that)

Back