HBCU Sports Live: The pettiness of Jackson State Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
He did and that's commendable despite what JSU has done to them.

I said this before and I said it again but this might come back and bite them in the long run not only with HBCU Media but others as well.

I think it exemplified character on his part to step up and explain his rationale in spite of the beating he has been taking. I believe his heart was in the right place and at some point, the inmates at all costs can't run the asylum.....LOL (this pandemic is real) I believe that HBCU Sports is not a PR machine for any institution and sometimes the truth hurts. However, in the final analysis, if one can take constructive critiques objectively, it can make future endeavors more refined and save quite a bit of embarrassment in the process on a larger scale.

Just my personal opinion......Wins and losses will ultimately (and quickly) decide how long the "Prime Time PR Train" stays on the tracks. If there are not enough wins coming out the gate.....the "positive" media coverage will surely cease.....

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
This is why Kenn is an emotional mess right now. lol no one really gives a damn about what he thinks. Y’all care more about James Bell & Comegy.

meanwhile he posting JACKSON STATE for views and putting please give me some money up under it. LMAO!!! Kenn you ain’t slick.
View attachment 11333
We’re also posting on this forum giving Kenn ad revenue from the page views and engagement.

Ken and Kendrick - great respect for the transparency and openness. The only reason you did this pod is because you care about HBCU's, for that I am supportive. We must move past attacks on each other while outsiders laugh. Black media should be supported and held to a professional standard. Again thanks for this offering.

They say ad revenue but folks clicking all up there on Facebook and no one receiving a dime. Folks who been posting on this board for decades just vanished due to whatever but you see them on Facebook doing the same things or even worse in those other groups that I can’t even stomach to read. Just babysitting Zukerberg’s platform and you cant even contact them or nothing. Ain’t no one getting an single dime

Kenn writes an article and expresses his thoughts and folks want to make it petty and hate. They could’ve turned all those comments to this board last night and made a few dollars

We are the the ultimate consumers

I just watched the whole video. I was entertained.

My thoughts:
1. HBCU Sports is small but mighty. This platform and HBCU Gameday are the main two platforms avid HBCU supporters go to for all things SWAC and HBCU athletics. This platform is actually better than the official SWAC one so what you all post matters.
2. Deion Sanders will never be FBS material. His personality is too big and colorful (no pun intended) for them white folks to deal with so I don't know why he thought he would get in with them. I don't fault Deion for seeking a FBS job first, he's a capitalist and most familiar with that world so why wouldn't he.
3. I wouldn't say JSU is being petty, I'll say they are protecting their brand. Deion is JSU's sacred cow so any perceived attacks on him is an attack on them ... he's a big investment and has the potential to take JSU places they only dreamed of before his arrival.
4. Deion clearly forgot or didn't know about the Celebration Bowl. I don't think he was trying to be condescending ... I'm sure he's happy to know it exist. Like you said the CB beats several FBS bowls on all fronts (attendance, TV viewership, venue, and money). Also it's possible he wants a bowl game with JSU vs a FBS opponent ???
5. Keep up the good work @Kenn Rashad and @Kendrick . Ya'll did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back