HBCU Basketball Thread: Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIF by NBA

Zy Mortle from TxSU is impressive. TxSU I know you have 3 people out but man y’all only had 9 players dress out. Also, Y’all didn’t play Shaqir what’s up with that?

Brown is playing where I thought he would (top 5 in the SWAC) but we let that game slip away leading it most of the game. It's usually that one cold spurt that always costs us and unfortunately it was at the last 5 minutes of the game

For the 2nd straight game, a player went off (Hicks) and then we decided to shadow him. Well at least we finally get two games at home hosting the Texas teams

Brown is playing where I thought he would (top 5 in the SWAC) but we let that game slip away leading it most of the game. It's usually that one cold spurt that always costs us and unfortunately it was at the last 5 minutes of the game

For the 2nd straight game, a player went off (Hicks) and then we decided to shadow him. Well at least we finally get two games at home hosting the Texas teams
Hicks goes off every night. The best shooter in the SWAC.

Zy Mortle from TxSU is impressive. TxSU I know you have 3 people out but man y’all only had 9 players dress out. Also, Y’all didn’t play Shaqir what’s up with that?

2 different double digit scoring starters both nights and a big off the bench - just to compete with 3 redshirt freshmen and a true freshman and sophomore as the rotation is a compliment when the rest have guys who been playing before Covid 😂

Saturday, January 7

SWAC Women’s Basketball

Live Stats/Watch Links

Texas Southern at Arkansas-Pine Bluff- 12:30 pm (HBCU GO)

Alabama A&M at Alcorn State- 2:00 pm (Braves Sports Network)

Alabama State at Jackson State- 3:00 pm (JSU Sports Network)

Florida A&M at Southern- 3:00 pm (SU Sports Network)

Bethune-Cookman at Grambling State- 3:30 pm (GSU Sports Network)

Prairie View A&M at Mississippi Valley State- 4:00 pm (MVSU Sports Network)

SWAC Men’s Basketball

Live Stats/Watch Links

Texas Southern at Arkansas-Pine Bluff- 3:00 pm (HBCU GO)

Alabama A&M at Alcorn State- 4:00 pm (Braves Sports Network)

Alabama State at Jackson State- 5:00 pm (JSU Sports Network)

Florida A&M at Southern- 5:30 pm (SU Sports Network)

Bethune-Cookman at Grambling State- 5:30 pm (GSU Sports Network)

Prairie View A&M at Mississippi Valley State- 6:00 pm (MVSU Sports Network)

Damn… I expected that game to be closer. That close Alcorn game may have been what JSU needed to continue to dominate the SWAC.

Women Final

Saturday, January 7, 2023 Women Final​

Final
Robert W. Harrison HPER Complex
Itta Bena, MS

Final

H. O. Clemmons Arena
Pine Bluff, AR

Davey L. Whitney Complex
Lorman, MS

Final
F. G. Clark Activity Center