HBCU Baseball/Softball Scores Thread 2

It doesn’t matter, if SU wanted to move the games on a clear sunny day. PV and the conference approved and that weekend jump started PV’s winning. Let’s just finish the season, recruit some pitching, and have winning seasons so the conference can put multiple teams in the playoffs!!!

I called this when it happened. They even changed it from a 3 day series to a 2 day series with a double header. It was no rain that initial weekend that hit Baton Rouge. We got duped on this whole thing and it's our own fault for falling for it.
It rained in BR leading up to the weekend and it was projected to rain that weekend. After Friday morning I don’t think it rained, but anyone knows after a extended amount of rain, SU field is a lake. It’s a canal behind SU’s field.

Not baseball 😂😂. From the time I played baseball at TSU to now we’ve won 5 SWAC championships and SU won 4.
The 2008 TXSU team (IMO) was aided by PV beating SU on their field. Candy went out with a ship!!!!

The 2004 is the most overachieved team in history!! Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think the 2004 won a non conference game until the upset of Rice!

The 2004 is the most overachieved team in history!! Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think the 2004 won a non conference game until the upset of Rice!
I can’t speak for the 2008 team but our 2004 team had some dawgs and we were super confident even though we lost our first 15 games or so. I believe we hadn’t beat SU in over 40 games and then in the SWAC tournament we were down 8-1 in the 7th inning and won the game. We got hot at the right time.

I will say we definitely overachieved and I believe it’s still considered the biggest upset in NCAA baseball history by beating the defending champion Rice on their home field. 3 of the top 9 draft picks of that year were from the Rice starting rotation.

LOL at the conspiracy theories on the SU/PVU switch. It was all about the weather BOTH weekends... nothing more, nothing less.

Back