HBCU Baseball 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The plate umpire who made an egregious third strike call to end a game between New Orleans and Mississippi Valley State on Friday night has been suspended indefinitely, the Southland Conference announced.

"Oh, my gosh! Wow! He got rung up on ball two!" UNO radio play-by-play announcer Emmanuel Pepis exclaimed during the broadcast. "That is horrific! ... Drummer just wanted to go home."

The plate umpire who made an egregious third strike call to end a game between New Orleans and Mississippi Valley State on Friday night has been suspended indefinitely, the Southland Conference announced.

"Oh, my gosh! Wow! He got rung up on ball two!" UNO radio play-by-play announcer Emmanuel Pepis exclaimed during the broadcast. "That is horrific! ... Drummer just wanted to go home."
Good

Boy Valley done went viral twice in a month in two different sports...

At least the first video going viral for a bad reason ended up being a positive with Caleb and Andre ended up becoming viral sensations themselves (I was actually in that video for 4-5 seconds lol)

The Grambling video is why I am consistently putting stuff on TikTok involving Valley. Because you never just know

So that ump went to SU, but you all cut him and the ramifications of that decision are being felt to this very day. You all scarred that man's psyche and he has been wounded ever since. I know, if he was a horse you all would have rode him out of his misery.
he never made the team from what I hear. But that’s personal, SU had nothing to do with this. AAMU coach a Jag also . So is Alcorn’s coach.

Sloan's Two Eighth Inning RBI Sends Hornets Past Gamecocks​

MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Jayden Sloan's two-run single in the eighth inning helped Alabama State University claim a 4-2 win over Jacksonville State University on Tuesday at the Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex.

THE MATCHUP
FINAL: Alabama State 4 | Jacksonville State 2
Location: Montgomery, Ala. | Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex
Records: Alabama State 12-10 | Jacksonville State 10-11
Get Social: Twitter: @BamaStateBB | @BamaStateSports | Facebook: @BamaStateSports

HOW IT HAPPENED

• Jack Hay doubled and scored on a Cristian Lopez single to give the Hornets a 1-0 lead in the second inning.
  • Caleb Johnson doubled and scored on a Michael Dallas base-knock tied the game 1-1 in the top of the third.
  • Randy Flores walked and came home on a wild pitch to pu the Hornets ahead 2-1 in the seventh.
  • Jayvon Hernandez singled and scored on a Brennan North single to tie the game 2-2 in the eighth.
  • Jack Hay and Tyler McIntosh walked and scored on a Jayden Sloan single to left for a 4-2 Hornets' lead in the bottom of the eighth.
  • Luis Rodriguez sat the Gamecocks down in order in the ninth to seal the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back