Grambling vs Bethune-Cookman Updates:

Yes,.... we got penalized for unsportsman like conduct. According to the rules,....we were suppose to get a warning. We DID NOT!!!!

PsychoJag said:
Good job!!! Way to represent the SWAC :tup:

Cosign!! Big ups Gram!! I hear the series is 7-0 between the two!! I wonder what excuse does hass... :shh: :shh:

Jax1906 said:
Cosign!! Big ups Gram!! I hear the series is 7-0 between the two!! I wonder what excuse does hass... :shh: :shh:
Exactly, the all time series lead is Icon Gram 11 to BCC 1. Gram dominates both FAM and BCC all time.

What up Has?

no excuses

we lost

we didnt finish off a team that we are supposed to beat and that is how football can be

heck, the same thing happened the LAST time we played in Cincy - we had an inferior Howard team virtually beat and let them come back and nip us at the end

young team, lots of adversity lately (hurricanes, living in an unairconditioned gym eating sandwiches for the better part of the past month, losing a teammate within the week)

hey, all of the aforementioned plus losing the way we did to Grambling will make this team stronger going into a MEAC schedule that will be murder with teams like Hampton, Morgan State, Howard, North Carolina A&T, South Carolina State on it....

if i had to pick a game for us to lose, i'd have to say it would be this one considering the stiff conference competition we have coming up

all of that having been said, congratulations to the G-Men - considering all that THEY have been through, i'm happy for them

good luck the rest of the way (except for Halloween Weekend of course)

:tup:

^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks for the congrats!!
You start your post by saying no excuses, but your post indicates differently. Our prayers go out to the fallen BCC football player. Now BBC is not the only team that had issues going into the game. From reading your words IMO, I interpret that BCC was suppose to walk all over the G-MEN, but given the circumstance it did not happen.

Gram is without our starting QB and our 1st string receiving core minus Henry Tolbert. Now I could easily say that if Bruce and Co. were not injuried, the game would have not been close. But the G-MEN showed a "its not over attitude" and pulled it out. Despite the "unsportsmen like conduct" call against the World Fame.

Once again CONGRATS G-MEN!!!

Cat Daddy I was in the stadium Saturday, and they didn't give a warning to the bands. As a matter of fact BCC's band played continously when Gram had the ball, and weren't warned, or penalized. When they made the call, everyone in the stadium was like WTF????? Man that call should not have been made.

Mach, that attendance had to be for paid tickets, because 35,000 fans weren't in the stadium. The lower bowl was nowhere close to being full, neither was any other part of the stadium, and oddly enough there wasn't a lot of stand up, and look good people standing in the concourse.

NICE

hassan said:
you say "thanks for the congrats" but your post indicates otherwise...

:

we didnt finish off a team that we are supposed to beat and that is how football can be
Why do you say "you were suppose to beat" Just curious? As you stated BCC was playing with young player, but I will say so was Gram.

TRU2GSU said:
Why do you say "you were suppose to beat" Just curious?

Well, gee Tru, ?what do you think having a nine point lead in the fourth quarter means?

I dont care who you're playing: if you're winning by more than a touchdown in the last frame, you BETTER win.

D-NICE said:
Cat Daddy I was in the stadium Saturday, and they didn't give a warning to the bands. As a matter of fact BCC's band played continously when Gram had the ball, and weren't warned, or penalized. When they made the call, everyone in the stadium was like WTF????? Man that call should not have been made.

Mach, that attendance had to be for paid tickets, because 35,000 fans weren't in the stadium. The lower bowl was nowhere close to being full, neither was any other part of the stadium, and oddly enough there wasn't a lot of stand up, and look good people standing in the concourse.

NICE

Nice the warning was given during the timeout prior to that 3rd and 14 play. Both bands were playing and thats why the band did not hear it. I only heard him over the loud speaker because I was sitting up above the band with a loud speaker just above where I was sitting.

The call was a bad call because as you stated, both bands were playing while Gram had the ball. Hell, both bands were playing a lot during the game.

hassan said:
Well, gee Tru, ?what do you think having a nine point lead in the fourth quarter means?

I dont care who you're playing: if you're winning by more than a touchdown in the last frame, you BETTER win.

If you are playing Gram, means nothing. :swink:

Thanks CD, because we didn't hear it where we were. We were sitting in the lower bowl on the 20 yard line on the GSU side, closet to the band. There were a number SP'ers in our section, you could've blended in, lord knows there were enough seats.

NICE

GSUperTiger said:
Cat, I can only imagine the euphoria at the game; we were like a bunch of wildmen in the sports bar. We acted a straight donkey!

Oh yeah :jump: we were cutting up, hollering and screaming and jumping. There were about 6 or so TSPN folks in our section. The team doused Coach with the cooler and everything.

:

JSTUS said:
Oh yeah :jump: we were cutting up, hollering and screaming and jumping. There were about 6 or so TSPN folks in our section. The team doused Coach with the cooler and everything.

Reminded me of the Portland State game.

Great game.

It was hot as L out there. Being that I get dressed around 8 in the morning when it felt like winter.

Spears out coached Shine. The G-Men made the proper adjustments at halftime.

Grambling the future looks good. Your QB has a cannon for an arm. He really impressed me with his arm strength.

#5 Weems and #10 were good athletes. I hope he has recovered from that sack from #55 Pettway, it could have been alot worse. I would have liked to have seen this game played in 2003.

Back