Grambling vs Bethune-Cookman Updates:

GSU will be a better team by the end of the season because these freshman are beginning to play very well. Nice job.....

mighty hornet said:
whats the damn score????

the BCC announcers have been saying 24-24, but Gram is leading!!!

:jump::jump:

Those damn MEAC officials and BCC announcers lost their minds!

JROCK,
I was listening to the BCC broadcast too and their announcers blew it big time. They had been saying BCC had 24 for a long time. Even after the Gram kick at the end, they were saying the game was tied and headed for OT.
What was going on with them????
:smh:

That kid may have a lot to learn, but that #7 Landers is something special and is gonna spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E in the SWAC for a long time. I think this lets Spears know that he has to let this kid turn it loose. #5 is also the real deal but, ofcourse, Nick Deriso had already reported that.

mighty hornet said:
JROCK,
I was listening to the BCC broadcast too and their announcers blew it big time. They had been saying BCC had 24 for a long time. Even after the Gram kick at the end, they were saying the game was tied and headed for OT.
What was going on with them????
:smh:

I don't know but they sure had me going. The only reason I listened to their broadcast is because it was so much more clear than Grambling's.

GramFan,

I am in total agreement with you. I enjoyed watching those kids fight back when I thought it was over... They did a nice job..

GramFan said:
That kid may have a lot to learn, but that #7 Landers is something special and is gonna spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E in the SWAC for a long time. I think this lets Spears know that he has to let this kid turn it loose. #5 is also the real deal but, ofcourse, Nick Deriso had already reported that.

Landers grew up today. I believe Grambling is back!!!

I wonder if there was a change in the coach calling the plays after halftime. The difference was like night and day!!! I see the team finally developed some nutz!!! Let's turn this season around and take care of some business!!!

GramFan said:

NASTYNUPE said:
I wonder if there was a change in the coach calling the plays after halftime. The difference was like night and day!!! I see the team finally developed some nutz!!! Let's turn this season around and take care of some business!!!

Tell me about it...the Bayou Classic may be on my list again.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/09/18/sports1903EDT0559.DTL

Grambling 24, Bethune-Cookman 23
(09-18) 16:03 PDT CINCINNATI (AP) --

Brian Morgan kicked a 36-yard field goal with 9 seconds remaining to give Grambling a 24-23 victory over Bethune-Cookman on Saturday in the Procter & Gamble Ohio Classic.

A crowd of 35,608 watched the game, annually pitting historically black colleges, at Paul Brown Stadium.

Bethune-Cookman (1-1) led 13-0 at the half and was on top 23-14 early in the fourth quarter after Eric Weems' second touchdown of the game.

But Grambling (1-2) moved 63 yards in only three plays, scoring on a 46-yard pass from Brandon Landers to Clyde Edwards with 4:55 left to pull to 23-21. After forcing a Wildcats punt, the Tigers took over at their own 17 with 1:22 left.

Landers completed passes of 24 yards to Edwards and 13 yards to Bakari Guice, rushed for 14 yards on a scramble and benefited from an interference penalty to move the Tigers to a first down at the Bethune-Cookman 18.

After three incompletions, Morgan came out and converted the kick.

Jimmie Russell rushed for 86 yards on 15 carries for the Wildcats, including a 29-yard scoring run. Weems scored on a 17-yard run and also caught a 36-yard scoring pass from Jarod Rucker. Jesus Cortez added a 41-yard field goal.

Landry Carter scored on a 4-yard run and Henry Tolbert had a 29-yard TD reception from Landers for Grambling.

NASTYNUPE said:
They could have given them a warning. I hate to see the refs fugg up a good game like this.

They gave a warning in the stadium, but both bands were playing. The ref's were trying hard to give the game to BCC. I'm glad the boys in Black and Gold stepped it up and made plays down the stretch.

Cat, I can only imagine the euphoria at the game; we were like a bunch of wildmen in the sports bar. We acted a straight donkey!

cat daddy said:
They gave a warning in the stadium, but both bands were playing. The ref's were trying hard to give the game to BCC. I'm glad the boys in Black and Gold stepped it up and made plays down the stretch.

I heard the band got fined, anybody can confirm this?

Back