Future Out of Conference Schedules

Because you're not allowed to leave even if you know it's not the best option for your school. Otherwise, you're a "c**n." You could be the worst rated fcs conference for 100 years in a row and folks will still act as if they don't get why you left. Notice, none of the other FCS conferences have that stipulation. And it's typically selective, because no one seems to be annoyed by the fact that BCU and FAMU bailed on the MEAC too. But, it's not an issue because they joined the SWAC. People don't like that conversation though.
I think the reason why there is hardly any talk about FAMU and BCU leaving the MEAC was because of the following reasons:

Some people thought it was a mistake for FAMU and BCU to go to the MEAC to begin with, give they were SIAC schools (who typically go to the SWAC (if they move up)).

FAMU made a excellent case why moving to the SWAC made sense in their presentation to state of Florida

While FAMU and BCU joining the MEAC saved the conference from folding, it also put them in bad position for long term survival given the travel cost going to Florida in all sports for schools in the MEAC that was apart of the MEAC original footprint.

I never understood why some black people will take words that have been historically used as slurs against our people, then turn around and use those same words toward other black people in order to demean them (then get offended when you call them out for it). I think if the MEAC wants to get Hampton and NC A&T back, they need look at how they do business and not depend on just being a black conference as the reason for Hampton and NC A&T being in the conference. I do wonder if A&T was still in the MEAC would the deal to be in Mayo Classic (A&T vs NCCU Classic at the Panther's stadium), on a routing basis, would have even gotten done.

Last edited:

Hampton had been trying to get to the CAA since the mid 90’s (it’s documented). Nothing the MEAC could have done would’ve kept them in the conference as long as that was Harvey‘s long term goal.

FAMU went to a conference that they fit culturally/geographically and BCU followed suit.

NCAT went to a conference where they felt their peer institutions were/are.

Some of these moves had nothing to do with the MEAC and whatever other excuses folks want to provide.

Hampton had been trying to get to the CAA since the mid 90’s (it’s documented). Nothing the MEAC could have done would’ve kept them in the conference as long as that was Harvey‘s long term goal.

FAMU went to a conference that they fit culturally/geographically and BCU followed suit.

NCAT went to a conference where they felt their peer institutions were/are.

Some of these moves had nothing to do with the MEAC and whatever other excuses folks want to provide.
With the Hampton situation being what it was, do you think the MEAC was in denial that Hampton was going to leave at some point until it actually happen?

I always wonder what would have happen if the MEAC had waited to go D1 when all the original schools was ready to go D1, as then I don't think FAMU and BCU would of never joined the MEAC.

With the Hampton situation being what it was, do you think the MEAC was in denial that Hampton was going to leave at some point until it actually happen?

I always wonder what would have happen if the MEAC had waited to go D1 when all the original schools was ready to go D1, as then I don't think FAMU and BCU would of never joined the MEAC.
Don’t know if it was denial, but when a school makes their intentions known from the jump what can the conference do? Look at realignment as a whole, when schools are ready to move nothing is going to stop that.

Don’t know if it was denial, but when a school makes their intentions known from the jump what can the conference do? Look at realignment as a whole, when schools are ready to move nothing is going to stop that.
I would say plan accordingly, as look at the Big 12 making certain schools sign a 99 year agreement not to leave the conference. While I don't think the MEAC should have gone that far, but one would think that they would of at least gotten something out of Hampton (even it was just an agreement to play MEAC schools as part of their out of conference schedule in multiple sports).

I would say plan accordingly, as look at the Big 12 making certain schools sign a 99 year agreement not to leave the conference. While I don't think the MEAC should have gone that far, but one would think that they would of at least gotten something out of Hampton (even it was just an agreement to play MEAC schools as part of their out of conference schedule in multiple sports).
Outside of replacing them what would you have the conference do? Hampton and several MEAC schools have already been on each other’s schedule.

Outside of replacing them what would you have the conference do? Hampton and several MEAC schools have already been on each other’s schedule.
I would at least attempted to get something from them (even it was just something symbolic like fish fry plates during the annual conference meeting), but not anything that would turn the relationship negative. As soon as I would of known they wanted to go to the CAA, then I would ask Hampton to pay something into a fund, annually, that would only be used to help with the membership fees for their replacement in the conference when they are no longer a member of the conference.

I would at least attempted to get something from them (even it was just something symbolic like fish fry plates during the annual conference meeting), but not anything that would turn the relationship negative. As soon as I would of known they wanted to go to the CAA, then I would ask Hampton to pay something into a fund, annually, that would only be used to help with the membership fees for their replacement in the conference when they are no longer a member of the conference.

symbolism isn’t going to replace a school, and why wait until the CAA if they went to the Big South first? You could’ve asked for a dollar and that could’ve turn the relationship negative. All the exit fees in the world and Pac12 is almost a memory with 2 schools left on Gilligan’s island.

symbolism isn’t going to replace a school, and why wait until the CAA if they went to the Big South first? You could’ve asked for a dollar and that could’ve turn the relationship negative. All the exit fees in the world and Pac12 is almost a memory with 2 schools left on Gilligan’s island.
Unless the MEAC leadership was ready kick Hampton out at the time of them admitting that they wanted to leave for the CAA, which I believe you said was the early 90s, then they could only try to come to an mutual agreement with Hampton on some type of compensation starting from that specific time of them making it known they wanted to leave. As there was not need to try to force them to stay beyond when they finally got an invite from another conference. Whether it was a higher exit fee upon them actually leaving the MEAC or have them make annual payment until they left the conferance starting in the 90s.

To me the conference drop the ball on not getting something from Hampton that would of help toward a new replacement member. I could understand them not wanting to turn the relationship neagtive, hence why I mention even getting something symbolic, rather than outright demanding something and sticking to that demand.

While the PAC-12 did get the exit fees, I believe, and was able to get some additional monies coming from the NCAA share for the conference, they really did not have plan to get others to stay in the PAC-12 once USC and UCLA annouced that they was leaving. I agree with you in that you can' stop a school from leaving, but you might be able can get some in return to help bring in new members, then it is a win if the conferance survivies. If I am not mistaken the PAC-12 used some of the money to make the agreement with MWC for scheduling for football.

I courious, how would you have handle Hampton if you was in charge of the MEAC when Hampton made it know that they ultitmately wanted to go to the CAA in the early 90s. Would you have kicked them out of the MEAC immediately, try get something out of them starting from that point in the early 90s, or something else.

The other thing that I wanted to ask you is where do you think the MEAC goes from here in order to increase membership? The last officialy thing they tried to do was add Chicago State, but that got voted down by MEAC Presidents and Chancellors, while the Directors of Atheletics voted in favor.

Unless the MEAC leadership was ready kick Hampton out at the time of them admitting that they wanted to leave for the CAA, which I believe you said was the early 90s, then they could only try to come to an mutual agreement with Hampton on some type of compensation starting from that specific time of them making it known they wanted to leave. As there was not need to try to force them to stay beyond when they finally got an invite from another conference. Whether it was a higher exit fee upon them actually leaving the MEAC or have them make annual payment until they left the conferance starting in the 90s.

To me the conference drop the ball on not getting something from Hampton that would of help toward a new replacement member. I could understand them not wanting to turn the relationship neagtive, hence why I mention even getting something symbolic, rather than outright demanding something and sticking to that demand.

While the PAC-12 did get the exit fees, I believe, and was able to get some additional monies coming from the NCAA share for the conference, they really did not have plan to get others to stay in the PAC-12 once USC and UCLA annouced that they was leaving. I agree with you in that you can' stop a school from leaving, but you might be able can get some in return to help bring in new members, then it is a win if the conferance survivies. If I am not mistaken the PAC-12 used some of the money to make the agreement with MWC for scheduling for football.

I courious, how would you have handle Hampton if you was in charge of the MEAC when Hampton made it know that they ultitmately wanted to go to the CAA in the early 90s. Would you have kicked them out of the MEAC immediately, try get something out of them starting from that point in the early 90s, or something else.

The other thing that I wanted to ask you is where do you think the MEAC goes from here in order to increase membership? The last officialy thing they tried to do was add Chicago State, but that got voted down by MEAC Presidents and Chancellors, while the Directors of Atheletics voted in favor.
Hampton announced they were leaving and bolted shortly afterwards. Hampton I believe paid the exit fees that were already apart of the bylaws, good luck getting anything else. Do you think Hampton comes to the MEAC in the first place if they knew they had to pay into an exit fund for nearly 25 years? Not sure if you remember but, Harvey RAN the MEAC for years. Several commissioners and chancellors (including one of ours) were from the Harvey tree. That symbolism you spoke of earlier (fishplates) may not do a whole lot. The Pac-12 paid up but sadly its still a two team conference.

If it were up to me I would have still taken Hampton back then, Harvey couldn't be president forever so the plan would be to keep open lines of communication and revisit at a later date. That Chicago State situation was dead on arrival. The MEAC council of presidents ain't got a clue.

Fcuk that check.
We have to dance w/ the fugly hoe who brought us to the dance bruh. None of us PV are pleased w/ the pending Xichigan State massacre at East Lansing either. I hope both fcs squads remain decently healthy while our student-athletes fulfill their lust to play a big-time fbs school in front of 80-90K+.

We have to dance w/ the fugly hoe who brought us to the dance bruh. None of us PV are pleased w/ the pending Xichigan State massacre at East Lansing either. I hope both fcs squads remain decently healthy while our student-athletes fulfill their lust to play a big-time fbs school in front of 80-90K+.

Bro! I hate bending over and taking lashes and beatings from these PWI’s. So many people unrealistic. All of this, “we ain’t scared” or “if Jacksonville State can beat Florida State so can we” Bullshyt is fcking ridiculous. Our HBCU’s do a horrible job of scouting FBS programs’ rosters and coaching situations before agreeing to these stupid arse deals just because Charlie waves a check in our face.

Like I have said before, I stand with my Jackson State folks when they push the point that all money isn’t good money no matter what bill you have to pay. Selling out our names to PWI who wouldn’t dare have played us back when black folks were welcomed on their teams is just shameful!

This foolishness that our schools and Athletics Departments are pushing on social media about these games and what these experiences does for our players and fans is a bunch of Bullshyt and fog for being them being too damn lazy to sell our brands and work with each other. There is so many more big money classics in NFL Stadiums and neutral site games between Non-Conference HBCUs or other non-conference FCS foe out there that we are just failing to capitalize on.

I went to an OSU game a few years after that and the FAMU game was a running joke.
Of all the Power 5 beatings that have happened over the years, that’s still one of the all-time worst.

But that period between 2012 and 2017 is the worst span of Rattler football ever…shiiiiiiid, it honestly might even be the worst period for FAMU Athletics as a whole.

I knew it was coming. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!!!!!! The whoring is occurring because the powers that be are displeased that the investment is NOT paying itself off. We're not stupid. 👀

Instead of local outreach to acquire rev, they settle for whoring. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I knew it was coming. I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!!!!!! The whoring is occurring because the powers that be are displeased that the investment is NOT paying itself off. We're not stupid. 👀

Instead of local outreach to acquire rev, they settle for whoring. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Payday’s over Pride my brother! That’s the world we live in.

I truly hate and loathe those JOINT HALFTIME SHOWS.😖
WHO'S idea is that? The PWI's?🙄 Just do yall usual show
and let us DO US. Its so lame!

Lord, I remember “being forced” to turn to the San Jose State crowd and sing “This is My Country” with a JJ Evans Kool aid Smile during the halftime show! While our Band Director thought it was about to be a beautiful “we are the world” moment with their crowd, those people were looking at us like, “what the f is this? Shake y’all arse some more!” 😂

Lord, I remember “being forced” to turn to the San Jose State crowd and sing “This is My Country” with a JJ Evans Kool aid Smile during the halftime show! While our Band Director thought it was about to be a beautiful “we are the world” moment with their crowd, those people were looking at us like, “what the f is this? Shake y’all arse some more!” 😂

200w.gif

I was at that game and was looking at y'all like "WTF"

Back