Fantasy Football

Suge

The Phat Mack
I know its early, but all this talk about the Saints and the Black crows has got me hype.

So what are we doing this year for a league? I know the usual suspects are coming back, but after all the drama with Sandbox last year, are we going to try another site. If we have to pay a small fee, I can live with that too. I just refused to pay Sandbox because of how they tried to do it last year. I know Fiyah usually sets it all up for or league......so where are we going fiyah!

The Pensacola Phatboys are ready for revenge after injuries cost us last season.......

Umm Larry Graham, Lou Rawls, Billy Ocean...yall ready?

:lmao:

Suge,
Aint you tired of finishing in last place every year?
:lmao: :lmao:

dem damn hornets will be back to take the title AGAIN!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yes, sandbox is now charging.........

I'm looking at other options for our league. Most are just getting information out there....we still have some time......

Originally posted by mighty hornet
dem damn hornets will be back to take the title AGAIN!!!!

Ummm the term AGAIN would imply that you actually won something.................and we all know you are the JSU of fantasy football. You talk a good game, but have nothing to show for it.

Besides I won the college bowl game challenge!!!!!

Originally posted by Fiyah
Yes, sandbox is now charging.........
The only person to pay last year was Jag 79. And he still was sorry!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Suge,
Stop trying to divert attn with that college crap. Face it, me and Papa Jag knew what we were doing and the rest of yall did not.
:(

btw, if we definitely won't be playing on sandbox, I ought to tell yall the secret to winning it.

The only person to pay last year was Jag 79. And he still was sorry!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

btw, if we definitely won't be playing on sandbox, I ought to tell yall the secret to winning it.

Yeah, but that was for peak usage. They are now charging everyone for usage.

Jag 79 tried to get over and still sucked!!!

Um MH, for someone who knows all the secrets of winning, you never seem to be able to actually win anything!

Hey what about the idea of us all putting up 10-20 bones each and the winner gets the pot at the end? Just an idea!!

Originally posted by Suge
Hey what about the idea of us all putting up 10-20 bones each and the winner gets the pot at the end? Just an idea!!

I'm down with that cause I like taking other people's money!!!

and I didnt know sandbox was charging everybody now.
:smh:

Once again, it's ON!

Yeah....y'all know that Billy Ocean and STEEL CITY will be ready to wreck shop again! :D

MH...you need to quit all that lyin'.
I WILL give you a prop for FINALLY beating the PHARAOHS after all those unsuccessful attempts! :p
You were due, bruh...:lmao:

SUGE:

Man...you were just happy to be in the league. You did hol' down the bottom like a trooper, though. :)

10 to 20 bones....sounds like a plan! :D

Well, all you old bustas better watch out for the Atlanta Blackbengals this year! We will be on the prowl and we are looking for new victims and fresh meat!

animal-smiley-038.gif

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Well, all you old bustas better watch out for the Atlanta Blackbengals this year! We will be on the prowl and we are looking for new victims and fresh meat!

*kinda sounds like the animal that chewed off it's own leg...* :look:

:lol:

Originally posted by PNeck019
I'd be interested in participating.....
I'll offer you this advice:

There are two people who know how to play. That's me and Papa Jag. The rest of these guys just talk a bunch of noise and don't have a clue.

say Nt,
Didn't I sweep your lil pathetic team again?

and beans,
Save it bruh. You were so _ _ _ that folks were looking for ways to keep the score down on you. The week I played you I didn't even start anybody at QB or WR and still beat you by 50 points.

Guys

Ya'll might wanna try cbs.sportsline.com for fantasy football. They have Football Commissioner, which gives the commissioner of a league complete control of the site. Ya'll might be familiar with it but if not, it works pretty good. You get live scoring and the works. You can set a date to do a live online draft of players or let an automatic draft take place. You can also customize rules and scoring. Being the commissioner of my own league (I-10FFL), I made the mistake last year of not using commissioner.com. That was the worst thing I could have ever done. Instead, I used a commissioner's program from rtsports.com. It was archaic compared to football commissioner on cbs sportsline.

Just in case you guys were not aware of this site, here are some FAQs from it:

http://football.sportsline.com/splash/football/spln/mgmt/faq#12

The Basics

Q: What is Fantasy Football?
A: Fantasy Football gives you the opportunity to run your own team of professional football players. You draft your team of the best players from across the NFL and receive points based on those players' performance in NFL games each week of football season. You set weekly lineups, propose, accept and reject trades, sign free agents, and compete against other teams in your league. If you have a group of friends you can form your own league using Football Commissioner. You can also join one of our existing Fantasy Football 2003 football leagues.

Q: What is the difference between your Football Commissioner and Fantasy Football 2003 games?
A: If you want to create a fantasy football league for a group of your friends, Football Commissioner lets you set up and run the league. Acting as the League Commissioner you can customize the scoring system; the rules and the schedule based on your wants and needs. In Fantasy Football 2003, you can own a team in an already existing league and compete against other users. For those leagues, we act as commissioner and set all the rules for you. You simply manage your team and try to beat the rest of the league.
Q: Do all owners in my league need Internet access?
A: No. The same way commissioners have traditionally distributed information (fax, regular mail, etc.) can still be used. On the site, all reports have been designed with printing in mind (see the Print icon on each report's page), including the reports that are e-mailed to you. Just print out the e-mail or web page and mail or fax them as you have in the past.

Set up

Q: Is it difficult to set up and run my league on-line?
A: Not at all. League set up is a snap, as we guide you through an easy 7 step process. You'll invite your friends to join along, set your own rules, customize your scoring system and we'll do the rest.
Q: How can I renew the same Football Commissioner league I played last year?
A: Everything is right where you left it: all your league's important information, team rosters, rules and scoring system. Go to your Football Commissioner league home page and click on the link in the yellow box at the top of the page.
Q: I signed up for the preseason special - When will my league be online?
A: Your league will be online in early July leaving you plenty of time to invite your friends and get ready for the upcoming draft.
Q: Will I have access to the latest NFL news and injury reports?
A: Absolutely. We post player news as it happens along with strategic analysis to help team owners make the right lineup decisions. Also a list of all current NFL injuries and playing status is right on your league's site. Plus we have a full editorial schedule, with Fantasy articles and analysis from our experts throughout every week.
Q: What are E-Reports?
A: You can schedule e-mail delivery of all the reports in your Fantasy league. When the reports arrive in your inbox, we refer to them as E-Reports. This includes statistics and standings reports, as well as news updates about your players and more. You can even have customized reports e-mailed. For instance, let's say you need a quarterback. Sort the free agent report to display the top scoring QBs available at the top, then have the report e-mailed every week.

New Features

Q: What's new for Fantasy Football Commissioner 2003?
A: Many new features have been added to the Football Commissioner since last year, including a simple seven step set-up process, improved player updates and strategic advice, along with a redesigned league home page with easier access to all your fantasy content. Click here to view all the new features.
Q: Can you handle my league's complicated scoring system?
A: The Football Commissioner is extremely flexible and can handle virtually all Fantasy football scoring setups. You can set up a Head-to-Head or Points-based scoring system and manipulate the stat categories in a number of different ways.
Q: Can I use my cell phone to access my Fantasy team?
A: Yes. If you have a web-enabled cell phone or PDA, visit wap.sportsline.com select Fantasy and you can get live scoring for your fantasy team during the games. You can also receive numerous alerts and notifications via text messaging. You'll know instantly when one of your players is injured, or you've received a trade offer!

Payment Options

Q: How much does it cost to use the Football Commissioner?
A: It costs only $159.95 for your entire league to play on-line for the whole season. If you have 14 people in your league, that's less than $12 per person for the whole season! Be sure to take advantage of our pre-season discount to avoid paying full price.
Q: Do I get a discount if I purchase a league in June?
A: Yes. If you reserve your league for Football Commissioner 2003 by June 30, 2003 you can save $40 and lock in at last year's lowest price of $119.95.
Q: Is it safe to pay via credit card over the internet?
A: Yes. We use what is called a secure server for the online payment screens. When using a secure server the information sent from your computer to our computer is encrypted so nobody else can read the information. The encryption used is military grade.
Q: Can I pay by check?
A: Yes. When you attempt to pay for your league, you will be given three options: Mail us a check, enter your credit card info on-line, or phone/fax us your credit card info.
Q: Is there a money back guarantee?
A: Yes. If there is any reason your league is unsatisfied with your Football Commissioner experience, we will refund your league fee. details.

### Note### You can do the draft over the course of time. I realize you guys are in different parts of the country but doing a live draft and preparing for it, is the best part of playing. What I like about the online draft, which we dont do anymore down here since we are all local, is that you sit in a chatroom with a draft set up and you can chat while the draft is on-going. Another thing is you guys can actually do the draft on this board and then the commissioner can enter the drafted players using Football Commissioner. Ok, I've rambled on enough. I'll stop.

and beans,
Save it bruh. You were so _ _ _ that folks were looking for ways to keep the score down on you. The week I played you I didn't even start anybody at QB or WR and still beat you by 50 points.

Oh Womack, if I can remember correctly, you was beneath me in a lower spot. Somewhere down there with Suge.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Blacknbengal
if I can remember correctly, you was beneath me in a lower spot.
Well, as usual, you can't remember correctly.

Yo sorry team was WAY beneath me kid. Not even remotely close to coming close to me!!!!!

Suge, don't feel bad for not ever being able to win 'isht' in Fantasy Football. I've been playing for 9 years and haven't won jack, yet. What's worse is that I've been commissioner of my league for 6 years and they rib the hell out of me for not even being able to win my own league. Injuries seem to always take me down, including Marshall Faulk being injured part of last season.

And PNeck, besides playing in the SWACPage league, you need to come local with us. . Most of the players in our league are from Lake Charles and the Lafayette area with one coming from Houma. It's a real man's game. The pot is usually $700-$750 for winning it all with a chance to win $$$ on a weekly basis, as well as seasonal such as $$$ for the team with most points scored in the regular season. Lots of ways to win but ya gotta know your 'isht.'

Well, as usual, you can't remember correctly.

Yo sorry team was WAY beneath me kid. Not even remotely close to coming close to me!!!!!

MH, I was ranked 11th with Fiyah. What was your ranking?

beans,
Dude haven't you learned about "trying" to challenge me kid. You'll lose. You'll always lose.
Remember that!

top 5

1 Papa's Bad Boys
2 Baton Rouge River Prowlers
3 Jacktown Express
4 dem damn hornets
5 Steel City Pharaohs

ALLL yall suck

I am the ultimate.

The 69ers win it all again this year.

My team is gone be fatter than Bruce Eugene....

Billy Bean Preston,
when Fiyah or anybody else post the standings, don't forget to do the right thang, and apologize for questioning me.

Can't believe that after all this time, you want to challenge me
:smh:

ummm GR,
You were so sorry that even beans beat you!!!! TWICE!!!!

YOu a lie...
My QB was hurt.
ONe of the players broke my window
I think he was using illegal players
I had new players
It was only my third year
Im going to do well this time, I have some trades and stuff
Just you watch

Back