Do you tip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEE DOG

Do you tip when you go out? It?s a shame that some people don?t believe in paying for a service that?s performed for them. If you go out with me and don?t tip I will talk about you in your face.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I know some people that are cheap. They think like it hurts them to leave somebody a tip. I just don't understand that mentality. I had one guy tell me ? man you leave that kind of money for tips?? :smh: If it?s a service learn to pay for it people.

Although I do tip at most resturaunts, I am not happy about doing it. That is thier job to bring me my food and be polite about it, just like anyplace else I bring my business to. When I do my job, nobody just dumps some extra money on the table for me.

I know the arguement is those waiters don't make much, but that's between them and thier boss. If they want more money, then get a job that pays better or demand more from thier boss. But what happend is they expect us the customer to make up the difference after we have already paid for our meal. That lets the resturaunt owner off the hook.

It's their job to perform a service, and in return you pay for the service. If you fix your own food it's different. The reason you pay a low price for a meal at resturaunt is for the service. If the resturaunt pays the server more money then you pay more for your food. :idea:
Lewis said:
Although I do tip at most resturaunts, I am not happy about doing it. That is thier job to bring me my food and be polite about it, just like anyplace else I bring my business to. When I do my job, nobody just dumps some extra money on the table for me.

I know the arguement is those waiters don't make much, but that's between them and thier boss. If they want more money, then get a job that pays better or demand more from thier boss. But what happend is they expect us the customer to make up the difference after we have already paid for our meal. That lets the resturaunt owner off the hook.

CEE DOG said:
I know some people that are cheap. They think like it hurts them to leave somebody a tip. I just don't understand that mentality. I had one guy tell me ? man you leave that kind of money for tips?? :smh: If it?s a service learn to pay for it people.
These are normally the SAME type people who will run their waiter 100 times or more.....more water, more bread, can I have this, do you have that. Then get up and leave w/o leaving a thin dime.

Fortitude said:
These are normally the SAME type people who will run their waiter 100 times or more.....more water, more bread, can I have this, do you have that. Then get up and leave w/o leaving a thin dime.
I know. The sad part about it is they have no shame about it. I hear black people say this all the time "If they want more money, then get a job that pays better ". If service jobs didn't exist who would take care of you when you went out? Everybody can't have a white-collar job. I just don't understand how people got that type of attitude towards other people jobs. I use to think it was just country people not understanding, but now I realize its just plain selfishness.

Yes and no... I am more prone now since I have a white collar job to do so than b4 but, I tip based on attitude and services provided... if I get a waiter/waitress that takes well to my kids when we go out, then they will more than likely get 20%.... if they are swamped and they do somewhat of a mediocure job of they get 20%.... if they get that I know imma get a tip attitude and try to do something i'll give them 10 - 15% or maybe whatever cash I have..... when I get charged an automatic gratuity and thier attitude just absolutlely suck... I request it be removed and I give then a few pennies.... if they are overly friendly 10%.... but i will tip generously if i get charged a gratuity and everything is on point i give them 5 - 10% on top of that......

CEE DOG said:
It's their job to perform a service, and in return you pay for the service. If you fix your own food it's different. The reason you pay a low price for a meal at resturaunt is for the service. If the resturaunt pays the server more money then you pay more for your food. :idea:
WTF, if I fix my own food?????? Most resturaunts I go to do NOT have what I consider a low price. I have already paid for them to cook the food and bring it to me. Now, I am not a "High Maintaince" customer, just bring me what I ordered and I am straight. Now leaving someone $5 for carrying my plate from the Kitchen to my table after their boss should have already paid them for it, please. Next, I guess I should tip the cashier at McDonald for putting my food an a tray and handing it to me.

:lol: @ Lewis.

Fort, you are so right. Those are the same ones that will NOT tip a dime, to the waiters. :shame:

When I go in, I have intentions on giving a tip. I tell you though, if someone comes out with a chip on their shoulder and gives terrible service then they are "skating on thin ice." It's all about customer service for me. It's different if they are very busy and can't get to regular. But if they come in slapping my silverware on the table and they forget 3 times to bring me some water. or take my order down "wrong" not once but twice. They should be glad I just leave without tipping.

Lewis said:

Thank you.

I don't mind tipping, but now restaurant owners are using this to help pay THEIR EMPLOYEE'S salary........................charging $20, $30 dollars for a basic meal and paying them a $2 an hour.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

QUESTION: HOW IN THE HE!! DO THIS INDUSTRY GET AWAY WITH UNDERPAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES. :look:

Tipping has gotten so bad now, restaurants are automatically adding it to you bill.

SORRY ...........I ORDER FOOD, I PAY FOR FOOD ..............I tip within my means. I don't go out to furnish other peoples bonuses.

Heck, nobody give me a tip for DOING THE JOB I AM EXPECTED to do. :p

I will tip 20%. If I am not getting good service it can be much less. I do take into consideration their work load (full restaurant not enough help).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'll tip at a sitdown restaurant when the service is good. I don't tip at places like Sonics. And if the waiter takes 20 mins to bring a glass of water and another 10 to ask me am I ready to order(but the ofays that come in 45 mins after me get their food before me)...I ain't tipping shat.

staggalee83 said:
Thank you.

I don't mind tipping, but now restaurant owners are using this to help pay THEIR EMPLOYEE'S salary........................charging $20, $30 dollars for a basic meal and paying them a $2 an hour.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

QUESTION: HOW IN THE HE!! DO THIS INDUSTRY GET AWAY WITH UNDERPAYING THEIR EMPLOYEES. :look:

Tipping has gotten so bad now, restaurants are automatically adding it to you bill.

SORRY ...........I ORDER FOOD, I PAY FOR FOOD ..............I tip within my means. I don't go out to furnish other peoples bonuses.

Heck, nobody give me a tip for DOING THE JOB I AM EXPECTED to do. :p

The restaurant industry has always paid the wait staff below minimum wage. Many sales and service jobs operate like this.

I always tip in a restaurant and I tip well.

I want to add another spin, do you tip the girl that cleans your room in the hotel?

cat daddy said:
The restaurant industry has always paid the wait staff below minimum wage. Many sales and service jobs operate like this.

I always tip in a restaurant and I tip well.

I want to add another spin, do you tip the girl that cleans your room in the hotel?

Like Fort said .............I have never seen anyone clean my rooms.
Are you supposed to?

Went to Subway last night and they had a tip jar on the counter RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CASH REGISTER. Are we supposed to tip here also?

staggalee83 said:
Are you supposed to?

Went to Subway last night and they had a tip jar on the counter RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CASH REGISTER. Are we supposed to tip here also?
Only time I tipped the person who cleaned my room was on a cruise, but now that I think about it....they had a lllonnnggg list of people you were "encouraged" to tip. :lol:

I saw a Tip Jar at a local take-out eatery recently. I did NOT tip them. I was like, "For what?" :confused:

staggalee83 said:
Are you supposed to?

Apple Bee's and Subway are different type restaurants. Sub way is a fast food quick joint while Apple Bee's a dine in place. Common courtesy is to tip in a dine in place. I think that?s what most folks don?t understand.

Lewis said:

wow....

I do tip and don't mind doing it, if I get good service.

I always tip. If the service is bad, I may sometimes leave a smaller tip as opposed to just not tipping at all.

One of the main reasons that I always tip servers is because I know that is the only way that they can really survive in the end. The government allows some establishments to only pay $2 or $3 an hour to servers with the assumption that they will make up the difference in tips. Therefore, I go ahead and leave something even if my experience was not all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back