Could an A&T Situation Happen in SWAC?

Nearly every school, if not every school in the swac has either looked or considered looking at some point or another

A&T has by far when it comes to athletics, the best department out there right now. That includes a nationally ranked track team. Enrollment trending upwards, etc etc...but they shouldnt consider anything other than staying in the MEAC, thats the logic it seems. The folks running that athletic department have outgrown the MEAC and has beaten down the SWAC, but apparently they don't know what they're doing. Yall wildin.

so athletics should determine what a school does?

the mission of our schools has nothing to do with athletics. let the white schools have that.

I hope none of us leaves.

F**K Hampton and NCAT.

the HBCU national title isn’t good enough for them, so they’re chasing the FCS title, which means JACK SHIT.

hell FCS fans and alum show more support to the SEC or ACC program in their state. The only FCS schools that have fan and alum support are the SWAC schools and those in the Dakotas and Montana

If they don’t value a Celebration Bowl victory and HBCU national title then to hell with them! They’ll be running back once those white folk in the Big South don’t show up to NCATs campus for any events, and the games are dead.

Hopefully none of us in the SWAC follows their lead and abandons our brothers & sisters

Good comments! Thank you!

Right....Southeastern's football stadium only seats around 7,500. I think their basketball arena seats just as much or more.

And Nichols, McNeese, and Northwestern State all have stadiums with fewer than 17,600 seats.

Jamel Holloway and plenty other QB’s that won championships weren’t accurate either. Instead of calling 5 wide and trying to make him a passer, call plays to fit his game. It was no reason for SU to pas that much in the SWAC Championship when they couldn’t stop the run. I don’t remember us running the option.

Jamel ran a wishbone in the mid-early 1980s during the run first-pass only when required days. Charlie Ward could actually pass as could Tommy Frazier. Scott Frost couldn't pass w/ accuracy yet still won it w/ paycalling and a VERY dominant OL/committed WRs-TEs blocking.

Does or did SU have an overly committed unstoppable OL for the run game? SU's ground/pound game was 2nd IC and 5th w/ OOC-IC play. SU's passing game was next to last OOC-IC and and next to last IC only stats. That's very telling of being a 1-dimensional squad, imho. As fast as today's defenses are, do you think it's a good idea to be 1-dimensional? If a defense loads the box up w/ 9 players, what then? Run more for negative losses? lol

Why would you add seats to join the Southland?

Bruh PV ain't adding seats to anything anytime soon. That's what was told for substantiate the pending improvements so that the funding for all the new venues could be approved by the System.

PV isn't going anywhere anytime soon. (hopefully) I say "hopefully" because we have numnutts here and there who don't know WTF they are doing and definitely do not have PV's (athletic) future at their forefront, imho.

I think a new FCS conference should be formed called the American Southern Conference (ASC). It would consist of: AAMU, MVSU, Delta State, BCU, Skegee, Fort Valley & Morehouse.

Must you be so cruel (in your own words)....It's no secret that Auburn wants Alabama A&M and Alabama wants Bama State as part of their institutional system. Plus, LSU is drooling to get Southern in their family. Hopefully, we all can maintain financial support and stay above water. Otherwise it will be survivor vs culture.....

Right now I would say PV and Bama State

PV - I think if they go to Phase 2 of that stadium expansion to 30K, they are probably gone (Southland). Good facilities
Bama Sate - Win everything in the SWAC and great facilities. Already got the 30K seat stadium so that would be attractive to someone. I can only see them going to the OVC or FBS

What does stadium size have to do with anything, especially for school like PV?

Must you be so cruel (in your own words)....It's no secret that Auburn wants Alabama A&M and Alabama wants Bama State as part of their institutional system. Plus, LSU is drooling to get Southern in their family. Hopefully, we all can maintain financial support and stay above water. Otherwise it will be survivor vs culture.....

What?

@Kenn Rashad when are we gonna get gifs?

Just taking a little jab chiefly at the white is right committee.....If Armstrong Williams finished from SCST, you know we all have a few of them in our set.......LOL

Jamel ran a wishbone in the mid-early 1980s during the run first-pass only when required days. Charlie Ward could actually pass as could Tommy Frazier. Scott Frost couldn't pass w/ accuracy yet still won it w/ paycalling and a VERY dominant OL/committed WRs-TEs blocking.

Does or did SU have an overly committed unstoppable OL for the run game? SU's ground/pound game was 2nd IC and 5th w/ OOC-IC play. SU's passing game was next to last OOC-IC and and next to last IC only stats. That's very telling of being a 1-dimensional squad, imho. As fast as today's defenses are, do you think it's a good idea to be 1-dimensional? If a defense loads the box up w/ 9 players, what then? Run more for negative losses? lol
SU faced loaded boxes all season and was still able to run the ball.

so athletics should determine what a school does?

the mission of our schools has nothing to do with athletics. let the white schools have that.

Its not only athletics, they are one of the best run hbcu's, period. And that is why they've been ABLE to do with their athletics what they have. And most schools have missions...most of those missions change with time too. That's a part of the problem.

LSU is drooling for SU? When? Why?

Its not only athletics, they are one of the best run hbcu's, period. And that is why they've been ABLE to do with their athletics what they have. And most schools have missions...most of those missions change with time too. That's a part of the problem.

Exactly. A&T and Hampton are kicking ass and taking names off the field as well. Those schools have competent, visionary leaders at the helm. Most HBCUs are ran by the old black incompetent frat boy network.

I don't know if you folks who are happy to see A&T leave and yelling diversity have seen this, but it's from Hampton on the move. Read and enjoy. At some point y'all will learn....

Last edited:
I don't know if you folks who are happy to see A&T leave and yelling diversity have seen this, but it's from Hampton on the move. Read and enjoy. At some point y'all will learn....

I think it boils down to this. Whats more important to you: Being a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?
But anyway, very interesting article. Thanks for posting.

"5.) Its boring and to be honest a lot of these programs don't even come to each others games so don't think of them not showing up to your university as them not wanting to visit an HBCU. It's just that there are no traditional rivalries, Riq has visited a lot of away games only to feel unwelcome and bored."

LOL
I said the exact same thing will happen at NCAT watch..o well at least they get the white mans money now.

LSU is drooling for SU? When? Why?

For decades ... almost happened in the 80s when the state was close to consolidating all of higher education. Namely absorbing engineering, law and nursing for starters ...

However, really changing higher ed in Louisiana would require a constitutional convention ... and nobody's calling for one to do that where messing with Southern and Grambling is a big political football (since the vast majority of black elected officials in the legislature are Southern and Grambling graduates) ...

"5.) Its boring and to be honest a lot of these programs don't even come to each others games so don't think of them not showing up to your university as them not wanting to visit an HBCU. It's just that there are no traditional rivalries, Riq has visited a lot of away games only to feel unwelcome and bored."

LOL
I said the exact same thing will happen at NCAT watch..o well at least they get the white mans money now.

We KNOW this is going to happen especially in this political climate today. But they will get the best of both worlds with getting to play a natural rival (NCCU) and another HBCU in conference (Hampton) plus maybe one more in OOC while still competing for that coveted FCS championship. As I said before, good luck on having maybe a half full stadium when Charleston Southern rolls into town.

But "diversity" though

For decades ... almost happened in the 80s when the state was close to consolidating all of higher education. Namely absorbing engineering, law and nursing for starters ...

However, really changing higher ed in Louisiana would require a constitutional convention ... and nobody's calling for one to do that where messing with Southern and Grambling is a big political football (since the vast majority of black elected officials in the legislature are Southern and Grambling graduates) ...

I don't understand why people think such things are made up. As far back as the 70's a state legislator tried to turnover the physical location of Texas Southern to UH, and move TSU to what was then and now UH-Downtown. A stipulation in the state constitution caused him to back off.

Some years afterwards legislators tried to create momentum for the idea of merging Texas Southern into the UT System. I never heard what stalled that idea.

Back