Bruce Eugene and the NFL Combine

D-NICE said:
They mentioned on a few occassions how TJ impressed in his bowl game, and how teams are looking at him, but for Bruce, it was only mentioned that he was from Grambling State University...

and that he had too much air on his balls.

Croft84 said:
I totally agree with you. I had this discussion with several peopleThey are seeing something I dont see. He dont impress me at all. Hell when Kordel Stewart was there he was doing more for them. His numbers was much better and he had the mobility. Please someone let me know what is so impressive about Big Ben.

He wins games and he doenst make bone headed mistakes.

I watched some of the combine coverage on DirectTV and Jackson might get picked ahead of Eugene based on the combine. That's because Jackson ran around 4.5 or 4.6 in the 40 and clocked faster on his passes. Eugene was more accurate on his throws, but with Jackson you get a guy who may work out at QB but if not they could work him out at receiver. Eugene certainly didn't hurt himself yesterday.
Off the topic, did anyone see Mississippi State's Jerious Norwood workout? Man, I knew that kid was athletic and I always liked him at State but he showed out in Indy. Kid ran a 4.4, was No. 1 in broad jump, and vertical jump.

Mr. Tiger said:
Off the topic, did anyone see Mississippi State's Jerious Norwood workout? Man, I knew that kid was athletic and I always liked him at State but he showed out in Indy. Kid ran a 4.4, was No. 1 in broad jump, and vertical jump.

I been said that kid was gone be the steal of the draft. Just put 10 more pounds on him and he's a more athletic Willie Parker.

THAMES said:
A lot of folks on this board may not give Bruce Eugene much of a shot, but he just might fool some people. Honestly, what do you think are his chances?
-------------------------------------------

If Eugene gets, AND KEEPS his weight down to a respectable number, he should go in the 1st 50% of the draft IMO.

Croft84 said:
I totally agree with you. I had this discussion with several peopleThey are seeing something I dont see. He dont impress me at all. Hell when Kordel Stewart was there he was doing more for them. His numbers was much better and he had the mobility. Please someone let me know what is so impressive about Big Ben.

A SB ring and not choking in the AFC Championship like Kordell did with a better team than this Steeler team. Big Ben is the real deal. He is going to get better and better. Plus he has heart. He plays with confidence even when he does make a mistake. Can't coach that. I think he is still pissed about about Eli and Philip Rivers going before him. Oh well he got a ring before they did. LOL

Croft84 said:

15 -1 Rookie Year - SuperBowl winner the second year. The kid is the perfect fit for the Steeler's system, but might not the perfect for other teams. Bottom line, the kid is a winner.

Back