BOOM returns to Hollywood

FunkyTone_98_2

Going, Going Back Back to Cali Cali..............

The Sonic Boom of the South is returning to California to perform at the image awards. They want the BOOM to do a similar performance to that of the Motown Boom as well as a percussion feature. It will be taped this weeekend and air next Thursday. The BOOM flies out late Wedness/Early Thursday. There are a couple other similar big-time performances the BOOM is considering, but right now it's nothing more than inquiries to the director.

CONGRATS TO JSU. THEY CONTACTED GSU BACK ON FEB. 20TH. ABOUT THIS EVENT. MAKE SURE THEY PAY FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP.

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN & REPRESENT!!!!

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
There are a couple other similar big-time performances the BOOM is considering, but right now it's nothing more than inquiries to the director.

YEAH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. MORE LATER... :shh:

Yeah they contacted us two weeks ago. We didn't say anything because Doc said nothing was concrete. It was a "wait and see." He had to agree to only 1 plane though.

Congrats to the boom and I hope you have fun out there on the West Coast. They always show us love when we go.

Handle that business, "Boom." Represent the SWAC well. I will be watching out for ya!!:) :tup:

Congratulation to the boom, show all the other division schools and the rest of the world that the SWAC and other HBCU's have a lot of talent!!! have a save trip!!!!! much love from S.O.D.!!!

I herd that Gram was going and if they are going they are leaving in the mourning about 8:30.

Congrats goes to whoever is going.. Great Job!!!

My cousin..Krab of 86 told me that the Boom is turning Cali out!! He said that the west coast love J-State. He lives out there and he's been going to the practice site. When the awards come on, look for the only nut with the Pum-Pum and thats him. This should be a classic event!

Can't wait till thursday!

FIYA UP JSTATE, FIYA UP....HA

Luv Da Boom
TOP Krab 97'
Hump N 2 Please

Originally posted by Shake_em_Off
When the awards come on, look for the only nut with the Pum-Pum and thats him.

If I see that, I'ma fall out laughing!!!
It's cool though.

Come on JSU was nice on TV but ay tell the truth on how you got to go. Tell the side that you know everyone wants to hear. You know the part that GSU was originally suppose to go but we didn't go. We didn't send in an audtion tape the just respected us enough that they invited us. So Jackson be real tell the truth

Originally posted by World Famed
Come on JSU was nice on TV but ay tell the truth on how you got to go. Tell the side that you know everyone wants to hear. You know the part that GSU was originally suppose to go but we didn't go. We didn't send in an audtion tape the just respected us enough that they invited us. So Jackson be real tell the truth

IT WAS MENTIONED IN MY EARLIER POST THAT GSU RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE IMAGE AWARDS PEOPLE. GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO, JACKSON DID. THE JACKSON PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW THAT GRAMBLING WAS INVITED. JSU OBVIOUSLY AGREE TO THE TERMS THAT THE IMAGE AWARD PEOPLE WERE OFFERING. FROM WHAT I HEAR JSU DID A GOOD JOB AS I THINK GRAMBLING WOULD HAVE DONE IF THEY WOULD HAVE GONE. THERE WAS A SPECIFIC REASON WHY GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO TO CALIFORNIA. AGAIN CONGRATS TO JSU. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD SEND ME A COPY OF THE PERFORMANCE.

They called both of us. We don't know who they asked first. They called us about it and said they had an interest. They said they also had interest in a couple other schools. Then they called back about 2 weeks prior and said yes they were going to use a band on the show, but they are considering others. So, you can't say who was called first. And if you had already turned it down, they would had no reason to tell us someone else was in the running. But as to whom got a call first it really doesn't matter. Who is even to say the terms are the reason for the final decision. I mean maybe they know the band is well liked and we've done a similar performance before.

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
Who is even to say the terms are the reason for the final decision. I mean maybe they know the band is well liked and we've done a similar performance before.

I KNOW WHY GRAMBLING DECIDED NOT TO ATTEND. jsu IS NOT THE ONLY BAND THAT IS WELL LIKED AND HAS DONE A SIMILAR PERFORMANCE BEFORE. BUT I AM SURE YOU KNOW THAT. LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO SOMETHING THAT IT IS NOT.

D@mn, who cares who called who first?...Grumblin is still and will always be Grumblin...Jackson State went and represented...case closed...Carry On..

Originally posted by World Famed

Who cares JSU did the daymn thing!!! They asked SU to go also in 2000 when they honored Doc and for the one that just past and u don't hear us bragging about it.

Thank you psychojag for making a true statement and I sick of Grumbling thinking that they are the best. Valley is better than grumbling. Grumbling will never the better than the JUkebox and JSU is better than Grumbling. SO GRUMBLING STOP HATIN ON JSU, ALL OF AMERICA KNOWS THAT THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB
ON THE IMAGE AWARDS.

Back