Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am usually not a fan of sequels. But I really wish they would cast Grace Jones in this movie. When I was watching the first Black Panther, for some reason, I kept thinking of her. I think she would fit right in.

I am usually not a fan of sequels. But I really wish they would cast Grace Jones in this movie. When I was watching the first Black Panther, for some reason, I kept thinking of her. I think she would fit right in.
They could probably gender-swap Rev. Achebe and make Grace Jones the cultish reverend ...

She should have been cast as the woman who trained Black Panther's all female guard or Dhani's mother....better yet the sole body guard to the Black Panther's mother.

45b950e624157f3cb15e7bcee5923399

https://decider.com/2022/10/26/black-panther-wakanda-forever-world-premiere-black-journalists/

These viral complaints were originally spurred by a tweet from Keshav Kant, who is the executive director and editor-in-chief of the nonprofit Off Colour, which covers the intersection of media, culture, politics and race. She wrote, “TikTok is having this discussion at the moment about content creators, access and Black women facing systematic barriers,” and asked “How many Black creatives (women and non-men specifically) were invited to the Wakanda Forever red carpet?”

Nyanyika Banda tweeted, “I created The Wakanda Cookbook. Re: I created the culinary landscape of Wakanda. No invite!” She is a chef and the author of Marvel’s Black Panther The Official Wakanda Cookbook, which released in April 2022.

Karama Horne, author of Black Panther: Protectors of Wakanda: A History and Training Manual of the Dora Milaje from the Marvel Universe and Marvel.com contributor, tweeted, “No, I was not invited to the premiere. Yes, I wrote a book about Wakanda for them.”

Shannon Miller, who is an editor at Adweek, weighed in one the conversation with, “It’s interesting: Every Black journalist/media person I’ve connected with on this has said that they A.) weren’t personally invited at all or B.) are the +1 of a non-Black guest.”

Roxane Gay, author of the Marvel comic book series Black Panther: World of Wakanda, made headlines in 2018 when she claimed that she wasn’t invited to the Black Panther premiere.

In a series of now-deleted tweets, Gay said, “My feelings are real hurt that I didn’t get an invite to the Black Panther premiere. I mean goddamn Marvel. Goddamn.” Like Gay, these aforementioned Black creators have been left with hurt feelings and confusion about their exclusion from this major event that is meant to celebrate Black culture.

How to watch Black Panther: Wakanda Forever at home online​

How can Marvel fans watch Black Panther: Wakanda Forever at home online? Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will be available to stream for free on Disney Plus around 45 days after its release date, which will be around December 26, 2022.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I love how they are tying Marvel shows in with the movies.

A lot of the people who are talking against the movie are really showing their ignorance of Marvel Comics. I think Marvel needs to be very careful about trying to attract the non-comicbook fan with "modern themes", no matter how minor they may be. The Marvel Universe just might not be for everyone.

Judge Joe Brown had some foolishness talking about the Wakandans are supposed to be so technologically advanced, but don't have a restaurant and are using spears. Some Mexican guy was upset because the "Mexicans" in the movie were blue. I could go on, but the ignorance is mind blowing.

There is a theory that Marvel is setting up for the entry of the X men and the young Avengers to the MCU. I can see another Black Panther movie down the road.

Do you think there will be another Wakanda movie? I didn't like her either. I knew she was sneaky.

Somewhere down the line there probably will be, it makes too much money for them not to do one.

I remember her in Falcon & the Winter Soldier and also in Black Widow. She's putting a team together and she'll be in charge of them called The Thunderbolts.

Watch while you can because it seems this movie (and the bombing Strange World with the first black male lead) will be leaving theaters December 1 depending on where you live.

Back