Bitcoin

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
For those of you using Robinhood or similar apps, PLEASE MAINTAIN detailed records yourself, these companies are new to the business and are not use to providing proper tax records, the IRS will come after you, not them! Those apps are not as good as the discount and main brokerage companies.

Bitcoin’s Greatest Feature Is Also Its Existential Threat​

The cryptocurrency depends on the integrity of the blockchain. But China’s censors, the FBI, or powerful corporations could fragment it into oblivion.

Security researchers have recently discovered a botnet with a novel defense against takedowns. Normally, authorities can disable a botnet by taking over its command-and-control server. With nowhere to go for instructions, the botnet is rendered useless. But over the years, botnet designers have come up with ways to make this counterattack harder. Now the content-delivery network Akamai has reported on a new method: a botnet that uses the Bitcoin blockchain ledger. Since the blockchain is globally accessible and hard to take down, the botnet's operators appear to be safe.

It’s best to avoid explaining the mathematics of Bitcoin's blockchain, but to understand the colossal implications here, you need to understand one concept. Blockchains are a type of “distributed ledger”: a record of all transactions since the beginning, and everyone using the blockchain needs to have access to—and reference—a copy of it. What if someone puts illegal material in the blockchain? Either everyone has a copy of it, or the blockchain’s security fails.

To be fair, not absolutely everyone who uses a blockchain holds a copy of the entire ledger. Many who buy cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum don’t bother using the ledger to verify their purchase. Many don't actually hold the currency outright, and instead trust an exchange to do the transactions and hold the coins. But people need to continually verify the blockchain’s history on the ledger for the system to be secure. If they stopped, then it would be trivial to forge coins. That’s how the system works.

So yeah Dogecoin was at .05 literally 2-3 days ago and I hadn't checked on it in a month and now it is past .25 streaking towards .30 lol

I would need it to hit a $1 before I consider selling it off RH and put it in other cyrpto with the potential to take off (but I might as well HODL and see if it can hit $5. I would definitely sell at that price point)

So yeah Dogecoin was at .05 literally 2-3 days ago and I hadn't checked on it in a month and now it is past .25 streaking towards .30 lol

I would need it to hit a $1 before I consider selling it off RH and put it in other cyrpto with the potential to take off (but I might as well HODL and see if it can hit $5. I would definitely sell at that price point)
I'm still kinda new to this buying stocks, watching, and waiting, etc. I guess I am getting more seasoned because lately, it might be a full week before I check for any progress. So last night I was like, "what....woah...look at this....Hey Hey there now Dodgecoin!"

Last edited:
I'm still kinda new to this buying stocks, watching, and waiting, etc. I guess I am getting more seasoned because lately, it might be a full week before I check for any progress. So last night I was like, "what....woah...look at this....Hey Hey there now Dodgecoin!"

I'm new as well. You'll get over it after a week or so lol

I saw it trending on Twitter and was like "let me see what's up" only to see it break the .20 barrier then .25 then blazed past .30 before settling back around .25 when I went to bed. If it can stay above .20 for a while then that will be the new floor

I wanna take my profits from it and invest it in a few other cryptos that are hitting ATHs while still in the .0000__ range to avoid using out of pocket money. This is gonna be a long term play for me

I wish I could buy it thru Coinbase. I'm sort of locked out of my Binance, the app is giving me fits trying to get logged back on.

Shiba Inu (SHIB) is the latest crypto to enjoy a Doge like rise recently (up into the top 20 as far as cryptos is concerned) but still worth it to drop a bag into (.000028 as of this post).

If you dont care about actually owning it, it is now on Binance, Crypto.com and other major exchanges because it's Ethereum based and if you try to actually own your coin in a wallet, those gas fees are a killer. I tried to buy it when it was at .0000002 but it was a pain to buy (Uniswap only at the time) and those gas fees are a killer

Shiba Inu (SHIB) is the latest crypto to enjoy a Doge like rise recently (up into the top 20 as far as cryptos is concerned) but still worth it to drop a bag into (.000028 as of this post).

If you dont care about actually owning it, it is now on Binance, Crypto.com and other major exchanges because it's Ethereum based and if you try to actually own your coin in a wallet, those gas fees are a killer. I tried to buy it when it was at .0000002 but it was a pain to buy (Uniswap only at the time) and those gas fees are a killer
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

If you were to buy Shiba Inu through Binance or Crypto (just got listed today), you wouldnt actually own your coins but basically shares of it. If you dont care about that (which I wouldnt have instead of wasting $150 trying to buy coins lol), then buy it through them. If you want to actually own your coins, you can try and buy them but there is the risk of high gas fees (the cost it would take to execute your order on the blockchain). For example, if you wanted to buy $150 worth of $Shib but it might cost you as cheap as $30 as far as network fees or as high as $300 for the same order (Shib is Ethereum based which are known for their high "gas" (network) fees). All depends on when you place your order and catching the best deal. Oh by the way, if your order fails, you still pay the network fee so if you are new to it (like I am), you might wanna get some help or watch some Youtube videos to get the jist of buying Ethereum based coins/tokens

If you want a low risk BSC based token/coin, buy some A S S (Austrailian Safe Sheperd) while it is cheap (.00000001)

I bought some last week because it was cheap and the name is funny. It went up 1000% in a week and then went up over 300%. I took some of my Doge profits and dropped it in A S S (including some for fundraising purposes for Valley). Even if it goes up by only 5,000%, I've made a few thousand for the cause. If it erases 3-4 zeros off a $100 investment... whew lol

If you want a low risk BSC based token/coin, buy some A S S (Austrailian Safe Sheperd) while it is cheap (.00000001)

I bought some last week because it was cheap and the name is funny. It went up 1000% in a week and then went up over 300%. I took some of my Doge profits and dropped it in A S S (including some for fundraising purposes for Valley). Even if it goes up by only 5,000%, I've made a few thousand for the cause. If it erases 3-4 zeros off a $100 investment... whew lol

Woke up this morning to see it went up 1,000% as of this post lol

Yeah ignore everything I said about SHIB lol

They just had a rugpull happened to them (as well as other Ethereum based coins/tokens).

A rugpull is when one person owns half of the total supply of a coin/token and they sell them (which happens in most rug pulls). In this case, the Ethereum CEO donated it to India Crypto Relief fund for COVID and gave the CEOs of these coins a middle finger when he promised to hold them

Bitcoin has dropped about 20K in the last few weeks, I've pulled my initial investment but left some of the profits to see where it will stand. I road the ride years ago and will see where it goes from here.

Yeah I missed out on the AMC but I didn’t feel bullish about it due to the fact about the movie theater industry in the pandemic but looking back I should have day traded it but I will by an option and see where it goes

What are you Crytpo currency holders doing now? Are you holding on, selling? Educate the old man about whats going on. In the stock market we hold on and ride the waves, are you doing the same?

What are you Crytpo currency holders doing now? Are you holding on, selling? Educate the old man about whats going on. In the stock market we hold on and ride the waves, are you doing the same?
This depends on when you got in, just like stocks. You can ride it out and buy it low. Hopefully folks have been dollar cost averaging.

Back