Best venue in SWAC

Best Gameday Experience?

• AAMU- Louis Crews Stadium (21,000)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Alabama St. - Crampton Bowl (24,600)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Alcorn St - Jack Spinks Stadium (22,250)

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jackson St. - Veterans Memorial Stadium ( 62,000)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Southern - A.W. Mumford Stadium ( 29,800)

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Grambling - Robinson Stadium (20,000)

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Ark. Pine Bluff - Golden Lion Stadium (12,500)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Prarie View - Blackshear Stadium (6,000)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Prairie View - Reliant Stadium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well, personally I like both Mumford and Memorial they both are great places to watch a football game no matter what color the schools are they are just GREAT FOOTBALL VENUES!!!!!

Now being that I am a GOLDEN LION I must say that I think we the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT PINE BLUFF have a nice football venue, like my fellow golden lion stated it is MUCH better than what our boys use to play on... Southern just so you would know your school is not the only school in the conference that spent a bundle on the surface, I think our surface is one of the best surfaces to play on in the conference hands down... I will say this if we don't do anything right our field is gonna be kept up and ready to be played on........

THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT PINE BLUFF
EDUCATION WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

I dont have a pic but I have visited twice... the MAIN thing I like about it is the outside entrence... VERY professional looking with a nice brick structure. The inside of the stadium looks like a regular stadium... I heard the press boxes were nice also from someone who has been in there.

I agree with NT... the only thing I dont like about Lewis Crews is that the seats are so far back from the playing field... other than that it is a first class facility.

07230006.JPG

07230005.JPG

visitors side..

07230008.JPG

playing field and scoreboard...

07230009.JPG

KILLER-LION said:
I think our surface is one of the best surfaces to play on in the conference hands down... I will say this if we don't do anything right our field is gonna be kept up and ready to be played on........

True, UAPB has a very good field. Remember when UAPB played SU at SU a few years ago and BET covered the game. It was a true "MUD BOWL".

NOISE TALKA said:
right. lol. These folks love going to attendance..when that's the easiest topic for us. lol. Let the records speak for themselves.

We only have 2 more home games left. JSU WILL end the season atop the 1-AA in attendance....as usual. you heard it here first. *yawn*....now BACK TO THE TOPIC. gosh.

Man yall kill me with that attendance shat. Knowing good and well the Jags will always outnumber you and anyone else in I-AA anywhere.

With that being said. Mumford is number 1. Memorial is only right when the Jags come to town.

Best venue in the SWAC -
1st - University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
2nd - Alabama A & M University

Best venue (game day atmosphere) in the SWAC
1st - Southern University and A & M College
2nd - Alcorn State University

Best venue (match-up) in the SWAC
1st - Southern University at Jackson State University
2nd - Alabama A & M University vs. Alabama State University

enswaclopedia said:
The absolute worse thing you can do when building a stadium is put a track around it. If you must have a track put it around the practice field. Sitting behind the track takes so much away from being at the game.

I wasn't arguing that it's the best thing to do, but in many cases, schools have to make due with limited resources and space. Putting a track in the stadium for many schools is a necessity.

Pine Bluff Stadium looks very nice for a High School, but not for a college. That was the first college stadium I ever seen that was aluminum.

tierre said:
Pine Bluff Stadium looks very nice for a High School, but not for a college. That was the first college stadium I ever seen that was aluminum.

You haven't been to the high school stadiums in the DFW metroplex. Carrol High has at $30Mil stadium with an indoor practice facility that the Dallas Cowboys uses and thousands of season ticket holders.

UAPB stadium money wasn't too rapped in seating. A big % of it was spent of a top-notch playing field, technology 2nd to no other sports venue in the nation. Still, not 1 college in the nation can bring you live audio and video game coverage over the internet.

I know many members of the SWACPage has taken advantage of watching their team play UAPB in Pine Bluff.

JBizzl said:
Man yall kill me with that attendance shat. Knowing good and well the Jags will always outnumber you and anyone else in I-AA anywhere.

With that being said. Mumford is number 1. Memorial is only right when the Jags come to town.

OH LORD...here we go again. ....sigh...

The game on BET when SU and UAPB played was before we installed our current playing surface. That was horrible. Back then we had the worst playing surface in the SWAC. We just installed the new surface before the 2003 season. Our field is sand based. It can take up to 15 inches of water a hour.

oh yeah I would have to agree the SU vs JSU game at memorial is the definition of a football game. This is what black college football was meant to be like. I wish the game would just stay in memorial. We play good there plus our fans love to travel to Jackson. The game truly looses something in New Orleans because you can't tailgate. I never in my life saw so many black folks tailgaiting at one time. There had to be atleast 20,000-30,000k tailgaiting. I would have to say that atleast 80% were Southern Fans.

Best Game Day Atmosphere coupled with Venue
1) S.U.
2) Alcorn

Largest Facility
1) JSU
2) S.U.

Single Best Game with atmosphere, venue, bands and fans:
1) S.U. vs JSU @Memorial

Single most high profile game and Classic:
1) GSU v.s S.U. @ SUperdome

Single most rowdy with a large crowd
1) GSU vs. Prairie View @ Cotton Bowl

Single most "down home" Game:
1) Bama St. v.s. AAMU @ Legion

JROCK said:
Best Game Day Atmosphere coupled with Venue
1) S.U.
2) Alcorn

Largest Facility
1) JSU
2) S.U.

Single Best Game with atmosphere, venue, bands and fans:
1) S.U. vs JSU @Memorial

Single most high profile game and Classic:
1) GSU v.s S.U. @ SUperdome

Single most rowdy with a large crowd
1) GSU vs. Prairie View @ Cotton Bowl

Single most "down home" Game:
1) Bama St. v.s. AAMU @ Legion
This is more like the view I was going with....

Back