Best venue in SWAC

Best Gameday Experience?

• AAMU- Louis Crews Stadium (21,000)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Alabama St. - Crampton Bowl (24,600)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Alcorn St - Jack Spinks Stadium (22,250)

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jackson St. - Veterans Memorial Stadium ( 62,000)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Southern - A.W. Mumford Stadium ( 29,800)

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Grambling - Robinson Stadium (20,000)

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Ark. Pine Bluff - Golden Lion Stadium (12,500)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Prarie View - Blackshear Stadium (6,000)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Prairie View - Reliant Stadium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
THING IS MH, THE KING OF SWAC ATTENDACE (JSU) IS NEVER THE ONE THAT BRINGS THIS SH*T UP.

have you noticed.

Our haters are the ones who bring it up....every time.

mighty hornet said:
back to the attendance smack again, huh?

:smh:

I guess when you can't win any games, you do stuff like that.

as for the question, I would say SU has the best game day atmosphere.

You would say anyone but JSU. Carry on.

This is a question for JSU, SU, Grambling and Alcorn. The rest of you just need to vote for one of us.

Well I will vote this way.

1. Southern- Mumford
2. JSU - Memorial Stadium
3. AAMU - The Dawgpond ( Lewis Crews)
4. Alcorn - Jack Spinks
5. UAPB - Golden Lion Stadium

All of them have their positives and their negatives but when it comes down to it
Mumford is the best. I went down their last year to witness my Dawgs take ***** whoopin. The tailgating was great, atmosphere great, stadium great, everything about the experience was great except the poor treatment some of our fans received while walking out of the stadium after the loss. It is one thing to smack talk about the game , thats ok, but to insult senior citizens as they marched in solitude to the RV in their maroon jumpsuits was taking it too far. They were joking and throwin rib bones at some of the elderly members of the Bulldog Club saying hear dogs nibble on this. Besides that everything went well, and I realize this was a small group of drunk fans, still this disgust me buty I digress. Jackson has a very good atmosphere as well, fans a re friendly,we actually tailgated with JSU fans before the game in peace in harmony that what it is all about. AAMU , my beloved school, Crews is a nice stadium but as it has already been stated it is too far from the field you feel detached fro mthe game at times. Our tailgating is osme of the best ion country, these alumni spend more time at the tailgate then they do inside the stadium which is a horrible. I have yet to visit Alcorn or Pine Bluff , but I hear they a very nice places to see a game.

PsychoJag said:
Dude ya'll don't have bathrooms because ya'll don't even own a stadium.

It really amazing how you make this argument about who owns the stadium. But if I am not mistaken, isn't Southern a state school? So technical isn't that the state of Louisiana's stadium?

bighusky00 said:
Well I will vote this way.

1. Southern- Mumford
2. JSU - Memorial Stadium
3. AAMU - The Dawgpond ( Lewis Crews)
4. Alcorn - Jack Spinks
5. UAPB - Golden Lion Stadium

All of them have their positives and their negatives but when it comes down to it
Mumford is the best. I went down their last year to witness my Dawgs take ***** whoopin. The tailgating was great, atmosphere great, stadium great, everything about the experience was great except the poor treatment some of our fans received while walking out of the stadium after the loss. It is one thing to smack talk about the game , thats ok, but to insult senior citizens as they marched in solitude to the RV in their maroon jumpsuits was taking it too far. They were joking and throwin rib bones at some of the elderly members of the Bulldog Club saying hear dogs nibble on this.

We try to warn everyone before going to Mudford. That is just how those people were raised.

Mumford hands down...... JSU plays in a nice staduim but the atmosphere is nothing like Mumfords.

I have been to two SU homecomings.... a JSU homecoming and Capitol City Classic....

JSU's homecoming was just like another game IMO...Capitol City Classic was a nice atomosphere but far below either of the SU homecomings I went to.

NOISE TALKA said:
Oh lord I hope this doesn't turn into a SMACK thread.

Anyway, I say Memorial. I'll say why I choose Memorial last....But i'll start by saying several of the SWAC stadiums have their pluses...

Alabama A&M - Their stadium is one of the newest (them or uapb...can't remember who's the newest) and it is really nice. It's a nice facility. ...the only draw back is how far the stands are back from the field....It makes you feel so far away from the game. It's nice though.

Southern - Mumford would have to be considered in this discussion, because I think they possess the biggest home-field advantage. The improvements are nice too, but I wouldn't call it the best game day venue...

Alcorn - I like Jack Spinks as well. When Jack Spinks first opened it was state-of-the-art. They are keeping it up well too. It's a good game day environment down at the Corn. If you haven't been you should check it out.

UAPB - UAPB's stadium is nice also. The obvious drawback is the size.

But I say Memorial. I just see Memorial as the ultimate stage for Black College Football. There is not a bad seat in the house at Memorial. I don't know what it is about it. The stadium just creates such a good atmosphere. Those of you who have visited our home know that it's one of a kind. Not trying to be biased but Jackson State plays in the best game day venue.

It was designed with capability of being expanded to 30,000 later.

mighty hornet said:
Exactly
|
|
|
V

:smh:

sorry but IMO, SU's is much better

Exactly MH.

Now go back and start reading from #1 to #11. See how those went. :winkgrin:

Then read starting at post #12 down to guess who at #25.

This started way before TP .............. by the same CERTAIN POSTERS. :goof: :goof:

BUT anywho ...................... MEMORIAL. :D

DaHill, I have never gone to a SU homecoming but I would assume that when you have 35K fans crammed into a stadium, that it adds to the atmosphere....especially when the home team is winning. That is one reason why I would not mind JSU getting a 30K on campus stadium...it would increase season tickets sales and improve our already great home atmosphere. I think the JSU homecoming you went to had 20K fans in a 60K stadium with fans mad because we were losing to the likes of Penut Butter or the AAMU homecoming back in 2000 when it rained. Our homecoming normally have 35K when it does not rain. So to me, the biggest knock I have against Memorial is the size. We don't draw 60K every week and we don't need a 60K stadium. There is nothing better than a jam packed stadium.

When JSU played at Hampton, it made me realize just how good the JSU fans were. We cheered our team from beginning. We know the BOOM is coming and we rise to our feet. Hampton fans just sat there like they were watching a movie or something.

Tigerpride said:
DaHill, I have never gone to a SU homecoming but I would assume that when you have 35K fans crammed into a stadium, that it adds to the atmosphere....especially when the home team is winning. That is one reason why I would not mind JSU getting a 30K on campus stadium...it would increase season tickets sales and improve our already great home atmosphere. I think the JSU homecoming you went to had 20K fans in a 60K stadium with fans mad because we were losing to the likes of Penut Butter or the AAMU homecoming back in 2000 when it rained. Our homecoming normally have 35K when it does not rain. So to me, the biggest knock I have against Memorial is the size. We don't draw 60K every week and we don't need a 60K stadium. There is nothing better than a jam packed stadium.

When JSU played at Hampton, it made me realize just how good the JSU fans were. We cheered our team from beginning. We know the BOOM is coming and we rise to our feet. Hampton fans just sat there like they were watching a movie or something.

exactly ... that is why I put SU's atmosphere at the top... Now I may be wrong but I am not sure if the topic is related to stadiums or atmosphere.. If it is stadiums then it is Memorial.

pbla said:
It was designed with capability of being expanded to 30,000 later.
too many what I call "cheap seats" at UAPB's stadium.... it needs more concrete.. NSU's stadium is made the same way.

Any stadium with a track around the field (or one with enough room to put a track around the field :emlaugh: ) should be automatically ELIMNATED.

Alcorn has the best "stadium" in the SWAC for watching a game. Period. Its not too big, but its not too small. Its big enough to hold a sufficient amount of people, yet its still cozy, and offers a nice close up view of the game.

As far as best "game day atmosphere", I would have to go with Southern.

Deuce said:
Any stadium with a track around the field (or one with enough room to put a track around the field :emlaugh: ) should be automatically ELIMNATED.

LOL don't discredit a stadium for that, most smaller schools are forced to have that. But as far as a venue goes, it's Memorial hands down. 62,000, not a bad seat in the house. As far as game day atmosphere, I would give the edge to Southern, although nothing that I've seen tops a SU-JSU game in Memorial.

NOISE TALKA said:
I knew this was gonna turn into a smack thread....*sigh*....

Why can't we just have opinions. ...dayum. lol.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND PLEASE PEOPLE. Just post your opinion...you aren't going to make anyone change theirs. DAYUM. lol.

Ain't it sad :smh:

JaguarNation99 said:
LOL don't discredit a stadium for that, most smaller schools are forced to have that. But as far as a venue goes, it's Memorial hands down. 62,000, not a bad seat in the house. As far as game day atmosphere, I would give the edge to Southern, although nothing that I've seen tops a SU-JSU game in Memorial.
The absolute worse thing you can do when building a stadium is put a track around it. If you must have a track put it around the practice field. Sitting behind the track takes so much away from being at the game.

DAHILL said:
too many what I call "cheap seats" at UAPB's stadium.... it needs more concrete.. NSU's stadium is made the same way.
You know I have to agree with you there. But it's a lot better than what UAPB once played in.

Could someone post a pic of Pine Bluff's stadium.

I've seen the stadium on tape, and it looks rather nice from what I could tell. I have also heard good things about the stadium's technology.

Back