Best venue in SWAC

Best Gameday Experience?

• AAMU- Louis Crews Stadium (21,000)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Alabama St. - Crampton Bowl (24,600)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Alcorn St - Jack Spinks Stadium (22,250)

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Jackson St. - Veterans Memorial Stadium ( 62,000)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Southern - A.W. Mumford Stadium ( 29,800)

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Grambling - Robinson Stadium (20,000)

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Ark. Pine Bluff - Golden Lion Stadium (12,500)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Prarie View - Blackshear Stadium (6,000)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Prairie View - Reliant Stadium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bighusky00

Future Athletic Director
I was just thinking abouwho has the best gameday venue to see a football game, including, tailgaiting, scenery, and gameday expierience. Also I was wondering what ever happened to Bama St building a new stadium? And How can the SWAC get attendance up?

Unless you can squeeze another band or two in at halftimes, SWAC attendance/ interest will never be higher than it is now.

Oh lord I hope this doesn't turn into a SMACK thread.

Anyway, I say Memorial. I'll say why I choose Memorial last....But i'll start by saying several of the SWAC stadiums have their pluses...

Alabama A&M - Their stadium is one of the newest (them or uapb...can't remember who's the newest) and it is really nice. It's a nice facility. ...the only draw back is how far the stands are back from the field....It makes you feel so far away from the game. It's nice though.

Southern - Mumford would have to be considered in this discussion, because I think they possess the biggest home-field advantage. The improvements are nice too, but I wouldn't call it the best game day venue...

Alcorn - I like Jack Spinks as well. When Jack Spinks first opened it was state-of-the-art. They are keeping it up well too. It's a good game day environment down at the Corn. If you haven't been you should check it out.

UAPB - UAPB's stadium is nice also. The obvious drawback is the size.

But I say Memorial. I just see Memorial as the ultimate stage for Black College Football. There is not a bad seat in the house at Memorial. I don't know what it is about it. The stadium just creates such a good atmosphere. Those of you who have visited our home know that it's one of a kind. Not trying to be biased but Jackson State plays in the best game day venue.

Reasons SU has the best gameday environment.
1. Tailgaiting 1. in i-aa
2. fan base 1. in i-aa
3. Human Jukebox 1. in the country
4.Jumbo tron with replay largest system in i-aa.

Memorial ...........hands down. :slap:

Plenty of space outside -----------RV section, the tree covered grove --- To move around. Nobody's cramped for space EVEN WHEN IT'S JAMMED like last years Su -vs- JSU, Homecomming game or the CCC.

Inside is great. You have that big stadium that's "ON TOP" of the playing field. It's not sitting back 20 yards from the players. TV Monitors inside the consession stands below so you don't miss the action getting your LARGE COKE --HEAVY ICE and food.

SU A.W. Mumford Stadium hands down

1. Best tailgating
2. On a beautiful campus
3. Beautiful field
4. Jumbotron
5. Best fanbase

Something is in the air around Memorial on game day. lol.

ah... SUjagTILLiDIE, you must have forgotten...we are Jackson State ...no school in the swac can smack us on attendance....*shrug*.... :smash: ...duh...

NOISE TALKA said:
Something is in the air around Memorial on game day. lol.

ah... SUjagTILLiDIE, you must have forgotten...we are Jackson State ...no school in the swac can smack us on attendance....*shrug*.... :smash: ...duh...

Ya'll attendance hasn't been up to par lately.

right. lol. These folks love going to attendance..when that's the easiest topic for us. lol. Let the records speak for themselves.

We only have 2 more home games left. JSU WILL end the season atop the 1-AA in attendance....as usual. you heard it here first. *yawn*....now BACK TO THE TOPIC. gosh.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
lets all be honest now. Just don't pic your school.Give a honest answer.

I feel you....I'm sorry....Memorial is just the best to me. Did you come with Southern last year?
You can take the SU-JSU game for instance. I like the atmosphere better when it's in Jackson than I do when it's at the Superdome...

the years you lead us in attendence is the years that you play SU at home. Everyone knows SU brings 30,000-40,000 to memeriol every time we play you there. We bring Rvs and tailgaiters and take over your city. you know this ,I know this ,and everyone knows this. We lead the SWAC in home attendence last year and will do the same this year even with the increase in ticket prices. At our first home game there was 200 plus RV's. You cannot match this. We have video screen with replay with monitors in the restrooms and concession areas. You cannot match this. We play on our campus not in a rented stadium. you cannot match this. We have the best playing surface in the south. 1 million dollar playing surface. You cannot match this.period

I knew this was gonna turn into a smack thread....*sigh*....

Why can't we just have opinions. ...dayum. lol.

It's nothing to get upset about...the facts are their about attendance....Something like who has the best venue is based on OPINION...but the attendance is black and white....

JACKSON STATE HAS LED IN ATTENDANCE MORE YEARS THAN ANY 1-AA SCHOOL....PERIOD!

What is there to discuss....? lol.

2002 We were #1....Southern didn't come here that year.
Not to mention the ALL-TIME RECORD in 1-AA ATTENDANCE SET BY JACKSON STATE IN 1996.... ...another year Southern did not come here. lol. I think it was about 35,000.

smh.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND PLEASE PEOPLE. Just post your opinion...you aren't going to make anyone change theirs. DAYUM. lol.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
the years you lead us in attendence is the years that you play SU at home. Everyone knows SU brings 30,000-40,000 to memeriol every time we play you there. We bring Rvs and tailgaiters and take over your city. you know this ,I know this ,and everyone knows this. We lead the SWAC in home attendence last year and will do the same this year even with the increase in ticket prices. At our first home game there was 200 plus RV's. You cannot match this. We have video screen with replay with monitors in the restrooms and concession areas. You cannot match this. We play on our campus not in a rented stadium. you cannot match this. We have the best playing surface in the south. 1 million dollar playing surface. You cannot match this.period

We won the title in 2002 and SU did not come to Jackson. We were also second to Alcorn in 1996. This year's attendance depended on the NWState game. We don't inflate numbers and the only two games we have left are Valley and Homecoming. The LEAST our average home attendance will be this year is 16K.

back to the attendance smack again, huh?

:smh:

I guess when you can't win any games, you do stuff like that.

as for the question, I would say SU has the best game day atmosphere.

Back