Best Black College Football Classics/Rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAMU Alum said:
You do a lot of boasting for someone who is constantly latchin' on to other programs to try to lift yourself to some pedestal. A "real" big time program should be able to stand on it's own. You need to leave that big 3 isht alone!

You ain't been big nothin' in a loooong time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TP,
Man, why don't you stop doing this to yourself?

tierre said:
It was blamed on that, James Bell, and JSU/SU when they are down. You won't see that too often. And of course the AAMU/SU game had more people than the Alcorn/SU game, it was Southern's homecomming. The only thing AAMU has to count on is the MCC, and Homecomming. You can brag on a 70,000 game all you want, but can't draw 5,000 to a home game unless it is Southern, Grambling, or homecoming.

and even then, they only draw 6000 for SU and Grambling.....LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
tierre said:
It was blamed on that, James Bell, and JSU/SU when they are down. You won't see that too often. And of course the AAMU/SU game had more people than the Alcorn/SU game, it was Southern's homecomming. The only thing AAMU has to count on is the MCC, and Homecomming. You can brag on a 70,000 game all you want, but can't draw 5,000 to a home game unless it is Southern, Grambling, or homecomming.
I guess all them insects on your campus count towards your attendance.

tierre said:
It was blamed on that, James Bell, and JSU/SU when they are down. You won't see that too often. And of course the AAMU/SU game had more people than the Alcorn/SU game, it was Southern's homecomming. The only thing AAMU has to count on is the MCC, and Homecomming. You can brag on a 70,000 game all you want, but can't draw 5,000 to a home game unless it is Southern, Grambling, or homecomming.

How many 20,000 plus games do Y'ALL have down there? I guess you'll come here now and tell us that you average those numbers...other than vs. Southern or Gram.

There is one other thing we can count on....beatin' y'all!

I was gonna comment on the subject, but then i realized it was mostly AAMU folx talkin'. ... not interested in that. We are in two different leagues as far as fan support. lol.

---- but a side note:

If you are a SWAC school and most of your fans get Jackson State confused with Jacksonville State... wouldn't they be considered pretty ignorant.... ?

wow.

----

Thank God for MD and the Windsuit Gangstas (AAMU's only true fans. lol). The rest only show up for the Magic City Classic and think Jackson State is Jacksonville State.

Fan 1: "Ay, i thought we were in the conference with Jacksonville State"
Fan 2: *scratches head...*.... i on know.

DAHILL said:
was there more people at the AAMU-SU game this year than the SU-Alcorn? To be exact it was more people at the AAMU-SU game than the JSU-SU game. But that is blaimed on Katrina too???

Yeah. Homecoming would have more people. Katrina caused our attendance to dip significantly.

AAMU Alum said:
How many 20,000 plus games do Y'ALL have down there? I guess you'll come here now and tell us that you average those numbers...other than vs. Southern or Gram.

There is one other thing we can count on....beatin' y'all!

Check Alcorn's attendance. They take a dip for some reason as the season progresses but they draw about 15K yearly for AlaState and even when A&T came, they drew about 15K. You probably don't want to try to compare game day atmosphere with Alcorn. They may not have all 20K plus games but they shole draw double what AAMU draws.

NOISE TALKA said:
Thank God for MD and the Windsuit Gangstas (AAMU's only true fans. lol). The rest only show up for the Magic City Classic and think Jackson State is Jacksonville State.

You shole is right!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Tigerpride said:
Check Alcorn's attendance. They take a dip for some reason as the season progresses but they draw about 15K yearly for AlaState and even when A&T came, they drew about 15K. You probably don't want to try to compare game day atmosphere with Alcorn. They may not have all 20K plus games but they shole draw double what AAMU draws.
let's see, you held up the 10K you draw for a home game, now you're holding up the 15K Alcorn (the part-time member of your Big 3) draws for a home game, but yet you attempt to knock ASU for drawing 18K.
:snicker:
:scared:

NOISE TALKA said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

classic.

mighty hornet said:
let's see, you held up the 10K you draw for a home game, now you're holding up the 15K Alcorn (the part-time member of your Big 3) draws for a home game, but yet you attempt to knock ASU for drawing 18K.
:snicker:
:scared:

MH, I don't know why I waste internet space on you. I did not hold up 10K. I said we get 10K in a game that is NOT a big game for us. Don't try to twist words. I mentioned Alcorn's 15K becasue you and AAMU can't draw that. If A&T came to Montgomery or Normal, you would have to count everybody twice to get to 15K. Alcorn represents...no they don't have 3-4 big games like JSU but they have attendance titles and SWAC titles and draw better than a BAMA.

Also, you draw 18K for ONE game (that must be High School day where they count infants, toes, and err thang else). Alcorn draws 15K that for 2-3 games a year. But of course, just like your MCC 70K is better than JSU's 3 50K's, your 18K is better than Alcorn's 3 15K's. :rolleyes:

:jump:

bob and weave; bob and weave! Keep those gloves up let's see some foot work! :lol: :emlaugh:

mighty hornet said:
how soon you forget?
I just finished schooling you about what we draw vs *ram

again, I want to know what is behind that number. AAMU can't get 6K to a Gram game, yet you get 3X's that. I know GSU's band does not come so what are you counting? fingers and toes??

TP,
Gram has brought that raggedy band to Montgomery the last few times.

They know it's a big time game against the Hornets and they choose to be there for it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
TP,
*ram has brought that raggedy band to Montgomery the last few times.

They know it's a big time game against the Hornets and they choose to be there for it.

Dayum, so is Annie Mae that much more smalltime than ya'll? I thought you two were on the same level of "smalltimeness". I see that AAMU is to be grouped with Valley and Savannah State.

mines
1 Bayou
2state fair went lAST YEAR
3ATLANTA
4TIE FLORDIA CLASSIC AND MGC
5HAMTON VS NORFOLK FOR GOT WHAT IT IS CALLED
6CAPTIAL CITY CLSS
J7ACKSON VS TNSU

THIS IS MY OPINION

lakeith2k1 said:
mines
1 Bayou
2state fair went lAST YEAR
3ATLANTA
4TIE FLORDIA CLASSIC AND MGC
5HAMTON VS NORFOLK FOR GOT WHAT IT IS CALLED
6CAPTIAL CITY CLSS
J7ACKSON VS TNSU

THIS IS MY OPINION

uuuum :lmao:

I have not been to the Fish Bowl and The FC, because the folks who invite us are Big Time Republicans Friends. It is hard to socialize with Republicans. I have been to all the other classics and MD had a ball at every one of them. I didn't get into this best classic thing because too many Republicans are expressing opinions about who has the best classic. All the Classics make money is the bottom line and the second thing is when MD attend I can wake up on Sunday and say I saw some great friends; I had a great time and I spent all the cash money I had in my pockets. We will never agree on who has the best Classic, because when I go to a classic, I always leave broke. Now if I take some cash back home, I feel like my time was wasted. I can recall leaving the MCC with a few pennies in my pockets and I threw them away so I could leave broke. When you leave broke, you can all claim you been to the greatest classic.

,,,, you know, as a non-biased observer of the SWAC (SIAC undergrad, MEAC grad school), it is AMAZING to me the vitriol directed towards ASU and A&M. they seem to have done well as new comers to the "vaunted" SWAC so i would not be so quick to dismiss the "Bamas" if i were yall,,, heck they own most of the indigeonous SWAC schools, JSU included(now that may change what wit Comegy taking over at JSU, but das a discussion for another day, so please.).

There are so many great classics it's hard to pick other than from a biased position. Generally I'd like to see games between the following:

Other: Tuskegee(Albany State/Ft Valley), Tennessee State

vs

MEAC: A&T, FAMU, Howard or SC State/Bethune

vs

SWAC: ASU, AAMU, Southern, Grambling, Jackson State

Any of these enterconference math-ups I'd like to see. whatever happened to Savanah State by the way?

Get Ready said:
There were more JSU fans in Huntsville in 05 than A&M fans.
Thats not saying much. But we had more fans.

lol at this silliness...

I guess JSU also scored more points than we did...

no im not...and you know it
you guys are just not a fan friendly school.
The mcc is just the one change a year the black folks near Bham have something to do. But more power to you.

Please forward to the "most of the people at AAMU" Dahill was referring to...

SWAC MEMBER INSTITUTIONS:

Alabama A&M
Alabama State
Alcorn State
Arkansas Pine Bluff
Grambling State
Jackson State
Miss. Valley
Prairie View A&M
Southern Univ.
Texas Southern

Not in the SWAC: Jacksonville State

I don't know... I think they can catch on... Just try to get the word out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back