Best Black College Football Classics/Rivalries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sting said:
You don't have a rivalry opponent that you play every year that attracts close to 70,000 either.

Because we have more than one game to go to. If ALL of our fans went to ONE game, we would have 70K too. sheesh.

Tigerpride said:
LOL...what are we arguing about? I think this is all about the BAMA's getting mad at the intitial posts not mentioning the MCC in the top 3. I simply stated my reasons why I THINK that is the case. Maybe if you all had not been so defensive after 5 posts, people would have actually ranked the MCC higher. Notice that the first few posts were from Old school SWAC who probably identify with SU, JSU, Gram and Alcorn games.
fact is fact...#1 attended game in the SWAC this year... I know you are pro Alcorn since you grew up close but FACT is Alcorn wont be in a game the magnitude of the MCC for MANY years ahead.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
Because we have more than one game to go to. If ALL of our fans went to ONE game, we would have 70K too. sheesh.

IF "IF" was a 5th... you know the rest.

mighty hornet said:
and to think, you just posted "Also, don't try to brag up on an 18K game"

:smh::smh::smh:

uuum, but where did I count the AAMU game as a big JSU game? DaHill (for some odd reason) asked me about the JSU-AAMU game.

Tigerpride said:
ummm no you won't. Yall aint got the facility to hold such a game.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PsychoJag said:
The only reason the MCC had the #1 attendance this year was because of Katrina.
Well maybe you can brag NEXT year then ... but THIS year the MCC has the #1 attendence for SWAC games.

mighty hornet said:
ummm TP,
In typical fashion, once you are presented the facts that destroy your assumptions, you attempt to change the standard.

:tup:

And one would think that rather than just stopping, (to avoid making an even bigger imp out of himself) he persists with his foolish ramblings and spins.

po tp.
:smh: :smh: :smh:

DAHILL said:
fact is fact...#1 attended game in the SWAC this year... I know you are pro Alcorn since you grew up close but FACT is Alcorn wont be in a game the magnitude of the MCC for MANY years ahead.

Regardless, Alcorn has more big games than AAMU. They have JSU, SU and Grambling. They also have bigger home crowds. You all's pride and joy is the MCC. Your schedule does have other games you know??

PsychoJag said:
The only reason the MCC had the #1 attendance this year was because of Katrina.

I don't agree with this. The classic is growing and is very popular among its constituents.

Tigerpride said:
Regardless, Alcorn has more big games than AAMU. They have JSU, SU and Grambling.

Last time I looked, AAMU plays Gram and SU also.

Please stop it, tp. Just when I think you can't make a bigger fool of yourself, you go and post something like that mess above.

For your own sake....I beseech of you, STOP! :smh: You get sadder and sadder with each additional post.

:smh:

Great Aphrodite...someone please send help! :smh:

AAMU Alum said:
Last time I looked, AAMU plays Gram and SU also.

If you think your GSU and SU games are the magnitude of an Alcorn matchup, you need to excuse yourself from this thread.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
If you think your GSU and SU games are the magnitude of an Alcorn matchup, you need to excuse yourself from this thread.
was there more people at the AAMU-SU game this year than the SU-Alcorn? To be exact it was more people at the AAMU-SU game than the JSU-SU game. But that is blaimed on Katrina too???

Tigerpride said:

This from someone who's been posting the kind of simple-minded mess you've been posting here. Talk about an oxymoron, with emphasis on "moron."

Read Dahill's post very carefully...and very slowly.

DAHILL said:
was there more people at the AAMU-SU game this year than the SU-Alcorn? To be exact it was more people at the AAMU-SU game than the JSU-SU game. But that is blaimed on Katrina too???

You are right but:

1.) is that typical?
2.) YOU were Homecoming
3.) SU fans are like JSU fans, their support drops when losing. They came into the JSU game 1-3. They stadium normally cannot hold the JSU game...hence it moved to New Orleans. The year before Alcorn-SU drew 32K at Alcorn.
4.) I think Katrina had an affect on SU's attendance all year. Don't you think they had a couple of thousand coming from NO every year??

AAMU Alum said:
This from someone who's been posting the kind of simple-minded mess you've been posting here. Talk about an oxymoron, with emphasis on "moron."

Read Dahill's post very carefully...and very slowly.

AGAIN, if you THINK that your SU game compares to that of JSU and Alcorn, start a thread about it to see what the SU fans have to say...then excuse yourself from this thread.

Tigerpride said:
You are right but:

1.) is that typical?
2.) YOU were Homecoming
3.) SU fans are like JSU fans, their support drops when losing. They came into the JSU game 1-3. They stadium normally cannot hold the JSU game...hence it moved to New Orleans. The year before Alcorn-SU drew 32K at Alcorn.
4.) I think Katrina had an affect on SU's attendance all year. Don't you think they had a couple of thousand coming from NO every year??

How dumb!!

Do you think that SU folks will come here and say that the AAMU-SU game has NOT become an important game? If so, you're a bigger kook than I imagined.

We've been homecoming everytime we've gone to SU since we've been in this league. And what difference would that make? Since the SU folks turn out in great numbers for their games, whether or not it's homecoming wouldn't have had any effect.

You do a lot of boasting for someone who is constantly latchin' on to other programs to try to lift yourself to some pedestal. A "real" big time program should be able to stand on it's own. You need to leave that big 3 isht alone!

You ain't been big nothin' in a loooong time.

AAMU Alum said:
How dumb!!

Do you think that SU folks will come here and say that the AAMU-SU game has NOT become an important game? If so, you're a bigger kook than I imagined.

We've been homecoming everytime we've gone to SU since we've been in this league. And what difference would that make? Since the SU folks turn out in great numbers for their games, whether or not it's homecoming wouldn't have had any effect.

You do a lot of boasting for someone who is constantly latchin' on to other programs to try to lift yourself to some pedestal. A "real" big time program should be able to stand on it's own. You need to leave that big 3 isht alone!

You ain't been big nothin' in a loooong time.

Ummm, it that is the case, you ain't been nothing ever because if you talking about championships, you have none and if you talking about head to head...I hope you don't call 3 years a long time.

Dude, Homecoming makes a DIFFERENCE. That's like playing PV for Homecoming and drawing 20K and then JSU the next week and draw 5K and declare PV the bigger draw. SU draws well every year but they fell off last year. If you think that more of their fans would show up to see AAMU over Alcorn, you are nuts. Also, Alcorn fans travel to Baton Rouge.

DAHILL said:

It was blamed on that, James Bell, and JSU/SU when they are down. You won't see that too often. And of course the AAMU/SU game had more people than the Alcorn/SU game, it was Southern's homecomming. The only thing AAMU has to count on is the MCC, and Homecomming. You can brag on a 70,000 game all you want, but can't draw 5,000 to a home game unless it is Southern, Grambling, or homecomming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back