ASU rips Jackson to claim crown

Both are good coaches and recruiters.....

But be on the lookout for Coach Warmley at AAMU.... injuries killed us this year...we had 3 starters from last year redshirt this year because of season ending injuries in preason.... thus causing us to have an up and down season. Next year we will have the 2002 Ms. Alabama runner up and 5a player of the year Christine Scales She led her Athens High team to 3 state championships and the longest win streak in Alabama History (over 70 games). She picked AAMU over Alabama and AU. She had to sit out this year due to ACT score. (BTW, mh she worked Kitt in the Final Four when Athens played BC Rain) :) And we will also have our 6'5 big body center who tore here acl during preason. We didnt have the height to deal with JSU this year and we beat Bama State and lost in OT in the second came this year.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
bahaahahahaha
ahahahahahaha

divert huh?
Two of Freda's recruits won those awards!
Just like another of Freda's recruits won it last year!
Heck, just like Freda won the SWAC tournament last year!!!!
:lol::lol:

TP,
Give it up kid. It's obvious that Taylor aint reached Freda's level.

A championship game and yall got completely WORKED!!! I mean, this is one of those games where they should have used a running clock!!!
32 point lead with 7 minutes to go?????? :eek::eek:
dayum!!!

Dude, this is not the SMACK board so keep it clean. I won't deny that Freda holds the series lead and that Freda has the most critical wins....but it is still young in this rivalry. Freda spent years getting whooped. You can't say that about Taylor. All you can say is 2 outta 3!!! :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Tigerpride
Freda spent years getting whooped.
ummm Freda has won since her first year.
Keep it real

and ummm DAHILL,
like I told TP, let's keep it in the present.
That's all we know. (other than the past)

Keep it real

and ummm DAHILL,

this past year we beat ASU and lost in OT to the co champs... that is the present. Girls bball at AAMU has come up (even though you may not be able to tell by record)

Keep it real

and ummm DAHILL,

Not championships!!!

5-1 record and fresh off an EMPHATIC win in a championship game.

Her leading players (which are the SWAC's leading players) will be back next year too. Taylor's leading players won't be back. See, that's the difference. Freda has established a great program. Taylor has had a couple of good teams.

Originally posted by DAHILL
this past year we beat ASU and lost in OT to the co champs... that is the present. Girls bball at AAMU has come up (even though you may not be able to tell by record)
AAMU womens bball has come up I think they're going to suprise some teams in the SWAC tourney

5-1 record and fresh off an EMPHATIC win in a championship game.

Her leading players (which are the SWAC's leading players) will be back next year too. Taylor's leading players won't be back. See, that's the difference. Freda has established a great program. Taylor has had a couple of good teams.

Well MH, just because your leading players won't be back that does not mean that team with go for a 3-peat.

Never said it was, but don't try to act as if it's not a big deal when you lose your top players and return none who have accomplished what the previous ones did.

This isn't a knock on Taylor, it was simply pointing out how Freda has shaped a solid program where it should be competing at the top level for a while.
As opinionated as you are, I thought you knew how a good "program" operates.

Freda has established a great program. Taylor has had a couple of good teams.

MH, now even you, with your sporadic logic, must admit that Taylor has built a program in her short span at JSU.

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
MH, now even you, with your sporadic logic, must admit that Taylor has built a program in her short span at JSU.
When Wms and Lee leave then that will be the test. Again, a couple of good seasons with upperclassmen is not the measure of whether a program is good or not.

As I mentioned on that other thread, we return a lot of young players who should have no problem stepping up to the plate in place of Amie and Lee. We have four freshmen in the rotation who saw valuable PT. We are a very young team, but still managed to win 20 games.

And unless those girls don't progress, next year is a reloading year, not a rebuilding one, which you may think. That is the true mark of a program.

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
And unless those girls don't progress, next year is a reloading year, not a rebuilding one, which you may think. That is the true mark of a program.
Exactly and Freda has already reached that point where she's reloading. I mean, she lost the SWAC Player of the Year last year. But this year, she has another SWAC Player of the Year. Along with another girl who's the SWAC Newcomer of the Year.
Things like that are indicators of a sound program.

Not smacking, but JSU aint at that level yet. Again, yall have had a couple of good seasons. And the leaders of those good seasons are seniors now.

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Well, that's what they are.

No smack intended....but isn't it a bit hollow when 2 of your 3 conf. losses are to the actual regular season champs? jus' askin':swink:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Again, yall have had a couple of good seasons.

Taylor ain't been here but a couple seasons MH.

And the leaders of those good seasons are seniors now.

Dude, go back and read what you were just saying about having a sound program. You said yourself that Freda lost a POY and came back with another POY.... and a Newcomer of the Year! Why can't Taylor have similiar success? Is ASU the only school that can lose good players and reload with more good players?

Taylor has built a "sound" program too believe it or not. It's not built soley on Williams and Lee. We have 100% confidence in the players waiting to step up. You will have to wait until next season to see what I'm talking about.

All this talk coming up kinda late.

Guess yall needed to regroup after ASU whooped JSU by 22!
:snicker:

and my point about seniors, went over your head.

I'll put it like this-----

Next year, Freda will still have the SWAC Player of the Year and the SWAC Newcomer of the Year.

Does Taylor return players with similar credentials?

and my point about seniors, went over your head.

I'll put it like this-----

Next year, Freda will still have the SWAC Player of the Year and the SWAC Newcomer of the Year.

Does Taylor return players with similar credentials?

Obviously my point went way over your head. You cannot be this simple.

Dude, did yall come into this season with the reigning SWAC POY of the year? No!

Did yall come into this season with the reigning SWAC Newcomer of the Year? No!

Both girls earned these awards over the course of this season. Can Taylor's returnees not duplicate these accomplishments next season?

Your analysis of what I was saying is irrelevant to this debate. You keep bringing up the fact that we lose Amie and Lee as if that will destroy our program. But I try to explain to you that we have a sound program and good returning players capable of filling the void. Yes you have both those girls coming back. But coming into this season, you didn't have they didn't have these lofty accomplishments under their belts, much like Taylor's returnees will be (entering next season). But just as your two girls came in and stepped up, I'm trying to explain to you that we have girls capable of doing the same. Do you understand this concept?

wrong
coming into the season, ASU was returning its 2nd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder, girls who had made All-SWac, a previous Freshman of the Year in the Swac

now show me the accolades of players returning next year to JSU. (and please, NO high school stuff)

MH, we are only losing 2 players who contributed. We are returning 8 other players who contributed regularly. Their numbers and minutes weren't as high as Lee and Williams b/c those 2 were our senior leaders this year. It was their team but these 7 returnees played a very key role in our success. They will have that much needed experience going into next season and they've been apart of a winning program. That is what having a sound program is all about dude.... having players ready to step in and step up when it's their turn! It wasn't their turn this year.

Why wasn't Kitt the POY last season? Because she was an underclassman playing her role behind a senior leader. It wasn't her turn then. But when it was her time to step up this year, she did just that.... and was named POY. I'm not saying we have next year's POY on our team, but we are completely confident in our girls' ability to step up their roles next season when it's time. Anyone close to our womens' program will tell you this. If I was at all concerned, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this. I know what they can do. I go to their games bruh. I go to their practices.

We can sit here and debate this all day but the fact of the matter is that you haven't even seen my girls play and you'll have to wait until next season to see what I'm talking about. I'm sure you're already anticipating next season anyway though.

I stand by everything I said.

It's real easy to say that you'll have girls to step up next year. They just may do that. But then again, they just may not.
Fact is, your 2 leading players won't be there and the girls you have remaining haven't proven a thing, at this point.

Originally posted by Prodigy
Just keep waiting 'til next season bruh. (like you're doing now) ;)

Po Freda!! Getting whooped by Valley.... Next season's ASU flop has already began. It is sad when every sport at a school only lives to beat JSU. ....then they flop. :(

Originally posted by Tigerpride
It is sad when every sport at a school only lives to beat JSU.
And we beat you like a drum.
In every sport.
and because of that, yall simply hate ASU!

again, congrats to Freda and the SWAC Regular Season Champions, Lady Hornets!!!!!!
the way they caught JSU an

Back