ASU rips Jackson to claim crown

CONGRATS TO THE LADY HORNETS!!!!!!

Thought this game would be close, but it was a blowout from start to finish!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek::eek:

For all those who doubted Freda, well.......

PLUS, the Lady Hornets have the SWAC Player of the Year and the SWAC Newcomer of the Year!!!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet,

You coulda coached them to a win last night. I don't think the lady Tigers coulda beaten a Jr. High girls team last night.

The only way I stayed awake was watching all them fine arse Bama girls. :eek:

Congrats to the Lady Hornets. :tup:

Originally posted by Robber
mighty hornet,

You coulda coached them to a win last night. I don't think the lady Tigers coulda beaten a Jr. High girls team last night.

Robber.... me and Noise Talka have been going on an all out debate over whos arena is bigger (without what the numbers say) between JSU and ASU.... tell me which one you think is larger.

Originally posted by DAHILL
Robber.... me and Noise Talka have been going on an all out debate over whos arena is bigger (without what the numbers say) between JSU and ASU.... tell me which one you think is larger.
You're talking square shape compared to a round shape. Capacity at the AAC is about 8500. I heard capacity at the Acadome is over 8000. They are probably about the same as far as capacity goes. Hard to say.

But considering that the Acadome is an absolute FIRST CLASS facility, the debate is pointless. I'd take the Acadome over any basketball facility I've ever been in.

Let'snot forget

First I would like to say congrats to the lady Hornets as well, it should be an exciting tournament this year.

I like the Acadome as well for basketball, it is a first class facility. The design for the AAC was not just for basketball, it's also a facility that's able to host indoor track meets, which kind of took away from basketball; until the rearranged the lower seating this year.

Originally posted by Robber
mighty hornet,

Dayum Ninja you told have told me u was coming to the game....coulda got you some real BBQ

exactly Robber,

That's the same thing I said. It's definetly nicer than the AAC. That's no question....but I think CJ skipped school the day they talked about shapes. lmao.

oh yea....

WE'RE CO-CHAMPS

I get the feeling that this topic here on ASU's women bball team won't be reaching 5 pages.

Nothing like action on the court to shut a few mouths up!!!!!!
:D

Originally posted by mighty hornet
I get the feeling that this topic here on ASU's women bball team won't be reaching 5 pages.

WAY TO GO LADY HORNETS!!!
That performance Sat. night left no doubt who's champ. NOY, Latoya Johnson....:eek: :eek: :eek: That girl crossed over more 'sippi ankles than the traffic cop at the local elementary school during the morning rush....omg! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taylor has two championships in 3 years.. I'll take that over what Freda has any day. 2/3 is beter than 2/6....and Freda has YET to capture a womens title without being co-champion. Taylor will keep it all to herself next year.

Freda is 5-1 vs Taylor now.

And in a game when jsue could have been sole champions, ASU DESTROYED jsue. Up by 21 at halftime!!! Led by 32 points in the 2nd half!!!!!!!

trust me, Taylor just aint got to the point where Freda is!!

and you cant be silly enough to start that "next year" mess, when Taylor is losing her top players. The SWAC Player of the Year and the SWAC Newcomer of the Year will both be back for Freda next year.

trust me, Taylor just aint got to the point where Freda is!!

Agreed, but the opinion still remains that Taylor has not had time to put her stamp the program. In the end, Taylor is gonna rule the SWAC and Freda will be trying to keep up.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

and you cant be silly enough to start that "next year" mess, when Taylor is losing her top players. The SWAC Player of the Year and the SWAC Newcomer of the Year will both be back for Freda next year.

MH,

You can run off about player this and that but we return a TEAM next year.

"I'm so proud of these young ladies for putting themselves in this position," said Taylor, who has guided her team to 61 wins and three straight winning seasons since arriving at JSU. "We were picked No. 1 in the preseason, so we couldn't sneak up on anybody. We had to take everybody's best shot. For us to win it again, especially considering all the young players we've got, is huge for this program.

NOBODY knows what the future holds

but the results Freda have gotten can't be denied.

just like the results from Saturday night!!!!!!!

A 22 point win with a championship on the line!!!!!!
and Kitt only scored 13

For once, be objective.

With 10 minutes left in the half, ASU led 19-5.

With six minutes to play, the Lady Hornets were up 25-9.

"We knew we had to play tough, on-the-ball defense and that's what we did," guard Latoya Johnson said. "Once we got started, we just got the momentum and kept it."

By halftime, ASU was up 35-14 and had things well in hand.

Still, the Lady Hornets didn't let up.

Their lead ballooned to as many as 32 points before both coaches emptied their benches with about seven minutes to play.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY knows what the future holds

but the results Freda have gotten can't be denied.

just like the results from Saturday night!!!!!!!

A 22 point win with a championship on the line!!!!!!
and Kitt only scored 13

For once, be objective.

You are right, no one know what the future holds but I like Taylors odd...2 outta 3 ain't bad. Yes, she needs to beat AlaState but that will come in time. I honestly don' t think that any SWAC women's coach can out recruit Taylor.

Originally posted by Tigerpride

"I'm so proud of these young ladies for putting themselves in this position," said Taylor, who has guided her team to 61 wins and three straight winning seasons since arriving at JSU. "We were picked No. 1 in the preseason, so we couldn't sneak up on anybody. We had to take everybody's best shot. For us to win it again, especially considering all the young players we've got, is huge for this program.

was that quote before or after Saturday night????

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Yes, she needs to beat AlaState but that will come in time. I honestly don' t think that any SWAC women's coach can out recruit Taylor.
since you have nothing to show that Taylor can beat Freda, now I see you're on to saying that Taylor can outrecruit Freda.

I'm looking at the Player of the Year, Freshman of the year, and Newcomer of the year. Please point to some of Taylor's recruits!

MH,

Did Freda recruit players good enough to bring her a championship by year 2 and year 3??? At JSU, this is only the beginning.

bahaahahahaha
ahahahahahaha

divert huh?
Two of Freda's recruits won those awards!
Just like another of Freda's recruits won it last year!
Heck, just like Freda won the SWAC tournament last year!!!!
:lol::lol:

TP,
Give it up kid. It's obvious that Taylor aint reached Freda's level.

A championship game and yall got completely WORKED!!! I mean, this is one of those games where they should have used a running clock!!!
32 point lead with 7 minutes to go?????? :eek::eek:
dayum!!!

Back