Are We Rooting For or Against Hampton and North Carolina A&T?

Its

HBCUs v everybody ELSE

for me

360_F_384121608_i4vWj7wt4G9Ac5KVfsR2sEjWYUJIGhWp.jpg

Split..and it aint a great amount unless you have a good run in the tournament. It's always been funny to me though how folks pick and choose what they get mad at. The same folks that will say A&T and Hampton killed the MEAC will ignore the 2 other schools that left because of where they ended up. No one wants to just say it but that's what it is. What's always confused me is, if no one cares about playing white folks, why do so many hold that dream of moving up to FBS as a conference? Who you gonna play? lol.

Or does the CB then just change from an FCS bowl to an FBS bowl? Also, no one ever wants to talk about how horribly the MEAC was run and then act outraged when teams look elsewhere. Where else should they have gone... the SWAC? And stretched the conference from Virginia to Texas? The travel would've been even worse than the MEAC. Now, the thing that actually matters is athletically, and I do mean all sports, are they in a worse conference than they left? Then ya can't really be mad.

Any team in this country would fully accept getting beaten to sleep every other week if they could get into the SEC or the Big 10 vs the conference that they're in right now. They get more opportunities by default and you can now recruit on their level with the right staff.
Bad decisions by the MEAC caused the MEAC to be in the in the situation that they are in. Remember that the MEAC started off as a D2 conference and the plan was to move up as a conference (which they did), but MEAC leadership decided to make the move early and a few schools backed out and thus that lead to them bringing in the FAMU and BCU into the conference to prevent the conference from folding. It was known locally that Hampton was wanting to move to a PWI conference in the 1980s, so the question becomes why did the MEAC let Hampton into the conference to begin with knowing that they was going to jet as soon as they was let into the conference that would become the CAA. Also, once Coppin State dropped football they tried to move down to D2, but the CIAA did not take them back and thus they had no choice but to stay in the MEAC.

It seems like the current MEAC leadership, still did not learn their lesson about footprint, as they was ready to bring in Chicago State University into the conference if they had football with no additional revenue to make up for the increase in travel in all sports.

Back