AAMU -vs- Oakland in play in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
MACBFAC said:
Typical response from your simple ass. Can't even have an adult debate.
Again congratulations

Yet you're the one that's cussing. :rolleyes:

Its not my fault that Bama State went in as a 16 seed just to play Duke and lose. When you think like a LOSER, you will most likely act like a LOSER.
I hope the university doesnt share your view on their Tourny birth last year.

AAMU comes to WIN, not just PLAY!!!!

BandFan said:
Yet you're the one that's cussing. :rolleyes:

Its not my fault that Bama State went in as a 16 seed just to play Duke and lose. When you think like a LOSER, you will most likely act like a LOSER.
I hope the university doesnt share your view on their Tourny birth last year.

AAMU comes to WIN, not just PLAY!!!!
ok BF :rolleyes:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
BandFan said:
:smh:

This came out of your mouth, not mine.
Yep I said that...We knew we were going up against the No.! team in America. We never said they were weakest team or never said they were primed for the upset.......Bruh come on Dude just trying to keep real....

Congrats to the Bulldogs! They were the best team this week.

I will be watching on Tuesday night from family room. I am all basketballed-out after this week in Birmingham. :sleep2:

mighty hornet said:

doesn't make walking around sense. Their offense (inside and outside) would cause all kinds of problems.

Let's not overlook Oakland though.
That's what I'm trying to tell this dude but you know......Hope Springs Eternal

MACBFAC said:
Yep I said that...We knew we were going up against the No.! team in America. We never said they were weakest team or never said they were primed for the upset.......Bruh come on Dude just trying to keep real....

...............yeah REAL simple.

That thinking shows that you dont think that ASU could ever win the tourney and you're fine by that. Making the tourney is good, but winning the Tourney is GREAT. And untill YOU stop feeling that your school (2004 SWAC Champions) is infereior to Whitey's school, then maybe you can ACHEIVE greatness.

Slave mentality at its best.

MACBFAC said:
How is that Slave mentality
MAC,
Consider the source, bruh. LOL!

Good luck A&M

and band fan,
if you're a betting man, if A&M plays UNC, let me be first in line since you think A&M can win the tournament.
:scared:

MACBFAC said:
How is that Slave mentality ......but ok whatever.....don't get caught looking ahead

If I have to explain it, then you are more lost than I thought.

"Before you can ACHEIVE on the outside, you must know you can ACHEIVE on the inside."
If you dont take anything else from this Thread take that.

mighty hornet said:
MAC,
Consider the source, bruh. LOL!

Good luck A&M

and band fan,
if you're a betting man, if A&M plays UNC, let me be first in line since you think A&M can win the tournament.
:scared:

No doubt.

Back to the Thread: Good Luck AAMU, we got FAITH in you.

Doesnt Obie Trotter lead Divsion 1 in Steals??????

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
J-State said:
Congrats to the Bulldogs! They were the best team this week.

I will be watching on Tuesday night from family room. I am all basketballed-out after this week in Birmingham. :sleep2:

Good seeing you at the tourney all weekend. It was a great win for the Bulldogs, and it was our turn to take it all. Maybe, JSU will have a turn soon.

From the Oakland Press (suburan Detroit newspaper - not Oakland U's student paper).

This was the lead story on front page of print edition...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/031405/loc_20050314010.shtml

This story was in sports section...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/031405/col_20050314024.shtml

Oakland pumped about play-in tilt

Web-posted Mar 14, 2005

By PAULA PASCHE
Of The Daily Oakland Press

ROCHESTER HILLS - No one knew for sure except the bracket masters, but the folks at Oakland University had a good feeling they would be in the NCAA play-in game matching the 64th and 65th teams.
Advertisement

That is exactly what happened when the NCAA tournament brackets were announced Sunday.

The Oakland men's basketball team will make its first NCAA tournament appearance on Tuesday night in Dayton, Ohio, against Alabama A&M, Sunday's winner of the SWAC tournament.

The winner will play No. 1 seed North Carolina on Friday night in Charlotte, N.C.

Tuesday's nationally televised game will be the only college basketball on TV that night. The Grizzlies crave the attention and also the proximity to home.

"I'm hoping it's a big advantage," Oakland coach Greg Kampe said. "That's one of the reasons we wanted that game. Our students, we're building a reputation here, we're trying to do something special. Now, it gives them a chance to go. If we had been in Albuquerque or something, it wouldn't have been the same. I know we're going to have student buses.

"It's the best scenario that we could get.''

Plenty of tickets for Tuesday night are still available for $10. Call the University of Dayton ticket office at (937) 229-4433.

While a No. 16 seed never has beaten a No. 1 seed, the Grizzlies are not shy about wanting that matchup.

"I knew it was going to come down to Duke or North Carolina. So that's like jumping in a fire, you don't know which one is going to burn you faster,'' Kampe said. "I like North Carolina or Duke because those are the most storied programs and are going to draw the most attention.

"They also could be the most dangerous. If we get there, we're going to have to play."

But first Oakland has to get by Alabama A&M, which Kampe said will not be easy.

In fact, he could not bear watching A&M's championship game when it beat Alabama State on Sunday.

"When they got up 15 or 16 early in the second half, that's when I saw enough. This was too good of a day to start being nervous,'' Kampe said. "My staff stayed in there, I walked out. That was their job to stay in there and they could throw up. I wasn't going to throw up.''

Senior forward Cortney Scott sat through the whole game.

"We have to go in with a mind-set to slow them down a little bit. They get up and down the floor real well,'' Scott said.

The Grizzlies offer no apologies for being in the tournament with a 12-18 record. They played by the rules and are thrilled to be in this new situation.

In the past, senior Rawle Marshall had one thought about No. 16 seeds going up against No. 1s.

"I wonder how much they're going to get beat by. Now, I know what those other teams were feeling,'' Marshall said. "They probably went into the game knowing if they played good, they'd have a chance to win. And that's what we're going to do.''

Like Scott said, "Anything can happen in March.''

OU's opponent: Alabama A&M

n Location: Huntsville, Ala.

n Coach: L. Vann Pettaway

n Record: 18-13

n NCAA record: 0-0

n Entry to tournament: Southwest Athletic Conference tournament champion.

n Best regular-season win: 96-93 at Alabama State on Feb. 12.

n Key players: G Obie Trotter (14.8 pts., 3.9 steals) G/F Joe Martin (13.3 pts., 7.7 reb.), F Andrew Matthews (6.2 pts., 5.5 reb.).

n Did you know?: Trotter's 3.9 steals per game lead the nation.

Thanks for the link Golden. I will be in the house cheering my "Dawgs" on. I left my shaker.......that's alright because everyone will know I am a "Dawg!
I am praying the "Dawgs" win so they can get the all of the "SWAC" exposure needed to recruit.

Ludwig(lud-vig) Van Pettaway! That's a cool name. The annoucers love that name. The ESPN announcers said that Coach Pettaway parents loved Beethoven.

STC_60 said:
I don't know !!! UNC is the most underachieving team i have EVER esaw. Whether its bad coaching with terrific talent or players simply nutting up under pressure. I think unc can be beat early. Might not be aamu but they can play thier game and get unc out of theirs.

Dude, you've got to be kidding. Nutting up against Ga Tech who played in the NCAA championship last year aint underachieving. I guess Duke is the same way for getting swept by Maryland who is NIT bound. SMH.

I am pulling for AAMU against Oakland and to play a respectable game against UNC. But aint no way unless all the UNC starters get hurt that they will lose in the first round to anybody.

mighty hornet said:

doesn't make walking around sense. Their offense (inside and outside) would cause all kinds of problems.

Let's not overlook Oakland though.

Co-Sign. It is amazing how we put school pride over common sense. I would love to see SU beat a UNC or Duke. But unless we have the players of SWAC yesteryear I know it aint happening now. Heck we need to start beating those teams outside the conference that are lower -tier teams that we schedule before we get all giddy about playing a No. 1 seed. Maybe if we do that we would not have to play a play in game thus not being in the unenviable position of having to play a UNC or Duke type club in the first round.

My cousin, who is a Bulldog alum and lives near Dayton, is in Dog heaven. :winkgrin: I'm trying to see if I can get off tomorrow afternoon - if so, I'm gonna make that 3 hr ride (it's only 180 miles from here but the highway patrol in Ohio is outrageous). I went over to Youngstown to support FAMU in their fball playoff quest the other year - I'm gonna try to do the same for the Pups... :)

Oh, how I wish I could get to Dayton tomorrow. The band is leaving in about 2 hours, and I think the ACRG Group will be loading up in another few hours as well.

I'm looking at possibly going to Charlotte on Friday if we get past Oakland tomorrow.

Too bad my brother moved from there to Michigan three years ago. :(.

UNC is the worst case senirio for AAMU. Unc and aamu play the same style ball and UNC has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better athletes. AAMU best chance would have been a team that likes to slow the ball down and play half court. Then if aamu would have made it an uptempo game they would have had a chance. But against those 6 nba players noway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back