2024 Olympic Track and Field Schedule

Noah Lyles is my favorite to win the 100m. Sha'Carri Richardson is the main favorite to win it for the women, and I earlier picked Shericka Jackson. However, Jackson will not run the 100m. Sanya Richards-Ross and Alto Bolden said watch out for Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred. There is also Africa's fastest woman Marie-Josee Ta Lou-Smith of the Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire).

I thought that the women's race was more wide open. (Has father time caught up with Shelley-Anne Fraser-Price?) However, I now think that the men's sprints are more wide open.

Here are a few more British athletes. I think the British women (and maybe their men) will win some medals.

Those who think that they can take on or beat up these ladies may want to think twice about that.

Desirèe Henry, Daryll Neita, and Annie Tagoe

Last edited:
4 x 400 mixed relay

Femke Bol of the Netherlands is as good as advertised. BTW the U.S. anchor ran a 49.2 split. Bol ran a sub 47.93 split.

Note to self: Watch the women's 400m hurdles.

Last edited:
Ages

Julien Alfred 23
Kaylyn Brown 19
Tia Clayton 19 (soon to be 20, birthday August 17)
Melissa Jefferson 23
Sha'Carri Richardson 24
Twanisha "TeeTee" Terry 25

Ages

Julien Alfred 23
Kaylyn Brown 19
Tia Clayton 19 (soon to be 20, birthday August 17)
Melissa Jefferson 23
Sha'Carri Richardson 24
Twanisha "TeeTee" Terry 25
Shericka Jackson 30
Elaine Thompson-Herah 32
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce 37

At one time, these 3 ladies from Jamaica swept the medals. This year, neither one even came close. Shericka and Elaine did not even bother to run. Shelly ran the first round, and then withdrew. There were Jamaicans on these message boards who though that Jamaica was gonna sweep the podium again this year. SMH!! Sometimes I think Jamaicans talk just to hear themselves talk. I keep reminding them, father time is undefeated.

Last edited:
It is true. Father time is undefeated and will be for sometime to come. The U.S. had to say good-bye to its sprint queens (Allyson Felix, Sanya-Richards-Ross, Carmelita Jeter, and Natasha Hastings) the last decade. Jamaica has to eventually say good bye to its sprint queens.

The U.S. has athletes that are following its past stars. Jamaica has some up and coming stars to follow its past stars. Tia Clayton is one of them.

Last edited:
Shericka Jackson 30
Elaine Thompson-Herah 32
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce 37

At one time, these 3 ladies from Jamaica swept the medals. This year, neither one even came close. Shericka and Elaine did not even bother to run. Shelly ran the first round, and then withdrew. There were Jamaicans on these message boards who though that Jamacia was gonna sweep the podium again this year. SMH!! Sometimes I think Jamaicans talk just to hear themselves talk. I keep reminding them, father time is undefeated.

Shelly had a run like no other though. I wanted to see her in the final one more time.

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

U.S. Sprinter Noah Lyles Loses Race After Taunting Opponent At Finish Line​

Team USA sprinter Noah Lyles is off to the men's 100m final in the 2024 Paris Olympics after a second-place finish in the semifinal on Sunday afternoon. Lyles, whose final time was 9.83 seconds, was beaten out by Jamaica sprinter Oblique Seville by only 0.02 seconds.

But it was the interaction between the two athletes that caught fans' attention.

Despite finishing second, when both sprinters ran across the finish line neck-and-neck, Lyles is seen staring down Seville for a few seconds.

Lyles may have thought he surpassed Seville at the end, which led to the taunt, but the final results indicate he did not. Lyles and Seville will have another shot at each other during the final.

Well, just curious if anyone thought the situation before the women's 100 meter final was puzzling? Even though it was reported, none of the athletes made a big deal about it. Yet at this level, everything counts. So I can't help but wonder if Sha'Carri would have ran that faster time that she was well capable of running. I was more puzzled with the two Jamaicans deciding to pull out. Lot's of things can be made out of that. Anyhow, congrats to her for winning the Silver and to Julien Alfred for winning the Gold.

As for Noah Lyle, man he's different but uh, I just chalk it up to a newer different generation from when I was that age. #shrug Congrats to him for taking the Gold as well in a good competitive race. That's what I always long to see...

Last edited:
Back