2008 Honda Battle of the Bands SUCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Fever

This year's Honda Battle of the Bands was horrible. In my opinion, the only band that was good was Texas Southern, way to rep for the SWAC. Bethune Cookman was decent, but all the rest of the bands were BORING! Also, the sound system was low, so you could barely here the host, Ryan Cameron or the guest DJ's. This year was a disappointment, but hey, the tickets were only $10. :)

This year's Honda Battle of the Bands was horrible. In my opinion, the only band that was good was Texas Southern, way to rep for the SWAC. Bethune Cookman was decent, but all the rest of the bands were BORING! Also, the sound system was low, so you could barely here the host, Ryan Cameron or the guest DJ's. This year was a disappointment, but hey, the tickets were only $10. :)

I have to agree. Texas Southern was the best band and the only band to get a standing ovation from the entire dome.

I kept saying the entire time that they turned those mics down this year. I am glad I got in free because it was a big disappointment.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I thought the exact opposite.... This was one of the better Hondas because there werent any sorry performances. Even the smaller bands were good.

Overall performance goes to NCCU....Just didnt think Black folks were ready for it. There show was more like a theatrical production with the ninjas and ****. I felt like I was watching a movie and didnt know what was going to happen next. Also reminded me of a DCI field show. NCCU put more into their field show than any band there.

as far as crowd Texas So hands down... they housed out from the beginning to end. The crowd went crazy when they first marched downfield when the dance girls were doing those high kicks. Also Texas So had the best dance routine.

Biggest dissapointment was BCC... BORING. They did the same exact show from Florida Classic.

Just didnt think Black folks were ready for it. There show was more like a theatrical production with the ninjas and ****. I felt like I was watching a movie and didnt know what was going to happen next. Also reminded me of a DCI field show. NCCU put more into their field show than any band there.

The crowd was not ready for that. It was very creative and did remind you of DCI.

I don't think any of the bands were just sorry they just lost you during points in their shows.

I LIKE TXSU'S TIGER RUN-ON :lmao:/THOSE WERE TWO GOOD SHOWS THOUGH..I ALSO THOUGHT WSSU WAS STRAIGHT

^^NAW NOT REALLY, BUT THEIR ENTRANCE WAS BOOMISH...LET ME STOP BEFORE PEOPLE START SAYING IM HATING..BUT SURELY THEY HAD THE MORE ENTERTAINING SHOW..GOOD JOB

Nawn the Ocean didn't do no JSU run on they did that old skool Ocean Lean back. Da Ocean represented da SWAC to the fullest though. UAPB did what UAPB always do. UAPB and TXSU rep da SWAC to da fullest.

2008 Honda BTOB's ROCKED!!!! PICTURES DELAYED FROM ME CAUSE OF HONDA EXECS...

Despite what Bulldog FEVER said......

The people left happy..........

Texas Southern STOLE the SHOW.......
Pine Bluff left their impact..................
Albany State, BCC and Virgina State where POWER strong....

Tuskegee and Winston Saleem had the crowd going as well................

my pictures are on hold for awhile....
I kept a secret from you guys.....

I am under contract by the Honda BTOB's as one of the new two mail photographers...
So they have the rights for a second...

I hope to post some soon...
But......Good news is that one on my pictures made the AP WIRE and some are on the Honda's Site soon........

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: 2008 Honda BTOB's ROCKED!!!! PICTURES DELAYED FROM ME CAUSE OF HONDA EXECS...

Thanks for the update, Kevin! Also, congrats on getting a shot on AP and on your contract with Honda!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

:tup::tup::tup:

^^NAW NOT REALLY, BUT THEIR ENTRANCE WAS BOOMISH...LET ME STOP BEFORE PEOPLE START SAYING IM HATING..BUT SURELY THEY HAD THE MORE ENTERTAINING SHOW..GOOD JOB

i just seen the clips on Da Network.....

the entrance was not "boomish".....the only thing i could find remotely close 2 the Boom was their fanfare position and the way they made their 1st formation.......

but good job Ocean, yall boys did good

As with everybody else, Texas Souther was the truth. Just like Dahill said, they received house from start to finish. When they entered the field and the majorettes were doing those high knee kicks, it was over, wait, wait, even before that, the drum major entrance was sickening, received ultra house with that magic he performed when he made his mase float. The dance routine was a hall of fame. The sound was powerful and intense. This was my first time seeing TxSU, and I am a believer. Big Ups!!!!

i just seen the clips on Da Network.....

the entrance was not "boomish".....the only thing i could find remotely close 2 the Boom was their fanfare position and the way they made their 1st formation.......

but good job Ocean, yall boys did good

link?

I enjoyed the show.

Winston-Salem State - Got decent house and produced a nice sound.

Shaw - Boring

Virginia State - Boring

NC Central - It was very different from what you expect from a HBCU, but I had a hard time following it.

Norfolk State - Extremely boring compared to last year's show. It was like someone turned the volume down from what they sounded like last year.

Albany State - Had a nice drill in the beginning, but the rest of the show was forgettable

Tuskegee - boring and forgettable

Texas Southern - They had a tight entrance that woke the crowd up. They did a great job of keeping the crowd interested the whole show and got house for it. Very nice drill and a noticable difference in sound on the field.

UAPB - Again, a better sound on the field. Didn't get a lot of house, but represented the SWAC well.

Bethune-Cookman - In my opinion, had the best sound on the field period, but their show overall was no where near as good as it use to be. They definately didn't drill as well as they use to. It just seem like they cut something out to me.

Oh yeah, UAPB was good. I've seen you guys on T.V., a few 3 years ago or so, and I was not a fan, but after seeing you guys in person for the first time, I really like you guys now. The sound was strong, but the drums were playing too loud, and that sort of drowned the sound from the horns playing, in other words, the drums should have played softer. I was also impressed by the constant moving and changing of formations, i can dig it.

I don't know what happened at the end of your show while coming off the field, but when the band cut off, there were like 6 or 7 members on the other side still playing and marching, and that was a major blooper. But overall, you guys are alright with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back