2004 SWAC Football Predictions

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Southern: Will continue to be on top of the West again next year. Non-stoppable offense will win most of their games. Will have a slight improvement in the running game. Will have a lot of holes to fill in on defense. Will win the west in the Bayou Classic. SU two losses will be decided by 10 points or less and one of the in the last second. All wins except one will be blowouts. Record 9-2. Loss to Alcorn/JSU, and Alabama St. (Revenge).

Loss to Alcorn or JSU and ASU???

A BIG....ROTFL!!!

JROCK said it first

12-0

STC 60, you don't even believe that yourself. How about coming out of that dream your in and come to reality. If you knew anything about football you would know that it takes offense and defense to win games. And 12-0, I will give you a winning season but yall will never see a 1 or 2 loss season again. Bruce is a good QB, but he not as good as some folks make him out to be. If he is so good, why do he throw so many picks in the Bayou Classic, especially during crunch time. And JSU had a field day on him. And why did you even mention defense and grambling in the same sentence. Didn't they have the worst or next to worst pass defense in the SWAC. That proves that you can have the best offense and still lose the game. Grambling's secondary made SU QB look like an All-American. Busting the clock, on who? I don't see that happening to ANY top team in the SWAC, not even AAMU. The classic might be close, but I don't see yall winning. As far as talent, I will give to Grambling, but Doug is gone. You can't rely on his talent no more. Look for the west to be a monopoly, Southern vs. EAST winner (BAMMAS no more).

tierre said:
The classic might be close, but I don't see yall winning. As far as talent, I will give to Grambling, but Doug is gone. You can't rely on his talent no more. Look for the west to be a monopoly, Southern vs. EAST winner (BAMMAS no more).

Get a schedule 1st then come holla at me !

Grambling 34 Southern 20

Yes SUgrad06, 2 losses. I can't see yall beating Alcorn and Jackson St. in the same year.

IWJNSU said:
This is too funny. Could someone save this under "post that come back to hunt you". STC60, thanks for starting my day off with a laugh. I needed it!

These kids today have noooo problem whatsoever expressing themselves.

WAKE UP SON ITS NOT !!!!PETE ALMOST GOT RAN OFF FOR LETTING DOUG INFULTRATE BR TALENT POOL!!!!IT AINT CLOSE PEOPLE.THERE HAS NOT BEEN A QB IN TEH LEAGUE SINCE BRUCE ARRIVAL WHO IS EVEN CLOSE TO EUGENE. COOPER WAS BETTER THAN MOST STARTERS INTEH SWAC LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!12-0 HERE WE COME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooper?? Better than starters in the SWAC?? Thats a bold yet untrue statment kiddo. Also you said the same thing about 12-0 last year. Yes Bruce Eugene is a helluva QB. DonTiger will agree that Quincy was on point practically the entire season. HE and I talked after the classic and he knows Q personally. But to say that there has not been a QB close to Bruce, where the SWAC has produced QB's such as McNair and Doug Williams, just to start the list is far from the truth. I admitted to DonT that Bruce should have been on the All SWAC team, not Carrie. Bruce or Richard should have been 1st or 2nd team either way.

Lastly...Pete gettin run outta BR because Doug dipped in the BR talent pool?? :smh: Check your facts sonny boy! When you have players coming from TX, CA, NC(where Peoples is from) and other parts of the US, why bother with local talent?? If they wanna come to SU or even Gram fine with me. Why did he not land Newman(Istrouma), Plummer(SU Lab), Vernon(G.O.), Lunda Wells(Baker) just to name a few.

BTW...This thread will come back to haunt you!
:slap:

Still too early to make predictions. But I guess we need something to talk about, so............

tierre said:
Yes SUgrad06, 2 losses. I can't see yall beating Alcorn and Jackson St. in the same year.

I can and so can you. You just don't know...

:nod2:

Now a whole lotta people can't see Alcorn beating J State 2 years in a row

nor SU 3 years in a row and remember the rain will not be a factor this upcoming year neither.

We just might not beat JSU this year, but against yall, i just see another last minute thriller by either one. Alcorn 45-42 OT

tierre said:
We just might not beat JSU this year, but against yall, i just see another last minute thriller by either one. Alcorn 45-42 OT

Negative...Remember back in 98(19-18). This time the game will not be decieded on a last minute play... Try this: SU 45 Alcorn 24

MACHIAVELLI said:
When would be a good time?

At the end of 2 a days maybe? Teams haven't even settled their rosters yet. When you make predictions this early, you're totally discounting the impact of newcomers among other things.

I think that man to man, Alcorn has a first string that can beat every team in SWAC but Alcorn lacks depth. If you look at last year, you see where ALcorn got better as the year went on...It's normally the opposite becasue Alcorn players STAY hurt. They are also turnover prone. If Alcorn stays healthy and protect the ball, they could be unstoppable.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU/99 said:
At the end of 2 a days maybe? Teams haven't even settled their rosters yet. When you make predictions this early, you're totally discounting the impact of newcomers among other things.

Yeah, it is early but this is not as bad as when thegooddoctor did predictions in January...LOL That was dumb as "L".

mighty hornet said:
but 99,
This is the offseason. This is your time (and JSU's) to shine man.
:D

Put this on the smackboard and I'm all for it. But don't come on here pretending to make honest predictions when you don't have the information needed to make them. In reality, all you're gonna do is enhance the teams you like while dissing the teams you dislike. That's smack, not predicting.

JSU/99 said:
Put this on the smackboard and I'm all for it. But don't come on here pretending to make honest predictions when you don't have the information needed to make them. In reality, all you're gonna do is enhance the teams you like while dissing the teams you dislike. That's smack, not predicting.

James Bell is still your coach. That's fact, not predicting.... Therefore I predict that you will lose 9 games this year because of poor coaching.

Now how is that smack? And, why do we have to wait until 2 a days or over to determine that your coaching woes will still be the catalyst to your losing ways?

DonTiger said:
James Bell is still your coach. That's fact, not predicting.... Therefore I predict that you will lose 9 games this year because of poor coaching.

Now how is that smack? And, why do we have to wait until 2 a days or over to determine that your coaching woes will still be the catalyst to your losing ways?

See what I mean......

Well since predictions are just that...... predictions. Then here are my picks.:smug2:
West
UAPB
Praire View
Southern
Grambling
Texas Southern

East
MVSU
Alcorn
AlabamaA&M
Alabama State
Jackson State.

SU Grad, you might need to think again if yall think that we will get blown out by yall. I can't see SU blowin us out, especially in front of all those folks.

[QUOTE=SUGrad06]These kids today have noooo problem whatsoever expressing themselves.

Dude, I was responding to STC-60, alright. I am not a KID. When I replied to STC-60 kids were either on their way to school or at school.

IWJNSU said:
[QUOTE=SUGrad06]These kids today have noooo problem whatsoever expressing themselves.

Dude, I was responding to STC-60, alright. I am not a KID. When I replied to STC-60 kids were either on their way to school or at school.

I know. I was calling him/her a kid not you. I must have hit the wrong button on here because the minute I hit submit reply a whole lotta pop ups came up and it had to shut it down for lunch. My fault.

tierre said:
SU Grad, you might need to think again if yall think that we will get blown out by yall. I can't see SU blowin us out, especially in front of all those folks.

I was not put on Gods Beautiful Earth to think. I don't think SU will blow ya'll out...I know SU will blow ya'll out!

And in closing
(peeping SU's scrimmage notes and looking at the 2004 roster)

...you just don't know.

:winkgrin: :winkgrin:

SUGrad06 said:
I know. I was calling him/her a kid not you. I must have hit the wrong buttone on here because the minute I hit submit reply a whole lotta pop ups came up and it had to shut it down for lunch. My fault.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. We are cool!!!!!!! STC60 missed his calling, he should be on BET ComicView. :hat:

Back