Riots erupt in Brussels and Rotterdam after Morocco beats Belgium at World Cup

Olde Hornet

They go crazy after losing! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Riots broke out in several Belgian and Dutch cities after Morocco’s 2-0 upset win over Belgium at the World Cup Sunday.

Police detained about a dozen people after they deployed water cannons and fire tear gas to disperse crowds in Brussels and eight more in the Northern city of Antwerp. Two police officials were injured in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam. By late evening Sunday, an uneasy calm had returned to most of the cities involved.

Dozens of rioters overturned and torched cars, set electric scooters on fire and pelted cars with bricks. Police moved in after one person suffered facial injuries, said Brussels police spokeswoman Ilse Van de Keere.

Brussels mayor Philippe Close urged people to stay away from the city center and said authorities were doing their utmost to keep order in the streets. Even subway and tram traffic had to be interrupted on police orders.

“Those are not fans, they are rioters. Moroccan fans are there to celebrate,” Close said. There were also disturbances in the city of Antwerp and Liege.
“Sad to see how a few individuals abuse a situation to run amok,” said Interior Minister Annelies Verlinden.

Police in the neighboring Netherlands said violence erupted in the port city of Rotterdam, with riot officers attempting to break up a group of 500 soccer supporters who pelted police with fireworks and glass. Media reported unrest in the capital Amsterdam and The Hague.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Euro teams looking real weak this go around

and nobody is scared of them anymore fans real frustrated.

Germany may not make it out of the first round if that happen

I don't think I would go back home anytime soon if I was them.

Saudi Arabia won one game but since it was Argentina; the Sultan will give everybody on the team a Rolls Royce.

The big deal today is a bootylicious gurl friend from Croatia decided to Show the Qatari what they were missing

Fij3lp-XgAIMnIQ

Last edited:

Saudi Arabia won one game but since it was Argentina; the Sultan will give everybody on the team a Rolls Royce.

The big deal today is a bootylicious gurl friend from Croatia decided to Show the Qatari what they were missing

Fij3lp-XgAIMnIQ
I need to see her booty lol

Fij3lp-XgAIMnIQ
Have mercy!!!!!!

Do you know how rich you have to be to be able to buy a Roll Royce for an entire soccer team and not break a sweat about it lol
Apparently money is no object to those rich ass Arabs. I went to the World Track and Field Championships in 2019 that was held in Doha, Qatar. Lord knows it was hot as hell over there. The meet was held in an open air stadium, but the stadium was air conditioned. Who does that??? As a matter of fact, it was co cold in there, you needed a jacket or a sweater. SMH!! Unbelievable!!!!! That had to have cost a fortune.

Fij3lp-XgAIMnIQ
Definitely surprised by some of the Euro teams

Lawd Mercy, who is this woman?!

Damn!!! People, it ain't that serious. But I guess it is easy for me to say that, since we really don't give a damn about the World Cup in this country.
I don't know about that. We're not crazed like they are in other countries of course but as long as the US is in it, it's pretty big here. All the bars and sports bars tomorrow will be jam packed at 12:00. Win or go home for USA.

Last edited:
I don't know about that. We're not crazed like they are in other countries of course but as long as the US is in it, it's pretty big here. All the bars and sports bars tomorrow will be jam packed at 1:00. Win or go home for USA.
If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live in Houston, and we have a large Hispanic population here, and they will get excited about the World Cup. But, anyway...........

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live in Houston, and we have a large Hispanic population here, and they will get excited about the World Cup. But, anyway...........
Cool! I'm just up the road from ya..........Dallas. I come down to Houston for soccer 3-4 times a year. Yeah the Hispanic population definitely loves it but many more Americans do as well. I've been in the soccer world for a long time now. Actually watched World Cup in Houston about 8 years ago and we had to go from bar to bar just to find a open spot.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
When I lived in the Philadelphia suburbs, the world cup was big with suburban youth and the international community in the city. MLS is the gateway to keeping the youth into soccer as they grow up and not lose them to the NFL and college football.

I don't know about that. We're not crazed like they are in other countries of course but as long as the US is in it, it's pretty big here. All the bars and sports bars tomorrow will be jam packed at 12:00. Win or go home for USA.
I was just looking at Sport Center. This thing has gotten political now. SMH!!!

Back