Riots erupt in Brussels and Rotterdam after Morocco beats Belgium at World Cup

What happened to it??
We still had one when we joined the SWAC. If I remember correctly title 9. We had to have a woman sport added and couldn't afford to keep both. So the male team got the axe. we actually won a championship at the D2 and D1 level. Hell back then we had a real track team too. 😂 That's when we sent them women to the Olympics. I still don't understand that. How we get Olympic runners at the D2 level and can't beat my grandma in a wheelchair at D1. 🤣

I remember, the NCAA change the rules for the make up of the teams after AAMU won the D1 national championship. :eek:

I was just looking at Sport Center. This thing has gotten political now. SMH!!!
Yep, damn ridiculous. I know you probably aren't a soccer fan but check out FIFA Uncovered on Netflix. It'll show you exactly how a country like Qatar got the World Cup. Politics and money.

We still had one when we joined the SWAC. If I remember correctly title 9. We had to have a woman sport added and couldn't afford to keep both. So the male team got the axe. we actually won a championship at the D2 and D1 level. Hell back then we had a real track team too. 😂 That's when we sent them women to the Olympics. I still don't understand that. How we get Olympic runners at the D2 level and can't beat my grandma in a wheelchair at D1. 🤣
I remember those good track teams at AAMU.

Yep, damn ridiculous. I know you probably aren't a soccer fan but check out FIFA Uncovered on Netflix. It'll show you exactly how a country like Qatar got the World Cup. Politics and money.

No, I am not a soccer fan. But it is not because I have not tried. I have been to soccer games. Watched it on TV. SMH.

I already know how Qatar got the World Cup. The same way they got the World Track and Field Championships in 2019. Politics and money.

I got a chance to attend a soccer game in Germany and France this year. Man when I tell you it was a hell of an experience. I enjoyed it.
I can only imagine. I went to the US Men's versus El Salvador in a world cup qualifier match in Columbus and it was insane. It was also snowing and it was still incredible.

Question:

How many of y’all look for youth leagues that don’t allow headers until a certain age? Interested in starting my kids off in it,

Question:

How many of y’all look for youth leagues that don’t allow headers until a certain age? Interested in starting my kids off in it,
Most leagues don't allow it these days. I think US Soccer passed something a while back not allowing it for age 10 and under. Before that was passed, when mine was younger, I used to just flat out tell her, DO NOT head the ball. Where do you live?

Question:

Oh, Ok. I was about to ask what is a "header". But I think @tigertrail answered my question in his post. I have seen the move many, many times. I never knew what was called.

Got some good teams up that way. We've played a couple when we traveled up there for Jefferson Cup and will be playing VDA in a tourney in Florida in a couple of months. And A lot of black kids are starting to move towards soccer more and more.
True! One of my frats son recently started playing professionally. He's a student at UMBC but plays soccer professionally.

Most leagues don't allow it these days. I think US Soccer passed something a while back not allowing it for age 10 and under. Before that was passed, when mine was younger, I used to just flat out tell her, DO NOT head the ball. Where do you live?
I live in north Harris County (Spring).

Appreciate the input from everyone. Daughter is interested because the kids at her school play at recess, and I need to tire her out LOL

Iranian man, 27, shot dead for celebrating team’s World Cup exit​

An Iranian man was shot dead by security forces after Iran’s national team lost to the US and exited the World Cup, as anti-government demonstrations took place inside and outside the stadium in Qatar and across Iran.

Mehran Samak, 27, was shot dead after honking his car horn in Bandar Anzali, a city on the Caspian Sea coast, north-west of Tehran, according to human rights activists.

Samak “was targeted directly and shot in the head by security forces … following the defeat of the national team against America”, said the Oslo-based group Iran Human Rights (IHR).

The contest between the two countries which severed diplomatic ties more than 40 years ago took place against a backdrop of violent repression in Iran after protests triggered by the death in custody of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old Kurdish woman, in September.

Iran’s security forces have killed at least 448 people in the crackdown on the protests, including 60 children under the age of 18 and 29 women, according to IHR.

In an extraordinary twist, Iranian international midfielder Saeid Ezatolahi, who played in the US match and is from Bandar Anzali, revealed that he knew Samak and posted a picture of them together in a youth football team.

Back