Attendance: 22,562

Prairie View A&M at Alabama State
Attendance: 6,976

Alabama A&M at Florida A&M
Attendance: 7,595

Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Alcorn State
Attendance: 15,671

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's about the size you'll get for a winless Valley game. 2018 - 29500. The past couple of admins had some interesting counts. From what I saw, going back to 2012, this was the 2nd largest crowd.

Don't think time matters much.

I think folks are making too much out of the game time. Late afternoon games are better to me.

I forgot who said it on here, but it was a good point. "WE" have to work on Saturdays. So that is a pool of money being missed because of the early start times. I don't think last week helped plus the temp again. People probably stayed away.
Bruh I've been preaching that to the A&M committee for years. If the game starts at 1 or 2 they want you in the tailgate spots by 11. No way folks who has kids playing sports or working can do that. It's beyond selfish to ask folks to support you and pay $650 for a tailgate spot that you want let them in for. This is why HBCUs will always laf behind until we get those old folks with selfish arse views out of our way.

Bruh I've been preaching that to the A&M committee for years. If the game starts at 1 or 2 they want you in the tailgate spots by 11. No way folks who has kids playing sports or working can do that. It's beyond selfish to ask folks to support you and pay $650 for a tailgate spot that you want let them in for. This is why HBCUs will always laf behind until we get those old folks with selfish arse views out of our way.
Maynor is actually the one who likes day games. He said it gives him and staff enough time to break down film and get prepared for the next game that Saturday night. For the fans it makes no sense. Im dreading next year when my son moves up age divisions and his games start at noon. Right now Im good because most of his games are at 9:30 am.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Mississippi Valley State at Jackson State
Attendance: 28,265

Grambling at Bethune Cookman
Attendance: 6,343

Texas Southern at UT-San Antonio
Attendance: 22,562

Prairie View A&M at Alabama State
Attendance: 6,976

Alabama A&M at Florida A&M
Attendance: 7,595

Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Alcorn State
Attendance: 15,671
Wait minute, wayment, waitt....wait.....
We (JSU vs VALLEY) out drew BCU vs Bayou boys? I thought they had more than 6k.

That FAMU attendance is VERY incorrect

Looked like at least 18K in the stadium this weekend. And I KNOW for a fact that FAMU didn’t let over 10K people in the game for free

FAMU sold out all 3,500 student tickets for the game as well.

I’m not sure what’s going on with these attendance numbers. FAMU say there’s also wrong and I say the jsu Vs Gsu numbers were wrong. If you look at 2018 jsu Vs Gsu it was reported 32k with much much less people than 2022. There were more than a 2k difference in 2018 compared to this year. Had to be 40k-42k at the jsu Vs Gsu game 2022 but was reported 34k. These pictures are of 2022. Can’t tell me this was 34k.

Attachments

• 9FCE63E6-DBBC-42D3-BCB0-064356A9E698.jpeg
    9FCE63E6-DBBC-42D3-BCB0-064356A9E698.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 18
  • A1D84F77-5EF8-4CBB-AE7D-34B8CDEBD9D8.jpeg
    A1D84F77-5EF8-4CBB-AE7D-34B8CDEBD9D8.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
I’m not sure what’s going on with these attendance numbers. FAMU say there’s also wrong and I say the jsu Vs Gsu numbers were wrong. If you look at 2018 jsu Vs Gsu it was reported 32k with much much less people than 2022. There were more than a 2k difference in 2018 compared to this year. Had to be 40k-42k at the jsu Vs Gsu game 2022 but was reported 34k. These pictures are of 2022. Can’t tell me this was 34k.
Yeah I was thrown off by the gram number foresure. It was at least 40 k in that stadium.

I think Homecoming & Southern games will do very well this year. Wish we didn’t agree to move the A&M game. I would’ve kept that home & home.

That's about the size you'll get for a winless Valley game. 2018 - 29500. The past couple of admins had some interesting counts. From what I saw, going back to 2012, this was the 2nd largest crowd.

Don't think time matters much.

I think folks are making too much out of the game time. Late afternoon games are better to me.
I think time matters now because we were getting about 10K more per game last year. It needs to be later. Also, there was so much bad press last week and some ignorant people STILL think Jackson does not have water. They were trying to link the Jackson water crisis to the shortage of bottled water vs GSU.... lol I think the bad press and the BAD experience from the GSU game kept a lot of people away this week. Combine that with the time and I think we could have lost as many as 10-15K fans vs Valley.

That FAMU attendance is VERY incorrect

Looked like at least 18K in the stadium this weekend. And I KNOW for a fact that FAMU didn’t let over 10K people in the game for free

FAMU sold out all 3,500 student tickets for the game as well.
yall sell student tickets?

Back