How many of you use options trading?

major095

ASU4real
Just starting to learn a bit of this and it seems like a way to get potentially get a better return on investment if you're willing to absorb some risk. Likely will buy a few contracts on Monday for the first time when the market opens. Would like to hear about your experiences and opinions using options.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@major095 I mainly do the options for quick nickels and dimes but it do add up I do take advantage to exercise an option if I can afford the 100 shares but other than that I do it all the time and day trade it with in my limit. This stock is also about to go public I'm thinking of doing a option on this because I do see a low risk plus this will probably have a good price when they go public so I am going to get the 100 shares on this. If I think it is going to tank then I will do a put option so CYA. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/duolingo-files-s-1-for-ipo.html

@major095 I mainly do the options for quick nickels and dimes but it do add up I do take advantage to exercise an option if I can afford the 100 shares but other than that I do it all the time and day trade it with in my limit. This stock is also about to go public I'm thinking of doing a option on this because I do see a low risk plus this will probably have a good price when they go public so I am going to get the 100 shares on this. If I think it is going to tank then I will do a put option so CYA. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/duolingo-files-s-1-for-ipo.html
I'll check that out. I did 2 options. I bought a call on a satellite company that is rumored to be working with Musk's Starlink internet. It was 33 dollars so it's not a bad risk and i could have sold it today w/ a $5 profit but I'm going to hold at least until the beginning of aug unless something good happens.
I also did a covered call on a penny stock I own. collected a $30 premium and feel like that's pretty low risk b/c it hasn't been moving and trends aren't really clear on it now.

I don't, but my sister has started doing it and gotten really good at it. She follows Ian Dunlap on Instagram and the Earn Your Leisure dudes, they're pretty good.

I've started running spreads with my options. Got my first nice win coming. Bought a chargepoint out of the money call at the bottom of the market back in may. Now it's nearly $4 in the money. so now I'm doing poor man's covered calls with it and a few others and collecting weekly premiums. I feel like I can over the next few years get it to generate at least 1k/month of passive income.

I've started running spreads with my options. Got my first nice win coming. Bought a chargepoint out of the money call at the bottom of the market back in may. Now it's nearly $4 in the money. so now I'm doing poor man's covered calls with it and a few others and collecting weekly premiums. I feel like I can over the next few years get it to generate at least 1k/month of passive income.
My friend is doing the same thing, he is really good at it. He gave me a zoom tutorial on how to do it.

I may try it this fall.

might as well update. stock market had been pretty garbage for several months but starting to recover a bit. I'd bought an option on chargepoint. It was well in the money but things got really bad out there and the stock price went below it's 52 week low. so I rolled the option to jan 2025 @ $8. So now I have plenty of time with it. back to running spreads with it and a few others collecting weekly premiums. chpt is expected to become profitable w/ their charging stations by 2024. I expect a bag on this option b/f it's over. holding it for more than a year will let me escape capital gains tax rates and will be my regular rate.

3 of my kids have sickle cell. I keep up on all the research and currently we are trying to get one of my sons into a trial. The trial is for a gene therapy treatment done by Vertex (vrtx) and crispr (crsp). they have completed their fda submission. It is essentially a cure for sickle cell and another blood disease beta thalassemia. I expect the approval to happen by mid-fall if other drugs approval times can be used as a measuring stick and this is expected to be the most expensive treatment ever ( in excess of 2 million dollars for 1 treatment). vrtx has a 60%/40% arrangement with crsp.
I am not a financial analyst and what I'm telling you is for entertainment only (unless your loved one has sickle cell, then you should totally look into the treatment). With that said, I'm going to buy as many options expiring in january as I can afford on either. I fully expect this will be the last year my son will have sickle cell and I expect to make a decent sum from those options.

3 of my kids have sickle cell. I keep up on all the research and currently we are trying to get one of my sons into a trial. The trial is for a gene therapy treatment done by Vertex (vrtx) and crispr (crsp). they have completed their fda submission. It is essentially a cure for sickle cell and another blood disease beta thalassemia. I expect the approval to happen by mid-fall if other drugs approval times can be used as a measuring stick and this is expected to be the most expensive treatment ever ( in excess of 2 million dollars for 1 treatment). vrtx has a 60%/40% arrangement with crsp.
I am not a financial analyst and what I'm telling you is for entertainment only (unless your loved one has sickle cell, then you should totally look into the treatment). With that said, I'm going to buy as many options expiring in january as I can afford on either. I fully expect this will be the last year my son will have sickle cell and I expect to make a decent sum from those options.
Just an update. My son is in the trial for kids under 12 at St Jude. Prayerfully it will go well. All indications are that it should.
As for the stock... I did buy 1 option on crsp back in august. the fda has said that they will announce by dec 8th their decision. the treatment exa-cel is expected to be approved. My option is up 66% over what I paid and since oct 30th the stock itself is up over $30. It got it's approval in the UK a week or so ago and started a run. you can probably still make some money next week with a buy. that's not the end though. the same exa-cel treatment is also a functional cure for another inherited blood disorder, beta thalasemmia. the fda split the the 2 approvals and that one won't come until the spring. so you can let this bit of excitment die and then jump in and get another bite at the apple.

bluebird (blue) also has a treatment that will get approval before christmas (lenovo-cel). much cheaper stock. options are affordable and the stock price is only about $4. can make a little money there too.

Just an update. My son is in the trial for kids under 12 at St Jude. Prayerfully it will go well. All indications are that it should.
As for the stock... I did buy 1 option on crsp back in august. the fda has said that they will announce by dec 8th their decision. the treatment exa-cel is expected to be approved. My option is up 66% over what I paid and since oct 30th the stock itself is up over $30. It got it's approval in the UK a week or so ago and started a run. you can probably still make some money next week with a buy. that's not the end though. the same exa-cel treatment is also a functional cure for another inherited blood disorder, beta thalasemmia. the fda split the the 2 approvals and that one won't come until the spring. so you can let this bit of excitment die and then jump in and get another bite at the apple.

bluebird (blue) also has a treatment that will get approval before christmas (lenovo-cel). much cheaper stock. options are affordable and the stock price is only about $4. can make a little money there too.
Thanks for the tip, getting some Blue now, it is trending well

Thanks for the tip, getting some Blue now, it is trending well
the fda will announce their approval for blue (lovo-cel) by dec 20th.

crsp beta thalasemmia approval will occur by march 30th.

I also bought a blue option back in august. it's even right now but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit of a bump from the crsp approval b/f it's own approval.

the fda will announce their approval for blue (lovo-cel) by dec 20th.

crsp beta thalasemmia approval will occur by march 30th.

I also bought a blue option back in august. it's even right now but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit of a bump from the crsp approval b/f it's own approval.
they just announced both crsp and blue got their fda approval today. blue trading halted temporarily b/c of the announcement. it's up 7.4% today. the blue early approval caught them off guard. I think they're trying to figure out how to get paid w/o us getting paid. I put an alert on for a fast rise in price. been halted now for 45 minutes.
https://www.reuters.com/business/he...8/#:~:text=Dec 8 (Reuters) - The,bio (BLUE.O).

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I trade on NADEX for currency options. They are out of Chicago. The thing about NADEX trades you can close the trade whenever you want. I trade on Pocketoptions too. You cant close your trade on that platform. It's a time that you set and if that trade is going against you...well you just shit of luck. NADEX is safer. Also Etrade , ThinkSwim, Charles Schwab these are state side brokers so they are pretty legit.

Back