OVC - Southland Football Scheduling Alliance (edit) & Big South

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The Ohio Valley Conference and Southland Conference have announced the dates and matchups for its football scheduling alliance for the 2022 season.

In October the two NCAA Division I FCS leagues announced the framework for the collaboration which provides quality Division I non-conference matchups for teams in each league in 2022 and 2023.

View: https://twitter.com/TSUTigersFB/status/1469008148350570497?s=20

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
We don't need any scheduling assistance with any of our schools. With us having 12 members and playing a 8 game conference slate, we're good. Not sure if any schools have problems doing their 3 OOC games though.
and we'll still have member schools talking about they could only get 10 games or trying to schedule conference members as ooc games.

We don't need any scheduling assistance with any of our schools. With us having 12 members and playing a 8 game conference slate, we're good. Not sure if any schools have problems doing their 3 OOC games though.
Yup.

For the other three games: you play an FBS school for 6 figures, a regional FCS opponent (if away - possible paycheck) and a D2 at home to get a guaranteed W

And it's the usual suspects smh

But then we wanna cry if the biased playoffs don't select a 8-3/9-2 team because of shenanigans like SWAC OOC opponents

Exactly, if there are no real outside wins against opponents from other conferences there are no comparisons for the committee to use. We can't defend it because they are right.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Now look as these schedules are coming out and we got our own schools scheduling conference members as OOC games.
I don't have a problem with scheduling a member institution for an ooc game if that member institution has rolled off the schedule and the game is a "historic rivalry" as in the case of Southern and Jackson State. My interest would be in seeing the historic rivalry preserved.

Last edited:
i don't have a problem with scheduling a member institution for an ooc game if that member institution has rolled off the schedule and the game is a "historic rivalry" as in the case of Southern and Jackson State. My interest would be in seeing the historic rivalry preserved.

yada, yada, yada....

Wait I thought the reason for Tennessee state staying was the cheap expenses with travel this looks like it won’t be the case anymore due to the new conference map blueprint. So what purpose does it serve to remain in a conference out of your budget ?

LOL … you throw a big enough bag and watch what happens to “historic rivalries”

i don't have a problem with scheduling a member institution for an ooc game if that member institution has rolled off the schedule and the game is a "historic rivalry" as in the case of Southern and Jackson State. My interest would be in seeing the historic rivalry preserved.
Gonna keep this in mind if Jackson is in earshot of an at large playoff spot and the committee uses that as an excuse not to send that invite LOL

Back