OVC - Southland Football Scheduling Alliance (edit) & Big South

With the way that the MVC is trekking, it's makes sense for WIU because it's becoming top heavy with NDSU and SDSU being bottom tier FBS schools masquerading as FCS schools

With the way that the MVC is trekking, it's makes sense for WIU because it's becoming top heavy with NDSU and SDSU being bottom tier FBS schools masquerading as FCS schools
I believe that one of the only reasons that NDSU and SDSU are still FCS is because of their geographic that ties into their travel costs for all sports. The only way I could see NDSU and SDSU moving up is if the other Dakota schools move up with them.

I bet Chicago State will joining the OVC soon as this point, as they need a conference home.
OVC ain't adding Chicago State since they're not that desperate yet.
I believe that one of the only reasons that NDSU and SDSU are still FCS is because of their geographic that ties into their travel costs for all sports. The only way I could see NDSU and SDSU moving up is if the other Dakota schools move up with them.
Well one, they need a conference to move to. Every single school that has made the move recently has done so because they were invited by a conference with the exception of Liberty. Liberty also happens to be a school with unlimited funds from their vast online school that allows them to be able to pay P5 teams to actually come to their stadium. The Dakota schools simply are in a trash area and there are no conferences there to invite them. It's likely one of the main reasons they're so dominant in FCS because all of the dominant teams in FCS in the south are already FBS.

OVC ain't adding Chicago State since they're not that desperate yet.

Well one, they need a conference to move to. Every single school that has made the move recently has done so because they were invited by a conference with the exception of Liberty. Liberty also happens to be a school with unlimited funds from their vast online school that allows them to be able to pay P5 teams to actually come to their stadium. The Dakota schools simply are in a trash area and there are no conferences there to invite them. It's likely one of the main reasons they're so dominant in FCS because all of the dominant teams in FCS in the south are already FBS.
Why do you see Chicago State as a desperate choice, as this would give OVC another member in the Illinois market and they don't have to necessary have to be let into the conference as equal revenue member? The reality there is a high chance that other conference will try to raid the OVC again and having more members around will offset that if that happens.

Liberty comes with baggage and that is why it was rumor that conferences have turn them down over the years. It was even rumored that Liberty was willing to pay a conference to get an invite. I was a academic recruit of Liberty and there was no way in hell that I would attend that school given Jerry Falwell and his family history toward black people (I trashed the letter within 2 minutes of getting it in the mail). If it was not because of the federal government threatening to take away federal financial aid that school would still be white only.

I think the MWC would take them, but like I said a conference would have to invite multiple schools in that area to make it work with travel.

Why do you see Chicago State as a desperate choice, as this would give OVC another member in the Illinois market and they don't have to necessary have to be let into the conference as equal revenue member? The reality there is a high chance that other conference will try to raid the OVC again and having more members around will offset that if that happens.

Liberty comes with baggage and that is why it was rumor that conferences have turn them down over the years. It was even rumored that Liberty was willing to pay a conference to get an invite. I was a academic recruit of Liberty and there was no way in hell that I would attend that school given Jerry Falwell and his family history toward black people (I trashed the letter within 2 minutes of getting it in the mail). If it was not because of the federal government threatening to take away federal financial aid that school would still be white only.

I think the MWC would take them, but like I said a conference would have to invite multiple schools in that area to make it work with travel.
Even the MEAC wouldn't add Chicago State as desperate as they were to add teams. I think that about says enough.

I don't have a problem with scheduling a member institution for an ooc game if that member institution has rolled off the schedule and the game is a "historic rivalry" as in the case of Southern and Jackson State. My interest would be in seeing the historic rivalry preserved.
It works for us because Southern doesn't compete for playoffs. I hate our schedule but it is what it is. If Southern get anything less than a 9-10 win season then the season would be a disappointment. Give me a schedule that Alcorn had last year.

Even the MEAC wouldn't add Chicago State as desperate as they were to add teams. I think that about says enough.

Right

They ain't that desperate to add a team just because. Howard just got out of a budget draining situation with soccer. I think adding a CSU might completely run them to the NEC

Back