The price tag to bring Deion Sanders to Jackson State is a steep one.
Late Friday, Sports Illustrated reported the high-profile JSU coach agreed to a four-year, $1.2 million contract.
Sanders, who was named head coach last month, is expected to be compensated $300,000 annually.
The deal includes $120,000 in incentives, including an automatic extension if he leads the school to an 8-win season.
Other incentives include:
- $25,000 for each win over an FBS opponent.
- $10,000 for a SWAC division championship
- $30,000 for a conference championship.
- A Celebration Bowl appearance nets another $50,000 in incentives.
Sanders’ contract runs through the 2024 season.
- ‘This is not a gimmick’: Deion Sanders’ commitment to Jackson State already paying off
- Deion Sanders makes scholarship offer to son, Shedeur
- Jackson State grants Deion Sanders his wish. What will ‘Coach Prime’ do with it?