By now you’re probably familiar with the stubbornness of Doug Williams, something Kendrick Marshall discussed on Monday.
We even took a moment in July to profile D.J. Williams as one of the 10 Most Important SWAC Football Figures of 2012.
However, little has been mentioned about Grambling’s backup sophomore QB Frank Rivers. He is a Birmingham, Ala., native whose impact on a struggling football team has been more significant than even his own head coach probably knows.
Here are 5 things you should know about Frank Rivers and the impact he’s had on this Grambling team.
- Of the 8 touchdown passes Grambling has so far for the season, Frank Rivers is responsible for throwing 6 of them.
- Rivers set the record for the team’s best passing performance this season when he threw for 293 yards against Texas Southern on October 27. The previous record of 173 yards passing was also set by Rivers on September 15, against Alabama State.
- Rivers is ranked 7th in the SWAC in passing average per game – averaging 103.4 yards passing per game.
- Rivers currently has a pass efficiency rating of 137.6 which is 3rd best in the SWAC behind De’Auntre Smiley of Prairie View and Deaunte Mason of Alabama A&M.
- Responsible for 712 yards in total offense, Rivers ranks 9th in the conference.
Did I forget to mention that Rivers is Grambling’s backup QB?
One other note: Rivers is also a pitcher for the Grambling baseball team.