Officials: Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

This isn't really hard to answer..Texas is one of the richest states in the country..I don't know where you got your numbers but it's not right
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

Pay close attention dude.....I didn't write the article.

So let me see if I have this right. You're saying Texas has a larger economy than three of the world's largest countries including the United States?

Last edited:
This isn't really hard to answer..Texas is one of the richest states in the country..I don't know where you got your numbers but it's not right
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

California has the largest economy of all states and is deep in debt and running a serious deficit. To really understand those numbers, one has to breakdown each state's gross state product (GSP) on a per capita basis. Then you will really see how much wealth each state generates per person. You'll be surprised to see that Texas and Louisiana are not that much different when it come to gross state product per capita or GSP per person. Louisiana's politics is what keeping it from expanding, but the wealth generated per person in Texas and Louisiana is about the same.

California has the largest economy of all states and is deep in debt and running a serious deficit. To really understand those numbers, one has to breakdown each state's gross state product (GSP) on a per capita basis. Then you will really see how much wealth each state generates per person. You'll be surprised to see that Texas and Louisiana are not that much different when it come to gross state product per capita or GSP per person. Louisiana's politics is what keeping it from expanding, but the wealth generated per person in Texas and Louisiana is about the same.

But he said in "The World" Craig....in "The World" and Cleb co-signed it.

I agree, I never said Anything about Louisiana not being up there I was just speaking on what i know. But yes Louisiana isn't as far off

And that pretty much sums up the point of the article that the high school football arms race in Texas is more important than the education of its population.

No, it doesn't. The word "football" doesn't appear one time in that article you posted.

This is sad. We went from Hoover spending $100K to travel all the way to the suburbs of Dallas to get their asses kicked to ranking the world economy.

Anyway.... I personally contributed to this thread:

307430_10150358643948824_460966_n.jpg

All this talk about Louisiana....when everyone knows Georgia is the 2nd best HS football state behind Texas.

These are facts

lol@
All this talk about Louisiana....when everyone knows Georgia is the 2nd best HS football state behind Texas.

These are facts
But but "per capita" you are wrong atl. La is numero uno, in something, finally :D lol.

Bruh we do not pay attention to retarded ppl speaking ignorantly when their state issued birth certificate doesn't match their drivers license & vehicle registration state lol. They move here & want to be here to help us build our state economy, stronger schools lol, & notoriety; they do not want to be over there w/ degree in hand. smh

Last edited:
Sigh ... Recruiting outlets usually rank the states as such.

1. Texas
2. California
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Pennsylvania
6. Louisiana

In some years, Louisiana, Georgia and Pennsylvania flip flop spots.

This thread has gone in so many directions and off topic, that it feels like a Donald Trump Rally!

My point about the difference between TX and LA is primarily due to Coaches, Facilities and Financial Support all of which attributes to a great "Program."

Now in regards to just having an abundance of pure raw talent, there are not too many schools in the entire nation that will come close to the amount of talent St. Augustine has produced. To date there has been over 35 for Purple Knights to play in the NFL! You have University's that have not produced that many NFL players and I'm not just talking about the SWAC and MEAC. During the 2004 NFL Season there were 6 Purple Knights on NFL rosters alone.

Article from 2013 listing St. Aug's NFL Alumni:

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2013/01/st_augustine_to_honor_its_33_n.html

Dude shut up Hoover kicked #1 Colquitt County raw ass one year...lol (glad they were able to redeem themselves)

Uh, Colquitt County is nowhere near the city so it doesn't really make his statement invalid lol. Colquitt also just lost to a Gwinnett County team last week.

Try to keep up.who cares what part of Georgia. They were #1 in the state the year they got Mollywhopped

Uh, Colquitt County is nowhere near the city so it doesn't really make his statement invalid lol. Colquitt also just lost to a Gwinnett County team last week.
He said EVERY team in Gwinnett would beat every team in the entire state of Louisiana. You support that? SMH

This thread has gone in so many directions and off topic, that it feels like a Donald Trump Rally!

My point about the difference between TX and LA is primarily due to Coaches, Facilities and Financial Support all of which attributes to a great "Program."

Now in regards to just having an abundance of pure raw talent, there are not too many schools in the entire nation that will come close to the amount of talent St. Augustine has produced. To date there has been over 35 for Purple Knights to play in the NFL! You have University's that have not produced that many NFL players and I'm not just talking about the SWAC and MEAC. During the 2004 NFL Season there were 6 Purple Knights on NFL rosters alone.

Article from 2013 listing St. Aug's NFL Alumni:

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2013/01/st_augustine_to_honor_its_33_n.html

again, private schools can do what they want to take kids....they should have 35 alumni if they hand pick the 35 best kids in the area to play for them

Hoover isn't what it use to be..... they aren't even the best high school football team in the city of Hoover any longer. The school was split in half and another school was added. Hoover excelled because they were the only high school in a 70k city. Spain Park High was opened and split there talent. Spain Park put Hoover out of the playoffs last year. I expect Hoover to lose and they may lose big.

Back