Midnight Madness BOTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's messed up. I guess I'll enjoy the botb with SU and Dega before I go to Chicago the day after.

I wonder who at JSU was being greedy? JSU folks?

Why would one be greedy at an event that they're not even the host?

Taken from another site

People are so quick to make assumptions without having facts.. Let's state facts.

1. JSU paid SU a whopping $4,900 from years event. FACT!!!!!!
2. JSU travel agency, who still uses a travel agency in 2014?, had SU band in 6 different hotels. Two of them included Motel 6 and Days Inn. Talk about safety of students... This ALONE violated last years agreement in which most of you don't know the contract terms. (And folks wonder why Haymer was pissed on game day.) FACT!!
3. It took JSU TWO MONTHS(after the event) to pay SU $4,900. Yet SU is deemed unprofessional? GTHOFH.

So thank you Mr. Haymer for proposing a new contract since the previous was signed by Dowell Taylor and Haymer. This makes this that contract null and void since.DT is no longer DOB. Also from my understanding, O'Neil Sanford has stepped in trying to flex his muscle.

What most people don't know is Dowell Taylor and Nathan Haymer have no beef. They actually talk often and had fully planned on making this event. The variable here is Mr. Sanford. Mr. Taylor was very apologetic after last years event and him and Haymer communicated many times in the Spring.

So call SU unprofessional as much as you want, but we not be pimped by our own event by JSU or anyone else. Also, the greater benefit should go to home band. SU guaranteed JSU $10K, On the night of the event I might add, lodging, buses, etc. If that isn't good enough for JSU, the outcome is just want it is.

So let's also be clear, they event would of been more successful in BR and JSU too prideful to accept 10k, but demanding half the gate of an SU BAND fundraiser. I guarantee the event will be more successful in BR.

JSU ran their event last year they way they wanted to with little to no input from SU. It was unsuccessful and not beneficial (for SU) which charges $ Xx,xxx for an event like that. We took a devastating loss by participating loss by attending JSUs unsuccessful fundraiser on last year.

SU has moved forward with Plan B and I love it. SU is also confident that when Little takes over with COMPLETE control of the BOOM the event will continue.

If anyone has any questions on the truth, please let me know...

I understand now...dayum shame...

Taken from another site

People are so quick to make assumptions without having facts.. Let's state facts.

1. JSU paid SU a whopping $4,900 from years event. FACT!!!!!!
2. JSU travel agency, who still uses a travel agency in 2014?, had SU band in 6 different hotels. Two of them included Motel 6 and Days Inn. Talk about safety of students... This ALONE violated last years agreement in which most of you don't know the contract terms. (And folks wonder why Haymer was pissed on game day.) FACT!!
3. It took JSU TWO MONTHS(after the event) to pay SU $4,900. Yet SU is deemed unprofessional? GTHOFH.

So thank you Mr. Haymer for proposing a new contract since the previous was signed by Dowell Taylor and Haymer. This makes this that contract null and void since.DT is no longer DOB. Also from my understanding, O'Neil Sanford has stepped in trying to flex his muscle.

What most people don't know is Dowell Taylor and Nathan Haymer have no beef. They actually talk often and had fully planned on making this event. The variable here is Mr. Sanford. Mr. Taylor was very apologetic after last years event and him and Haymer communicated many times in the Spring.

So call SU unprofessional as much as you want, but we not be pimped by our own event by JSU or anyone else. Also, the greater benefit should go to home band. SU guaranteed JSU $10K, On the night of the event I might add, lodging, buses, etc. If that isn't good enough for JSU, the outcome is just want it is.

So let's also be clear, they event would of been more successful in BR and JSU too prideful to accept 10k, but demanding half the gate of an SU BAND fundraiser. I guarantee the event will be more successful in BR.

JSU ran their event last year they way they wanted to with little to no input from SU. It was unsuccessful and not beneficial (for SU) which charges $ Xx,xxx for an event like that. We took a devastating loss by participating loss by attending JSUs unsuccessful fundraiser on last year.

SU has moved forward with Plan B and I love it. SU is also confident that when Little takes over with COMPLETE control of the BOOM the event will continue.

If anyone has any questions on the truth, please let me know...

I understand now...dayum shame...
Great info man!!! As a boom alumni I had no idea but when I saw that 1 person wasn't cooperating I automatically figured it was Dr Sanford because Little loves stuff like botb!

Great info man!!! As a boom alumni I had no idea but when I saw that 1 person wasn't cooperating I automatically figured it was Dr Sanford because Little loves stuff like botb!

Get on yo ppl folk..the hell going on over there...yall upsetting the public folk..ppl been looking forward to this battle all year long..

Get on yo ppl folk..the hell going on over there...yall upsetting the public folk..ppl been looking forward to this battle all year long..
But even though Taylor is gone,the contract was still with the boom,no matter who is in charge so why try to renegotiate if it was already signed for 3 years? Just as I figured there are 2 different sides being told!

Last edited:
Lol like I said, we good. It ain't and never was JSU in the first place. It has all been Sanford (SU Grad) from the beginning. He's even the one that wanted to start this whole BOTB between the two schools. He's the one that did all the planning and prepping for last year's BOTB in Jackson. Taylor left it all in his control and figured he knew what he was doing only to find out he STILL messing stuff up smh. Ain't our people that's the problem, it's that one SU Grad that came from NSU. He keep this up and he won't make it the rest of the year even as interim DOB.

I'm glad JSU isn't participating, no sleep lost here!
mod.gif

Don't worry, the game is still on for Saturday...yall will just have to wait on that ass-whooping until Saturday...that's all..

Seen this on Facebook:
11846666_990619407636417_9176084257702655904_n.jpg

The fact is when you break a contract you are the greedy one. Haymer broke the three year deal contract he signed and wanted to renegotiate the term and only pay JSU $10,000.00 plus expenses

The fact is when you break a contract you are the greedy one. Haymer broke the three year deal contract he signed and wanted to renegotiate the term and only pay JSU $10,000.00 plus expenses
I knew it was another side to it lol! Just like Su to jump all over some shit when they don't really know all the details. I'm glad they aren't going either! Talledega is more than they can handle already!!

When you sign a contract that's your word that you will honor that contact. Now if you didn't like the terms in the beginning and sign anyway then that's on you!!!!! Now y'all want to pull a Grambling a strat crying but yet you sign the contract. Now you calling JSU out????? Typical SUcks!!!!!! Telling half truths don't change the fact that your band director broke the contract. Now don't that my word for it ask him if he was will to go with the original contract he signed with Dowell Taylor. Now before you think you found a loop hole in my comment about signing with Dowell who is no longer at JSU. Unless there is a clause that says both bind directors must be present then him not being at JSU isn't an out. The contract is with JSU band and SU band not the directors. Now still don't take my word. I'm sure you SUcks have some alum that are attorneys ask them if breach of contract is ok because you didnt make as much money as you thought. Now who's the greedy party.

If he "broke the contract" JSU should sue. (which is why I'm certain there is no breach)

Now let me clear up this late and hotel business. Lat year Dowell set up SU lodging at the same hotel we set up every other band that comes to play JSU. The Marrioit downtown. At the last minute someone from SU said they didn't want to be that close to JSU campus and demanded other hotel. Well due to the local Jackosn and metro area hotels booked up for the game. The closes place was Canton. Now due to the size of SU they had to use two hotels. Now if you turned down accommodations being petty then how is that JSU fault. No before you say I'm lying where did SU stay??? That was their fault they could have been walking distance from the AAC but someone wanted to make a statement and it backfired. Come on with it Du spin doctors lets here your lies.

The last time JSU tried to Sue it got use nowhere plus the legal fees over this little amount would not be worth the fight. Come dude you knew the answer to that be for you asked. Heck you one of the smarter SUcks on here. Why sue we just let you out and move on Good luck with your event and see you on Saturday

Plus like stated earlier Sanford made the call. No only is he the guy who set the first contacted event up he's one of yours. So if an SU grade you all have been bragging on made the decision to not renegotiate from the original contract what????????!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back