Boombox Classic Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ok been

I've accepted that you didn't answer any of those questions, not only did you not answer, you didn't even post a clip from your band to rebute the questions Lol.
Sheesh

That's because I don't need too lol. Who cares about arguing over opinions of peons? I personally didn't think a lot of songs SU played were worth much but I ain't on here campaigning it either lmao. Now run along and wait for the next L Alcorn about to throw your way.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I guess it's one of those things where you have to actually be there to really get a fair assessment. Cause from what I saw on the YouTube videos, I don't know what the Boom fans here are talking about. The Jukebox was all over the Boom from the time they got there till the time the police told them to go home.

From someone who has ties to neither school, nor biased, personal preferences for either band, I'd say that SU took this one.

~shrugs~

You are entitled to your opinion... no matter how flawed it may be.. Just remember in a couple of weeks the Storm will receive the same fate. The BOOM will be Judge, Jurior, and Executioner.

I guess it's one of those things where you have to actually be there to really get a fair assessment. Cause from what I saw on the YouTube videos, I don't know what the Boom fans here are talking about. The Jukebox was all over the Boom from the time they got there till the time the police told them to go home.

From someone who has ties to neither school, nor biased, personal preferences for either band, I'd say that SU took this one.

~shrugs~
Excatly!! j st the only fans who think there band is good. I'm not a fan or did I play in the band. I guarantee u u could ask 8 swac schools in the Swac conference who has the best band Southern or j st I bet 85 to 95 percent will say Southern. I play music Southern and Famu are the only bands that make u say hmmmm.

A marching band primary focus should be halftime not the stands. The bands had Crankfest in New Orleans, Zero quarter and halftime to showcase their talents. An extended 5th quarter just wasn't necessary, people use common sense here!

Jackson State DID THE RIGHT THING!
sbed_sign_goodnite_100-100.gif
I said da same thing. Also JSU only gave 3 for da UAPB game. I mean JSU had done there job so y have this long ass 5th especially with SU. They had seen SU already so no point. Good job JSU. Make SU go by your rules at ur stadium.

This game was again like I said, JSU runs and make a thread to (lie) about what happened. Everybody that's not with JSU knows this battle was one-sided once again.

This game is truly over-hyped, again nothing was played by JSU to see Liberian Girl...if so please post the clip...

SU out-drilled the piss out JSU, smh

Man I'm waiting for Alcorn, this battle has taken a back-seat..
Lmao. Your comment made you feel good didn't it. Haha. Glad you feel better tho

That's because I don't need too lol. Who cares about arguing over opinions of peons? I personally didn't think a lot of songs SU played were worth much but I ain't on here campaigning it either lmao. Now run along and wait for the next L Alcorn about to throw your way.
I said the same thing bra. I was like I didn't care for SU songs and there father I stretch is a disaster but I'm like who cares. It's not that big of a deal.

~shrugs~

Eggggzactly. Everyone has been saying that JSU's arrangements are subpar and the precision on the field hasn't been there since the 90's. Not to mention it seems like this year they're playing Carnell Knighten's greatest hits. I'm happy that they're happy though. Moving on....

You SUck are fake as hack. You love to mistreat other bands at you campus then when you get it back you run to social media and cry. Since you asked WTH. let me tell you why went it down like it did. Blame you band director. First off when we come there your police lock the Boom out until SU is in the stands warmed up and ready to blow on us. Even before getting to the gate they won't let the Boom leave from where we get off the buses until they say we can march to the gates to be locked out. And don't lie it happens I'm there with the band every year and even your media guy who knows me he can verify I am there so I know first hand. Heck I got him in the game free yesterday. We have stood outside that gate as long as an hour and a half without complaining. So save that victim cry.

Now about why it went the way it did yesterday. Let's go back to the last time you all came to Jackson extra early. Every one who goes to a JSU game and seen security at the gate where the band goes in has seen the older campus security lady Ms Barnes. She is a small lady. At the time she was the only security at that gate because it was so early. When she told whoever with your band they can't go in before the Boom. She was cursed at and yelled at by a members of your band staff now I don't know which one. I'm telling you what she told me. This lady was just doing her job. How would you feel if one of our staff cursed your mom. Now every time we are at your stadium and told the same thing by your security we don't argue we kick down and wait. But one of your band staff curses an old lady then distracted her while she was taking tickets from cars parking in the gate. While doing her other duties Your director sent several band members in with instruments. When she called out to them to stop they kept going. She had to leave the gate to go and tell them to Come back but they still kept walking total disrespect. By the time she got them stopped they had made it to where you enter the stadium. When she turned around your director had the band coming in past the post she just had to leave. When she tried to stop the band they went right past her. Ms Barnes is well respected and loved at JSU. She works in the administration tower. Doing that to her pissed a lot of people off.

Now to address why the police came in the stands. Again it goes back to Your last visit here. when JPD tried to get Haymers attention to tell him to only play one more song one of your staff told them (JPD) no you come up here to me if you want to talk to me. That Pissed JPD off. As a result of your director or whomevers actions and total disrespect for JSU and JPD authority your last visit Steps where taken to ensure there was not a repeat of such disrespect. So if you thumb your nose at authority don't cry when that authority push back.

Now I know you SUcks are going to respond and say no SU is not disrespectful I will tell you it was sad it had to go that far but you brought it on yourselves. And yes someone from SU was disrespectful and got loud with Ms Barnes yesterday. But being ready for such I was there early with Ms Barnes. This guy was with your football staff. I was there and had to intervene. He then tried it with me even though I was in full Hinds County Sheriff uniform. And when I sent him on what did he do he went crying that I hurt his feelings. And what did I do. I went right over to each of the people he was crying to while he was standing there a repeated word for word what said and what he said to Ms Barnes.

Last thing. As for the state of relation with the the police. Worry about your city. Two of the last law enforcement killed in Baton Rouge where my cousins. The Baton Rouge officer and the US Marshal.

You SUck are fake as hack. You love to mistreat other bands at you campus then when you get it back you run to social media and cry. Since you asked WTH. let me tell you why went it down like it did. Blame you band director. First off when we come there your police lock the Boom out until SU is in the stands warmed up and ready to blow on us. Even before getting to the gate they won't let the Boom leave from where we get off the buses until they say we can march to the gates to be locked out. And don't lie it happens I'm there with the band every year and even your media guy who knows me he can verify I am there so I know first hand. Heck I got him in the game free yesterday. We have stood outside that gate as long as an hour and a half without complaining. So save that victim cry.

Now about why it went the way it did yesterday. Let's go back to the last time you all came to Jackson extra early. Every one who goes to a JSU game and seen security at the gate where the band goes in has seen the older campus security lady Ms Barnes. She is a small lady. At the time she was the only security at that gate because it was so early. When she told whoever with your band they can't go in before the Boom. She was cursed at and yelled at by a members of your band staff now I don't know which one. I'm telling you what she told me. This lady was just doing her job. How would you feel if one of our staff cursed your mom. Now every time we are at your stadium and told the same thing by your security we don't argue we kick down and wait. But one of your band staff curses an old lady then distracted her while she was taking tickets from cars parking in the gate. While doing her other duties Your director sent several band members in with instruments. When she called out to them to stop they kept going. She had to leave the gate to go and tell them to Come back but they still kept walking total disrespect. By the time she got them stopped they had made it to where you enter the stadium. When she turned around your director had the band coming in past the post she just had to leave. When she tried to stop the band they went right past her. Ms Barnes is well respected and loved at JSU. She works in the administration tower. Doing that to her pissed a lot of people off.

Now to address why the police came in the stands. Again it goes back to Your last visit here. when JPD tried to get Haymers attention to tell him to only play one more song one of your staff told them (JPD) no you come up here to me if you want to talk to me. That Pissed JPD off. As a result of your director or whomevers actions and total disrespect for JSU and JPD authority your last visit Steps where taken to ensure there was not a repeat of such disrespect. So if you thumb your nose at authority don't cry when that authority push back.

Now I know you SUcks are going to respond and say no SU is not disrespectful I will tell you it was sad it had to go that far but you brought it on yourselves. And yes someone from SU was disrespectful and got loud with Ms Barnes yesterday. But being ready for such I was there early with Ms Barnes. This guy was with your football staff. I was there and had to intervene. He then tried it with me even though I was in full Hinds County Sheriff uniform. And when I sent him on what did he do he went crying that I hurt his feelings. And what did I do. I went right over to each of the people he was crying to while he was standing there a repeated word for word what said and what he said to Ms Barnes.

Last thing. As for the state of relation with the the police. Worry about your city. Two of the last law enforcement killed in Baton Rouge where my cousins. The Baton Rouge officer and the US Marshal.
Sop83 eatem up bra. You hit da shit dead on da head

I never did understand why Jackson insists on limiting the 5th quarter to 3 rounds. In most cases in the SWAC, the 5th quarter is usually 5 rounds and that's how it was during my years in band when we went to Jackson. When and why did that change? I couldn't believe that the cops really went into the stands to show force just to stop the band from playing 1 song.
I don't really care how many songs they play. I didn't march during a time where anybody other than the stadium stopped us from playing. We played until one of the bands ran out of songs, which may be past midnight.
My only concern is sending armed police in as though there was a matter of urgent concern that needed police intervention ane with the mindset and actions of some police recently, it is no secret that there are some cops that are looking for an opportunity to rough up or snuff out the life of another black. It makes no sense to introduce the potential for that for something as routine as playing music.

Dude, you started a whole thread for this? Fighting actual crime is far more important for Jackson police officers than monitoring bands. Come on man. And then you got the nerve to talk about killings and crime?
The job of the police is to fight crime and prevent killings in all of Jackson, NOT patrol two bands most of the night.

If they say three songs, then limit it to THREE songs, and disperse. When you're at Mumford, you can stay as long as you like, but you weren't in Mumford. It's just that simple.
???
Of course, fighting actual crime is far more important for Jackson plice than monitoring bands... So, why the heck would a black person charge them ot place unnecessary energy on running into a crowd and into a band as though some real danger was in progress that they were seizing control of.
And you darn right I got the right to talk about crime and killings, have you not been noticing how easy the stuff is popping off all across this country. These situations usually have no actions deserving of its results. So again, why woud any of us (blacks) introduce the potential of yet another one to pop off?
If 3 songs is the real issue, why the heck was both bands still there. If I said 3 songs and done, I'm playing three songs and I'm done.
I thought I knew you better than this JayRob. My comments have absolutely nothing to do with what black did it to what black. It just happens to have been a JSU to SU matter that I witnessed Saturday night. If it was the opposite, my opinion would be exactly the same and I'd be just as pissed, because we as a people should be far better than this Willie Lynch mentality towards one another.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Alrighty then...
You've introduced far more than the one thing I'm speaking of and that I'm totally not comfortable with nor cool with.
First, I'm not aware of any mistreatings of any bands, including JSU, on the campus of Southern University. It didn't use to be. Hell, we had and still have excellent relationship with those who marched in both bands in our era. I spent time with some of them before and after the game Saturday. The directors were exactly the same way. So, any of that crap would have come to reality as I said in my post at some point, likely in the 200s and was not snuffed out when it was detected. Competitive and prideful is totally understandable. Sending police in to do what grown folks and work together to do is irresponsible actions.
Unprofessional actions have paths by which to be addressed. Again, I hadn't heard anything about it. I hate to ask you to add more to what I wasn't addressing. But, when did it start mattering to any band when another band entered the stadium? The only thing I could think of is asking a band to not enter until after some sort of pre-game ceremonies were completed, because I recall when I was in the band some bands took so long to enter that they were distracting to what was being presented on the field when they entered. But, that was real rare. You seem to describing some type of pissing contest with Director Egos that certainly wasn't present in our 80s battles. Get there early, get there late. We didn't care. We ar going to handle our business when we arrive whether another band is there or not.
As for worrying about my city, already there by brother. Baton Rouge is not my city, by the way. But, I'm not only conerned about my city. Other cities are of my concern also. You can limit yourself to one. I'm not made up that way. I wasn't raised as a Mississippi boy to not have concern for others and my people (blacks). My deepest sympathy to you and your family for your cousins losing there life over another situation that makes no sense. Though I have high school classmates and college classmates on the staff of officers in Baton Rouge, my heart would have been just as compassionate if I didn't know a soul on their staff. I was also concern for the citizens in the area that could have been killed or injured by what was happening to cause both of those situations. The first one I became aware of when one of Southern classmates, who is also from MS, was running FB live. So, I was not only appauled at seeing the shooting but worried about him and the others who were on the scene when it happened.
My whole point and major concern was the sending police into the crowd and band for something as routine and simply as playing some songs. It was not worth the risk of something potentially going wrong.
As fans, we face a bunch of stuff that makes no sense also. I wondered for years why it started. But, I come work my way through it and have my usually good time with both SU and JSU fans once I arrive. If there is unprofessional and disrespectful mess going on with those that represent the university they all need to start acting like the educated blacks that they are. Nothing good come from that and we are all supposed to be better people than that. As competitive and fierce as our rivalries are, we should never degrade our actions in the rivalries to the levels of disrespect. And we certainly should never allow ourselves to stop being concern with each others well being.

Well as far as the police going into the stand you have to remember what I stated it wasn't Haymer you told the police to come in the stands and tell him to leave. So to avoid another round of you come to me they went straight to him to in the same manner he requested. The sad part is he does these things then throws his hand up to get the fans worked up but he knows exactly what he did. For example. I never posted this but at the last honda SU went to. I was called to come on the field during mass band practice to stand by our tubas because Haymer was stand near our tubas talking shit. I couldn't believe it until someone pointed it out while I was standing in the stands. I saw him by the time I came out the stands he had moved. I march in the early 80s under Haughton and Taylor. I had the utmost respect for Doc and

Boy they sure do come in here and post a lot of one-sided stories to make themselves look better. . Even if one grain of those stories are true, there was no reason for police to be involved in a band battle where both bands were being cordial and non-threatening to one another. If folks are actually trying to support having police do what they did then maybe we need to revisit ever playing Jackson State in Jackson again. And police should never let their emotions cause them to take such actions, that's part of the reason why we have these issues with LEOs in the first place. Also where was JPD when our band is walking down the ramp for halftime and getting mugged by JSU fans slapping them with towels and blocking their path holding shirts in their faces?

Last edited:
Eggggzactly. Everyone has been saying that JSU's arrangements are subpar and the precision on the field hasn't been there since the 90's. Not to mention it seems like this year they're playing Carnell Knighten's greatest hits. I'm happy that they're happy though. Moving on....
Who Do I Turn To
Another Star
Dancing to the Rhythm

I guess Lovely Thang and Together Again is next. lol

What I've seen is that JSU's band has completely sold out to try and out-power SU while SU has taken to being more musical in the 5th. JSU can definitely play loud, but their sound on ballads can't come anywhere near SU. Liberian Girl, Soon As I Get Home, and These Three Words were untouchable.

???
Of course, fighting actual crime is far more important for Jackson plice than monitoring bands... So, why the heck would a black person charge them ot place unnecessary energy on running into a crowd and into a band as though some real danger was in progress that they were seizing control of.
And you darn right I got the right to talk about crime and killings, have you not been noticing how easy the stuff is popping off all across this country. These situations usually have no actions deserving of its results. So again, why woud any of us (blacks) introduce the potential of yet another one to pop off?
If 3 songs is the real issue, why the heck was both bands still there. If I said 3 songs and done, I'm playing three songs and I'm done.
I thought I knew you better than this JayRob. My comments have absolutely nothing to do with what black did it to what black. It just happens to have been a JSU to SU matter that I witnessed Saturday night. If it was the opposite, my opinion would be exactly the same and I'd be just as pissed, because we as a people should be far better than this Willie Lynch mentality towards one another.
Dude, su has usually gotten along with police in Jackson for the most part UNTIL this Haymer dude became director. That's the ONLY difference.
You can't come in disrespecting law enforcement and not expect them to respond accordingly.
More importantly, what kind of example is he setting for his band members in the first place? From the looks of it, not a good one.

Boy they sure do come in here and post a lot of one-sided stories to make themselves look better. . Even if one grain of those stories are true, there was no reason for police to be involved in a band battle where both bands were being cordial and non-threatening to one another. If folks are actually trying to support having police do what they did then maybe we need to revisit ever playing Jackson State in Jackson again. And police should never let their emotions cause them to take such actions, that's part of the reason why we have these issues with LEOs in the first place. Also where was JPD when our band is walking down the ramp for halftime and getting mugged by JSU fans slapping them with towels and blocking their path holding shirts in their faces?
Dude, all Haymer had to do was do what the police requested. That's the whole point. The dude is overly arrogant and thinks he can do at other places what he does in Baton Rouge. He's still very young, but hopefully he'll learn to control his emotions and arrogance. Right now though, he's not setting a very good example for his band members.
One can be competitive and confident, but when it degrades into total and outright disrespect towards law enforcement, then that's going too far.

I'm interested in one question; "Who won the half time show? I think all this talk about police is just a way to avoid the question of the hour, which is, "Who won the halftime show?" I'm interested in what the band folks from both schools think about the question I asked.

... southern fans in here lying again huh. Let me lay facts.... fact, how was y'all half time good when y'all were booed after a impressive flower drill (it was well executed) til "do what you wanna do" was played by your own fans? I've talked to su current students and they said they were very upset southern didn't open their book here.... 3 2005-2006 arrangements in the zero and y'all claim a W..? Facts, y'all say j.state overhype's and lives off their name right southern? but southern trying to live off of Jackson era songs to argue against a newer book on jsu part.... so if jsu did the same as su and brought out its old songs and a new drill y'all would've said we held the L because "we had no book" cause y'all are so biased ... and I've gotten in the boom ass all last year and earlier this year when they've had bad performances all around so I'm very objective even gave yall a compliment earlier about the flower drill , which I thought stood out in yalls halftime....The old heads at the game from state ,Aamu, & txsu said they preferred jsu, and it got so bad that haymer got up and directed "3 words" , which got no reaction because the wow factor was gone... and y'all played that 3 weeks straight and y'all didn't get house from your fans.... let me put this jsu had to go get the police on southern lie to bed. For one ever since 2010 and southern continuing to play after they broke agreement the athletic director put a strictly enforced time slot that everyone must be out of the stadium at that set time so lights can go off and stadium officials and police can go home this is not a on campus stadium... Due to SU unruly behavior who was started by yours truly haymer cussing and acting a damn fool and even fights between fans that got out of hand this isn't the 90s y'all police got families too they want to go home to so let's look at what happened since then.... 2012 it was 3 out against su, 2014 3 & out against su, and this year it was suppose to be 3 and out agreed on by Sanford after halftime but haymer broke agreement , which at that point forced the police to take action so further mishap wouldn't happen ... haymer would've kept breaking agreement if not... there was an agreement.... and like always haymer broke it... y'all were kicked out... stop blaming jsu band directors it's been in stone with THIS game 3 & out since 2012 like how y'all always put visiting bands in that small corner ... facts.... this is an all time low for y'all defending old 2005 su songs in the zero and half the 5th and a half ass halftime performance that got booed by your own after the drill and before "do what you wanna do" ? Hold y'all L .... come now that's beneath southern standards and y'all know it. Match this up against past su bands and y'all know this performance wouldn't stand or touch a Jackson or gregs era group.... southern is a sinking ship fellow boomers.... and it's fans are arguing as it slowly sinks....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back